EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   PVP Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2589)
-   -   R.I.P. Level Locking...Now We Get The New SHINY Level Locking (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=504001)

Hilt 07-28-2011 06:09 PM

<ul><li>Subclass Alternate Advancement trees have been reformatted. The connections have been removed and the tree is now formatted in rows. The first row contains four abilities and requires no points spent to access. The second row contains five abilities and requires five points spent in the Subclass Tree to access. The third row has six abilities and requires ten points spent in the Subclass tree to access. The fourth row has six abilities and requires 15 points spent in the Subclass tree to access. The fifth row is the endlines – now known as Expertise abilities. These abilities unlock every 20 points spent in the Subclass tree above them. At 20 points spent, you can select one Expertise ability. At 40, 60 and 80 points spent, additional Expertise abilities can be purchased.</li><li>The Subclass Alternate Advancement tab now unlocks at level 30.</li><li>The Shadows Alternate Advancement tab now unlocks at level 50.</li><li>The Sentinel’s Fate Alternate Advancements now unlock at level 80.</li><li>The Heroic Alternate Advancement tab now unlocks at level 80.</li></ul><p>...</p><p>/discuss</p>

Sprin 07-28-2011 06:38 PM

<p>Clear as mud</p>

Hilt 07-28-2011 06:47 PM

<p>Anyone have low level SKs with Reaver?</p><p>Inquisitor with Battle Cleric?</p><p>Any other classes with that ONE shiny AA goal...</p><p>Wanted to gage where they stand with these changes...</p>

GussJr 07-28-2011 06:58 PM

<p>Can you post a screen shot of the new layouts?</p>

Hilt 07-28-2011 07:09 PM

<p>Once I get back home from the office and log into test to see if I can screen capture the layouts...</p>

Rahatmattata 07-28-2011 08:41 PM

<p><cite>GussJr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Can you post a screen shot of the new layouts?</p></blockquote><p>A few posts down <a href="http://www.eq2flames.com/nagafen/85677-gu61-test.html" target="_blank">here</a>.</p><p>It sucks, but since EVERYONE is getting screwed equally at lower levels, I think it will be ok. Also, TSO tree makes low level characters way OP for PvE content.</p>

Hilt 07-28-2011 11:21 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>GussJr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Can you post a screen shot of the new layouts?</p></blockquote><p>A few posts down <a href="http://www.eq2flames.com/nagafen/85677-gu61-test.html" target="_blank">here</a>.</p><p>It sucks, but since EVERYONE is getting screwed equally at lower levels, I think it will be ok. Also, TSO tree makes low level characters way OP for PvE content.</p></blockquote><p>Oooooo thank you!!! Very nice break down...</p>

Ahlana 07-29-2011 08:18 AM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>GussJr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Can you post a screen shot of the new layouts?</p></blockquote><p>A few posts down <a href="http://www.eq2flames.com/nagafen/85677-gu61-test.html" target="_blank">here</a>.</p><p>It sucks, but since EVERYONE is getting screwed equally at lower levels, I think it will be ok. Also, TSO tree makes low level characters way OP for PvE content.</p></blockquote><p>Really who cares anymore if low level content is under powered to the players? I mean Smoke has all but said 90 is the only place people should be. This seems to be one more push</p>

Shotneedle 07-29-2011 07:41 PM

<p>I didn't have a lower toon to test, but I *think* 39s can spend 70 points in both kos/eof trees now too.</p>

Rahatmattata 07-30-2011 05:57 AM

<p>Nope.</p><p>That would hardly make up for the loss of the TSO tree anyway.</p>

Crismorn 07-30-2011 06:51 PM

<p><cite>Ahlana wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>GussJr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Can you post a screen shot of the new layouts?</p></blockquote><p>A few posts down <a href="http://www.eq2flames.com/nagafen/85677-gu61-test.html" target="_blank">here</a>.</p><p>It sucks, but since EVERYONE is getting screwed equally at lower levels, I think it will be ok. Also, TSO tree makes low level characters way OP for PvE content.</p></blockquote><p>Really who cares anymore if low level content is under powered to the players? I mean Smoke has all but said 90 is the only place people should be. This seems to be one more push</p></blockquote><p>As SoE completely re-temizates level 1-80...</p>

Sprin 07-30-2011 07:21 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I didn't have a lower toon to test, but I *think* 39s can spend 70 points in both kos/eof trees now too.</p></blockquote><p>No, just coppied my 35 toon over to Test Copy server and checked, 50 / 50 / 0 / 0 is what I can spend...</p>

Talathion 07-30-2011 07:36 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I didn't have a lower toon to test, but I *think* 39s can spend 70 points in both kos/eof trees now too.</p></blockquote><p>No, just coppied my 35 toon over to Test Copy server and checked, 50 / 50 / 0 / 0 is what I can spend...</p></blockquote><p>Lol.</p>

drakkenshie 07-30-2011 10:11 PM

<p><cite>Hilt wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Anyone have low level SKs with Reaver?</p><p>Inquisitor with Battle Cleric?</p><p>Any other classes with that ONE shiny AA goal...</p><p>Wanted to gage where they stand with these changes...</p></blockquote><p>I tailored several of my low toons with specific sets of AA. They are not in any way overpowered, and this change breaks their setup and removes some of the fun I have with them. Its not game-breaking quite, but definitely a negative, and doesn't seem to serve any real purpose except to push people through content as fast as possible.</p><p>Anyone who finds the low level stuff too easy: its that way because its been nerfed heavily, not because players are more powerful. The nerfing made it easy even before/without a lot of AA, especially if you ran it with a group.</p><p>The game was made easy by nerfs to the content, and design changes to level people ever faster because SoE wants to push everyone to 90 as fast as possible.</p><p>Ironically, it was being able to burn AA at lower level that kept a lot of us playing the lower content and leveling slowly, and taking on more challenges. I'll still do it, but it does mess up some of my toons and its not as much fun.</p><p>Can you power-level and get a ton of AAs? Sure... and this change won't prevent that. The players who do that are already going to be zooming up as fast as they can and trivialize the lower content.</p><p>But those of us who liked to lock our toons down low found AA to be a whole lot of fun, and it gave us a series of welcome rewards when we spend days or even weeks between levels.</p><p>If you are supporting this change to try and make lower level content relevant and more difficult, AA is the wrong target. SoE needs to slow the leveling and make the content more difficult like it used to be, if that is your goal.</p><p>Players can already slow leveling by burning for AA or just turning off XP, but of course that doesn't change the content.</p><p>I think a lot of people here have no memory of when the dragons in Antonica and Commonlands would kill you and were to be avoided until you gathered forces for revenge... <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p>

Rahatmattata 07-31-2011 12:36 AM

<p>I remember my first raid was in Ant on Anguis... I was a 17 pred using those crappy level 10ish sais that drop off trash in Ant and I just kept getting IMMUNE! IMMUNE! IMMUNE!</p>

Vaylan77 08-02-2011 11:29 AM

<p>instead of fixing things that are not broken soe should finaly fix bgs - the updates in this game more and more bring me to the conclusion to stop playing this game again for some years which i did some years back already once...</p>


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.