EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   PVP Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2589)
-   -   Some fame questions (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=504025)

ladyvengeance 07-28-2011 10:16 PM

<p>Okay, so I haven't played in about 3 years, back when it was quite easy to get and lose titles. But from the few days I have been playing, this is what I understand:</p><p>-Each kill gets you 6 points of fame. 500 points gets you to the next rank.</p><p>-When you are killed and you lose fame, you lose 60 points of fame. </p><p>-At the start of each season everyone's fame goes back to zero.</p><p>If this is true, I don't really understand why you lose 10X the fame when you die than if you gain fame. Makes zero sense.</p><p>Also, how long is each season? Thanks!</p>

Ssue 07-31-2011 04:10 PM

<p><cite>ladyvengeance wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Okay, so I haven't played in about 3 years, back when it was quite easy to get and lose titles. But from the few days I have been playing, this is what I understand:</p><p>-Each kill gets you 6 points of fame. 500 points gets you to the next rank.</p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;">- 6 points a kill for non-titled persons, and yes 500 pnts per rank.</span></p><p>-When you are killed and you lose fame, you lose 60 points of fame.</p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;">- You lose 60 pionts if you are a Hunter and killed, unranked only lose 6.  If you kill a Hunter (solo) you get 60 points. The Higher the rank the greater the win/lose.</span></p><p>-At the start of each season everyone's fame goes back to zero.</p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;">- We are still in the testing season, but we all did lose our fame at the start, and yes this is the plan as far as we know.</span></p><p>If this is true, I don't really understand why you lose 10X the fame when you die than if you gain fame. Makes zero sense.</p><p>Also, how long is each season? Thanks!</p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;">- Not sure yet, nothing is in stone.</span></p></blockquote>

Winter12345 07-31-2011 06:01 PM

<p>I think they should lower the amount of fame that is required to get to the next title or increase the amount of fame you get from killing a player. It doesn't make sense that it takes 84 solo pvp kills just to get hunter. Back in the old days it would take only 5-6 solo pvp kills to get hunter...in fact i dont believe it took anywhere near 85 solo pvp kills to get any one of the titles.</p><p>I could see sense in this rate if you were trying to get a high title like general or master...but really? Hunter?</p>

Ilovecows 07-31-2011 08:14 PM

<p>I think the amount of kills as it is is fine.  It is made this way now so that most people don't have titles, only a few people can get them and keep them.</p><p>The only problem imo is that the fame loss from dying as a hunter is too much.  It should be more like this.  6 for dying as no title, 12 for dying as hunter, 24 for dying as slayer, 48 for dying as destoryer, and so on.  This would make it so that people would be able to have titles without having to run from any fight there is even a 1% chance they will lose to keep it...</p>

Ssue 08-01-2011 09:12 AM

<p>I think the current system works well enough, of course this is coming from someone who doesn't hold a title most of the time and doesn't care to.  I do like seeing those 10, 12, 15, 18, 30, or 60 point infamy gains.  Not because I am getting the infamy, but because they are loosing so much.</p><p>Also, it is nice that very few have Hunter, less have Slayer, 1-2 have Destroyer (that I have seen)  and I have only seen one Champion, (and he's no longer playing for some reason.)</p>

Vaylan77 08-02-2011 04:31 AM

<p>Whole fame system goes into the wrong direction - but I don't care about titles anyway and play too many toons to actually get one up.Solo players and players in small groups benefit the most of the fame system and no big surprise to often see rangers having titles. Strange enough in a massively MULTIPLAYER game that people grouping up get the least amount of fame while solo players get 6 with every kill. On my lvl 59 char which I normally just use for waiting in EL until WF is over I here and then get a kill or two. And guess what - he has a higher fame than my T4 chars I actually play in several WFs a day. So playing a char in a group and sometimes die with him will not get you as much fame as just sitting somewhere alone and kill 1-2 players a WF. Now tell me how this fame system shows how skilled a player is: Basically a title only shows that one has an OP class, being solo, killing questers and running away when others hit them first.Get rid of the whole title system completely. I don't mind having no such a system in place at all.</p>

Balrok 08-02-2011 11:16 AM

<p>If someone doesn't care about titles, then they really shouldn't say to get rid of them.  I rather like the system.  If you want to play for titles, then go for it... it's not easy to keep a title and still actively PvP at the same time.</p><p>Group PvP is way to easy to kill a target.  But if a group kills a Hunter+, there is enough points to be spread within the group to be worth it.  Of course preds can and do get titles easiser, but that's no big deal.  Let them get them... cause it's really a joy to take them from them too.</p><p>The Best part of this system atm is that you can get fame and writ updates over and over again until the titled target either quits zerging or loses a title completely.  It's great and again a joy to see.  You can even kill a Hunter, de-title him and kill him again for fame/update.  lol  priceless!</p>

Vaylan77 08-02-2011 11:21 AM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If someone doesn't care about titles, then they really shouldn't say to get rid of them.</p></blockquote><p>sure one can - cause a fame system has side effects in a game like ppl running away if they fear to lose their title which is basically the total opposite you wanna see on a pvp server.</p>

Balrok 08-02-2011 11:50 AM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If someone doesn't care about titles, then they really shouldn't say to get rid of them.</p></blockquote><p>sure one can - cause a fame system has side effects in a game like ppl running away if they fear to lose their title which is basically the total opposite you wanna see on a pvp server.</p></blockquote><p>tbh.. it's not the fame.  You can say it is, but the people that you believe to be "hugging" fame are actually doing whatever it takes to not die in a game.  It can be seen as lame or cowardly, but they are playing their characters to not die.... at all costs.  Fame just supports their game play flavor.  Remove fame, they still run and pick their fights based on odds of survival.</p><p>... I'll actually say fame can influence a player, so fine.</p>

Owwiee 08-03-2011 10:23 AM

<p>From someone that is new to THIS fame system I like it.... very few will ever have title's... as it should be.  Sadly the "fame" system does not support things that REALLY deserve fame.  A healer who keeps his group alive during a nasty battle.  The mage who although was killed right off the bat but got a res and came back to deliver the killing blow.  The tank that protected his party right to the end.  Them groups that stood thier ground against insurmountable odds.  Sure maybe they get a few points of fame but really....???  Is a ranger who snipes you so fast his mount never even drops worth of fame?  Hardly. </p><p>I'm still working on getting to 90 and am 2.5 lvls away.  I am hopeing that with the 90 gear I fair better but the insane ammount of damage the 90's are cranking out my hopes are slim LOL</p>