EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   Items and Equipment (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2596)
-   -   PQ Adornments / Runes (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=502524)

NViDiaFReaK 06-28-2011 09:07 PM

Please for crying out loud put in another method of acquiring the runes that drop off the PQs. Being forced to farm PQs mindlessly in hopes that one will randomly drop is maddening. Consider putting them on the gnoll vendor in thurgadin harbor. Make them have a requirement of 40k with both thurhadin & rygor if you need to. Just please give us an alternative to PQs.

Trensharo 06-29-2011 06:52 AM

<p>Seconded, but I think SOE wants to keep a steady stream of ubers to carry semi-AFKers to free gear at those PQs.</p>

Morghus 06-29-2011 07:23 AM

<p>I dont think it really is that big of an issue. Maybe if there were a larger variety of possible runes..but overall I dont think it is needed. I dont even want the things, and I hardly run any pqs anymore and have 3 yellow and 12 red from pqs.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 06-29-2011 07:31 AM

<p>well its the only way to get a 30% yellow or 40% red AE auto attack rune so for my swashy and pally thats a pretty big deal.  </p><p>Ive run PQ's pretty much non stop since launch and only got the wild swings rune 2 times.. now i need it again as ive upgraded all my swashys gear..</p><p>Should i be forced to continue doing PQ's and hope it randomly drops for me.</p><p>Why cant they be on a merchant?</p><p>At least with war runes onces youve gotten it once you are flagged to purchase it again.. </p>

Gungo 06-29-2011 03:29 PM

<p>Dont all adorns drop in a crate already. Its honestly not that hard to get that crate anymore. I dont see a problem with them adding them to a vendor for like 100 heroic shards or something.</p>

circusgirl 06-29-2011 05:05 PM

<p>I think we should be able to buy them once we've had them drop once, like the raid-earned shards.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 06-29-2011 07:27 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Dont all adorns drop in a crate already. Its honestly not that hard to get that crate anymore. I dont see a problem with them adding them to a vendor for like 100 heroic shards or something.</p></blockquote><p>Well Ive run it every day in the past 2 weeks on my swash tryign to get the rune. doing both PQ's a minimum of 6 times a day total and have yet to see it drop a rune for me.. </p><p>I have gotten 8 weapons and 5 bp's though.. But no rune </p><p><span style="font-size: 11px; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">[email protected] Bayle wrote:</span></p><blockquote><p>I think we should be able to buy them once we've had them drop once, like the raid-earned shards.</p><div></div><div></div></blockquote><p>QFE</p>

Vitriol 06-30-2011 11:44 AM

<p>I'd love to know why healers do not get the option to take the aoe rune, since it doesn't have a class restriction?</p><p>I would love it for soloing and when I can do some dps on easymode raids, yet I'm being denied access to the rune - if it was class restricted I could understand, but it isn't.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 06-30-2011 06:04 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'd love to know why healers do not get the option to take the aoe rune, since it doesn't have a class restriction?</p><p>I would love it for soloing and when I can do some dps on easymode raids, yet I'm being denied access to the rune - if it was class restricted I could understand, but it isn't.</p></blockquote><p>i agree with this as well.. My inquis would like to use it... IF IT EVER DROPPED,, please put them on a vendor</p>

slippery 06-30-2011 06:25 PM

Could always make them purchasable with cloudy velium jewels

NViDiaFReaK 07-05-2011 07:01 PM

<p><cite>slippery wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Could always make them purchasable with cloudy velium jewels</blockquote><p>that would work too..</p><p>Why is this issue being ignored?</p>

Cratoh 07-05-2011 07:23 PM

<p>leave it as it is. hopefully the addition of a few people in good gear to help undergeared people will babalnce pqs on servers especially pvp ones.</p>

Crismorn 07-05-2011 08:07 PM

<p><cite>Cratoh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>leave it as it is. hopefully the addition of a few people in good gear to help undergeared people will babalnce pqs on servers especially pvp ones.</p></blockquote><p>Yes this is fair, have all the good players equipt the bad once by playing the game for them.</p><p>You should work for SoE</p>

