EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   Fan Faire 2007-2011 (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=4617)
-   -   The cost of fan faire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=644762)

Unspartan 08-29-2009 05:13 AM

<p>Hi all</p><p>I was thinking of coming along to fan faire next year along with some friends from EQ2 and was wondering if anybody could give a rough ballpark figure of how much it cost for the whole weekend?</p><p>A breakdown of approximate about travel costs, hotels, food, admission, etc. so that we all know what to budget for.</p><p>I know this will vary depending on location and other variables but all I am interested in is a rough figure.</p><p>Thanks very much</p>

dicemong 08-31-2009 06:21 PM

<p>Flight and room was about $540 out of Grand Rapids, MI from Wednesday to Sunday.  Food and drink was probably about $300 (could have been more, I kept getting those damned 48oz Margaritas) cab fare/transfer from airport was around 30 bucks, Fan Faire cost was $89.  Depending how long you stay and gamble and/or drink I think I spent about $1000.  If you dont drink or gamble it will be far cheaper. </p><p>Melfor</p><p>Mith Marr</p>

Matt_NZ 09-01-2009 10:43 PM

<p><cite>dicemonger wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Flight and room was about $540 out of Grand Rapids, MI from Wednesday to Sunday.  Food and drink was probably about $300 (could have been more, I kept getting those damned 48oz Margaritas) cab fare/transfer from airport was around 30 bucks, Fan Faire cost was $89.  Depending how long you stay and gamble and/or drink I think I spent about $1000.  If you dont drink or gamble it will be far cheaper. </p><p>Melfor</p><p>Mith Marr</p></blockquote><p>I think I spent about $350 on accomodation and about $100-$200 on food.  I don't drink so I didn't have to worry about that <img src="/station/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" />  I actually found that room service was pretty much the same cost (and sometimes cheaper) then going out to restaurant or w/e.  I won't bother giving you my air faire cost since I travelled from NZ <img src="/station/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" />.  I opted to use a shuttle from the airport which is around $6 each way.  Not as direct as a Taxi as depending on their schedule they might stop at a number of Hotels before yours but being new to Vegas I enjoyed the driving tour <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Calthine 09-01-2009 11:20 PM

<p>The killer is your airfaire.  It's about $1000 for me to fly to Vegas.</p><p>SOE usually arranges special room pricing (book early) and plan $200-300 for food and whatnot.  There's always whatnot <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Matt_NZ 09-03-2009 10:15 PM

<p><cite>Calthine wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The killer is your airfaire.  It's about $1000 for me to fly to Vegas.</p><p>SOE usually arranges special room pricing (book early) and plan $200-300 for food and whatnot.  There's always whatnot <img src="/station/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Pfft, $1000 is nothing for an airfaire <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

MasterCosmo 09-14-2009 04:57 PM

<p><cite>Matt_NZ wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Calthine wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The killer is your airfaire.  It's about $1000 for me to fly to Vegas.</p><p>SOE usually arranges special room pricing (book early) and plan $200-300 for food and whatnot.  There's always whatnot <img src="/station/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Pfft, $1000 is nothing for an airfaire <img src="/station/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>You were probably better off shipping yourself to vegas FedEx or something</p>

Calthine 09-14-2009 05:27 PM

<p><cite>MasterCosmo wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Matt_NZ wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Calthine wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The killer is your airfaire.  It's about $1000 for me to fly to Vegas.</p><p>SOE usually arranges special room pricing (book early) and plan $200-300 for food and whatnot.  There's always whatnot <img src="/station/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Pfft, $1000 is nothing for an airfaire <img src="/station/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>You were probably better off shipping yourself to vegas FedEx or something</p></blockquote><p>I tried, but I can't get all of me into a flat rate box.</p>

Darkerusaelp 09-14-2009 07:06 PM

<p><cite>Calthine wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>MasterCosmo wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Matt_NZ wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Calthine wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The killer is your airfaire.  It's about $1000 for me to fly to Vegas.</p><p>SOE usually arranges special room pricing (book early) and plan $200-300 for food and whatnot.  There's always whatnot <img src="/station/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Pfft, $1000 is nothing for an airfaire <img src="/station/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p><strong>You were probably better off shipping yourself to vegas FedEx or something</strong></p></blockquote><p><strong>I tried, but I can't get all of me into a flat rate box.</strong></p></blockquote><p>LOL</p>

Matt_NZ 09-20-2009 10:11 PM

<p>Apparantly, airfares to the USA from NZ (and vice versa) are about to be reduced by up to 40% <img src="/smilies/47941865eb7bbc2a777305b46cc059a2.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  Maybe I'll be back for fan faire sooner than I thought...</p>

Calthine 09-21-2009 04:11 AM

<p><cite>Matt_NZ wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Apparantly, airfares to the USA from NZ (and vice versa) are about to be reduced by up to 40% <img src="/station/images/smilies/47941865eb7bbc2a777305b46cc059a2.gif" border="0" />  Maybe I'll be back for fan faire sooner than I thought...</p></blockquote><p>Fly through Alaska and stuff me in your carry-on....</p>

Unspartan 09-21-2009 06:39 PM

<p>Thanks for the responses, that will be very useful in the future.</p>


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.