EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   General Gameplay Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2586)
-   -   Grey Quest AAs (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=480547)

Orlac 06-08-2010 01:25 PM

<p>If I go back and do grey quests with my slider at 100, will I get the same AA XP as I would have when the quests were green/blue?</p>

Jaremai 06-08-2010 01:45 PM

<p>Quests give the same amount of aa xp regardless of what color they are (at least, this is how I interpret it).</p><p>But keep in mind that the amount of aa xp needed to fill your aa bar increases as you get more points.  So a quest that might have moved your aa bar 20% when you were level 10 and had no aa's at all, might move your bar 1% when you're level 20 and have 25 aa's.</p><p>Given that, your <strong>perception</strong> of aa gain for doing grey quests might be that you get less aa xp for completing them, when in fact you're just filling a much larger bucket than you were before.</p><p>Someone can feel free to correct me but this is my understanding of how it works.</p>

Eveningsong 06-08-2010 01:58 PM

<p>Yep, that's what I interpreted from a dev post a while back - same AA amount regardless of level or number of AAs. </p>

Pacus 06-08-2010 08:25 PM

<p>But, does your AA "bucket" get bigger with the more AAs you have in the same way your adventure EXP "bucket" gets bigger with the more levels you acheive?  I thought I heard that wasn't the case.</p>

Lortet 06-08-2010 10:43 PM

<p>Yes, you require more aaxp to level aa as you get more aa's. Take two characters in a group at the same xp level but with different aa levels and you can clearly see the lower aa character get bigger percentage increases with kills and quest hand ins</p>

Grobi 06-09-2010 07:29 AM

<p>to my understanding you get exp and aa exp for all quests over lvl 10. so if you mentor down when you hand in the quest you shloud get more aa exp instead handing in the grey quest , becouse now you get the normal exp too coverted in aa. how much of a diffrence it is , i have no clue.</p>

PeterJohn 06-09-2010 07:54 AM

<p>You also get a bonus to your AA experience when mentoring.</p>

Armawk 06-09-2010 08:02 AM

<p><cite>Grobi wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>to my understanding you get exp and aa exp for all quests over lvl 10. so if you mentor down when you hand in the quest you shloud get more aa exp instead handing in the grey quest , becouse now you get the normal exp too coverted in aa. how much of a diffrence it is , i have no clue.</p></blockquote><p>I am 99% sure that you no longer need to mentor down to hand in quests. You get the experience even if it is grey. Only killing mobs is different when grey.</p>