Wurm 07-05-2011 10:16 PM

<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cratoh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>leave it as it is. hopefully the addition of a few people in good gear to help undergeared people will babalnce pqs on servers especially pvp ones.</p></blockquote><p>Yes this is fair, have all the good players equipt the bad once by playing the game for them.</p><p>You should work for SoE</p></blockquote><p>undergeared doesn't = bad.</p><p>But yes the wild-swing runes should be on sale somewhere. I'm trying to get another one myself...</p>

Cratoh 07-06-2011 04:02 AM

<p>No it shouldn't be for sale - it is a pq rune, they are gotten from doing pqs. </p>

slippery 07-06-2011 04:41 AM

<p><cite>Cratoh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>No it shouldn't be for sale - it is a pq rune, they are gotten from doing pqs. </p></blockquote><p>Then let me do the epic Ring War with 6 people, don't force me to have to be around a bunch of idiots. If we can complete Storm Gorge x4 with 6 people, why can't we do Ring War?</p>

Lethe5683 07-06-2011 04:58 AM

<p><cite>slippery wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Could always make them purchasable with cloudy velium jewels</blockquote><p>That's probably the best idea.  Either that or put them on the vendor for the usual 5/10 shards but require 40k thurgadin faction.</p>

Cratoh 07-06-2011 06:29 AM

<p>Why shouldn't you have to group with what you clearly see as inferior players? It is a public quest, with rewards that only come from public quests. Deal with it, if you want the rune do the PQ and suck it up if you are with the commoners. My main is geared pretty sweet mix of normal and HM raid gear, I don't care at all about who I group with on pqs.</p>

Teris 07-06-2011 09:45 AM

<p>You also get raid runes from raids, smart guy. And once you loot them, there's a merchant to repurchase them.</p>

Griffildur 07-06-2011 11:03 AM

<p>I like the current system.</p><p>Sure, it would be so much easier to get the rune once and then buy it from a merchant.</p><p>However, having to run a pq to get it again helps everyone else who does pq , alts, new players etc.</p><p>Since a PQ is in fact a Public Quest, I'd say the current system best in its current form.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 07-06-2011 02:24 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I like the current system.</p><p>Sure, it would be so much easier to get the rune once and then buy it from a merchant.</p><p>However, having to run a pq to get it again helps everyone else who does pq , alts, new players etc.</p><p>Since a PQ is in fact a Public Quest, I'd say the current system best in its current form.</p></blockquote><p>If you actually got a rune everytime you did the PQ i would agree with you.  But ive done close to 100 pq's now and seen no rune drop at all.</p><p>I do love that the devs feel it prudent to respond to threads about mounts, stationcash, server upgrades, etc.  But when it comes to responding to an actual thread about something even semi important it goes ignored.</p>

lazlo1 07-06-2011 03:06 PM

<p>Plz do something about this. Running PQs for a small chance at these runes is painful.</p><p>1. Once you get one it unlocks like other war runes.</p><p>2. You can buy them for cloudies.</p><p>3. Once you get max 40K faction with a couple main factions you can buy them with ...</p><p>Any combination of those things is fine. Just some way so i dont have to run PQs over and over on a char that doesnt need anything else from PQs.</p>

slippery 07-06-2011 03:30 PM

<p><cite>Cratoh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Why shouldn't you have to group with what you clearly see as inferior players? It is a public quest, with rewards that only come from public quests. Deal with it, if you want the rune do the PQ and suck it up if you are with the commoners. My main is geared pretty sweet mix of normal and HM raid gear, I don't care at all about who I group with on pqs.</p></blockquote><p>Why should I be penalized by the fact that other people aren't around when we could complete the event with 6 people, but aren't allowed to for an arbitrary reason?</p><p>Better yet, this is a game, why am I FORCED to repeat content far below my progression if I want to better my character?</p>

