EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   Player Studio Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=4997)
-   -   Submission Questions (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=684642)

usmckl 01-26-2013 04:33 PM

<p>I recently submitted an item, however within the first couple minutes it was kicked back as invalid. It listed that there were 7 files found out of the 6 required. There were only 6 files in the zipped folder when I unzipped it and checked it. So I guess my question is, does the folder count against you in the file number for submission and if so, is there a way to zip it without the folder? I tried only zipping the 6 files however it still said that there were 7 on the submission information. If anyone can shed some light on the matter it would be most helpful. I am on a Mac if that makes any difference.</p><p>Thanks</p>

rollenzekson 01-27-2013 02:08 PM

<p>Did you forget to delete the material file that was generated with the exported object?</p>

usmckl 01-27-2013 03:17 PM

<p>Most likely. Im not too great with texturing, modeling is more my thing. Ill take a look at it in maya, and try to get rid of it. It sounds like this might be that answer. Thanks for the info! If its not too much trouble is there a way you would be able to elaborate on how to remove the materials for the .obj? When exporting from Maya 2013 I turned the materials to off, and I still had the same problem with it saying that there were 7 files.</p>

HaohmaruEQ2 01-27-2013 11:15 PM

<p><cite>usmcklit wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Most likely. Im not too great with texturing, modeling is more my thing. Ill take a look at it in maya, and try to get rid of it. It sounds like this might be that answer. Thanks for the info! If its not too much trouble is there a way you would be able to elaborate on how to remove the materials for the .obj? When exporting from Maya 2013 I turned the materials to off, and I still had the same problem with it saying that there were 7 files.</p></blockquote><p>You shouldn't need to worry about removing the materials as the MTL assignment itself won't create an issue from our end. We just don't 'need' the MTL file since we have to restructure the shader from scratch regardless. Not including it in the zip is all we really need folks to be wary of for ease of conversion/flow.</p><p>As for the submission kick back - I'm not sure if it's the MTL file, but that's a great guess if we're scanning for file counts first. I wouldn't think it counts a folder as a 'file' either, but it's quite possible too. If you resubmit 6 files as a zip (without zipping the base folder) and it is still kicking back the file, then PM me and we'll see if there's a work around we can try.</p>

rollenzekson 01-28-2013 02:23 AM

<p><cite>usmcklit wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Most likely. Im not too great with texturing, modeling is more my thing. Ill take a look at it in maya, and try to get rid of it. It sounds like this might be that answer. Thanks for the info! If its not too much trouble is there a way you would be able to elaborate on how to remove the materials for the .obj? When exporting from Maya 2013 I turned the materials to off, and I still had the same problem with it saying that there were 7 files.</p></blockquote><p>It's a seperate file that is generated along with the OBJ file and put into the same target directory. Chances are you included it in with your zipped submission. All you need to do is delete it or create a new zip file making sure you only have the following 6 files: OBJ, TXT, c.tga, s.tga, n.tga and the JPEG. </p>

usmckl 01-28-2013 02:26 PM

<p>ah ok. Whenever I exported it from Maya there wasn't a seperate file created. The only file that exported was the .obj mesh.</p>

rollenzekson 01-28-2013 03:49 PM

<p><cite>usmcklit wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>ah ok. Whenever I exported it from Maya there wasn't a seperate file created. The only file that exported was the .obj mesh.</p></blockquote><p>I work in 3D-Max so maybe Maya is different.</p>

usmckl 01-29-2013 08:05 PM

<p>Just an update, incase anyone else has this problem. I was able to get one of the 2 items to the valid stage. The one had a problem with the .jpeg suffix and upon changing it to .jpg it was accepted. Still workin on the other though.</p>