Cratoh 07-06-2011 06:28 PM

<p>Bacause that is the way it works. Shouldn't need to spell it out for you really. PQs are entry level DoV content for new players and alts alike, and the fact that there are decent runes available there for endgamers means that there is a chance that when the aforementioned undergeared players are trying to run what is, for them, a pretty hard task, they may get some help.</p><p>Having to interact with all strata of level 85+ players in this MMO is not a bad thing, nor needed to be changed.</p><p>Possible compromise for my and your point of view would be having the chance of a decent drop increased per contribution to the event.</p>

circusgirl 07-06-2011 08:19 PM

<p><cite>Cratoh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Bacause that is the way it works. Shouldn't need to spell it out for you really. PQs are entry level DoV content for new players and alts alike, and the fact that there are decent runes available there for endgamers means that there is a chance that when the aforementioned undergeared players are trying to run what is, for them, a pretty hard task, they may get some help.</p><p>Having to interact with all strata of level 85+ players in this MMO is not a bad thing, nor needed to be changed.</p><p>Possible compromise for my and your point of view would be having the chance of a decent drop increased per contribution to the event.</p></blockquote><p>It would be very nice if we could increase our odds of getting a rune by holding aggro longer/healing more/parsing higher/buffing more.  I don't mean increasing or odds of getting the good chest, but actually increasing the odds of a rare drop.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 07-07-2011 05:24 PM

<p>this will continue to be ignored be development par for the course im afraid</p>

S3V3R3NC3 07-07-2011 07:39 PM

<p>I'd really like the adorns to be sold at a merchant as well.  Try doing a pq on naggy its basically impossible and non existant.  Most pqs if you are lucky are the heroic version.  I don't  think there has been a raid version since the last gu...  So basically you can no longer get these adorns on naggy =(.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 07-08-2011 09:16 PM

Another 35 pq's, participating in all stages and being 1st on the parse everytime and still no rune. Please do something about this!

Faildozer 07-09-2011 03:35 PM

<p>if they make them purchaseable with cloudies this solves the garbage RNG (which does suck) and yet forces higher lvls to still participate and help out with these and since cloudies are capped its not like it will be super quick to get the runes and will give peeps incentive to still run the PQs for the dropped version.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 07-11-2011 02:35 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>if they make them purchaseable with cloudies this solves the garbage RNG (which does suck) and yet forces higher lvls to still participate and help out with these and since cloudies are capped its not like it will be super quick to get the runes and will give peeps incentive to still run the PQs for the dropped version.</p></blockquote><p>yes this would work.. Im just sick of running them over and over and over with no end in site as to when or if one will drop.. at least by making thme purchasable with cloudy jewels if one doesnt drop there is at least a goal to work towards.. </p>

Gaige 07-11-2011 03:04 PM

<p><cite>Cratoh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>No it shouldn't be for sale - it is a pq rune, they are gotten from doing pqs. </p></blockquote><p>Well, then they should suck, like the rest of the PQ rewards.  Putting a top 10 melee adorn on a PQ was silly.  We need another way of acquiring the greater wild swings adorn.</p>

HBP 07-11-2011 03:13 PM

<p>Between my four alts , each of them have around 50-70 cloudy jewels with no real reason to use them for faction anymore.  So, yah, it would be real nice if we could use them for something else.  Purchasing the pq adorns would be a great idea. </p>

gatrm 07-11-2011 03:33 PM

<p>Using cloudy jewels to purchase them would be nice.  Making them and the raid dropped war runes heirloom would be nice.  Increasing their drop rate would be nice.  I have not counted the pq's I have done, but across 5 toons, I have managed only two of the adornments since launch of DoV- at the very least the drop rate needs to be adjusted up.</p><p>How bout making it like the lore and legend items, where the more of a mob you kill the more likely it is to drop l&l piece.  The more pq's that character plays, the more likely it is to get the adorn, there must be a way to track how many events since an adorn dropped and factor it into the RNG.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 07-13-2011 08:15 AM

<p>a red name response to this would be nice..</p>

Sedenten 07-13-2011 05:17 PM

<p>What sucks the most is when you finally get one of these adornments and then upgrade the item you adorn, then need to go pull your hair out and rely on the RNG to get another adornment for your upgrade</p><p>Put the runes up for sale for ~30 cloudy velium jewels a piece (even 50 would be fine).  At 30, that would be a minimum of 8 days worth of PQ's (at 4 cloudy jewels per day) to get one.  Also, consider making the jewels HEIRLOOM so that I can play any of my alts for these PQ's and contribute to what I need for my main.  That way I'm not getting so bored always playing the same character each and every PQ if I'm only really after a rune for one character in particular.</p><p>The cloudy velium merchants are already in place--just toss the adornments (plus any other assortment of items) on those merchants.  You could even split the adornments up across the multiple factions and tack on a required amount of faction before you can purchase them.  That would add to the cost and add an extra dynamic to the situation.  </p><p>That way, Cloudy Velium Jewels would retain usefulness and provide an alternative (and more reliable) way to gain these adornments without destroying the spirit of PQ's for some people.</p>

circusgirl 07-13-2011 06:51 PM

<p>They should place the adornments on the various faction merchants for a cost of 10pp and 30 cloudy velium jewels for a red adorn and 15 cloudy velium jewels for a yellow adorn.  In order to purchase any adornment, you must have already looted it from the PQ.  This will keep high-level players doing the PQ, but will remove some of the annoying randomness.</p>

NViDiaFReaK 07-16-2011 09:00 AM

<p>PLEASE listen to at least one or some of the ideas in this thread and do somethign about the Runes......  </p>

Gilli 10-17-2011 10:42 AM

<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'd love to know why healers do not get the option to take the aoe rune, since it doesn't have a class restriction?</p><p>I would love it for soloing and when I can do some dps on easymode raids, yet I'm being denied access to the rune - if it was class restricted I could understand, but it isn't.</p></blockquote><p>i agree with this as well.. My inquis would like to use it... IF IT EVER DROPPED,, please put them on a vendor</p></blockquote><p>My enchanter wanted wide swings the moment he saw it, for he goes down the STR line already has 24% AE attack.  Instead, he can choose from useless mana back and nearly useless stifle resists.  I also agree these should be more available, but I'd care more if I could actually get one I wanted.  As it is I have a pile of silly runes in my bag, mocking me.</p>

Felshades 10-17-2011 04:06 PM

<p><cite>Cratoh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Why shouldn't you have to group with what you clearly see as inferior players? It is a public quest, with rewards that only come from public quests. Deal with it, if you want the rune do the PQ and [Removed for Content] it up if you are with the commoners. My main is geared pretty sweet mix of normal and HM raid gear, I don't care at all about who I group with on pqs.</p></blockquote><p>It wouldn't be so bad if the things would actually drop.</p><p>I havent seen a rune of any type in several MONTHS now.</p>

Angelann 10-24-2011 08:50 AM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>What [Removed for Content] the most is when you finally get one of these adornments and then upgrade the item you adorn, then need to go pull your hair out and rely on the RNG to get another adornment for your upgrade</p><p>Put the runes up for sale for ~30 cloudy velium jewels a piece (even 50 would be fine).  At 30, that would be a minimum of 8 days worth of PQ's (at 4 cloudy jewels per day) to get one.  Also, consider making the jewels HEIRLOOM so that I can play any of my alts for these PQ's and contribute to what I need for my main.  That way I'm not getting so bored always playing the same character each and every PQ if I'm only really after a rune for one character in particular.</p><p>The cloudy velium merchants are already in place--just toss the adornments (plus any other assortment of items) on those merchants.  You could even split the adornments up across the multiple factions and tack on a required amount of faction before you can purchase them.  That would add to the cost and add an extra dynamic to the situation.  </p><p>That way, Cloudy Velium Jewels would retain usefulness and provide an alternative (and more reliable) way to gain these adornments without destroying the spirit of PQ's for some people.</p></blockquote><p>This would fix what has become a frustrating issue for many, many players.  I might add that you still be required to "unlock" the rune in the first place by actually looting one before you are given the option to purchase one using cloudy velium jewels in the future.</p><p>This is the way it works with War Runes, so there is absolutely no reason why it can't/shouldn't work the same way for the PQ runes.</p>

Rageincarnate 10-24-2011 01:22 PM

<p>/wave... Hi there dev peoples !</p>