EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   General Gameplay Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2586)
-   -   Silent Bans: AFK mercs, and sony's responibility. (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=517957)

Sinnous 05-02-2012 12:39 PM

<p>Lempo. I am not a troll nor am I trying to justify. I really am getting sick of trying to reason with you to be a friendly member of the forums. Calling people names and being rude is not acceptable and is against forum ToS. So with  that I give up. I don't usually visit the forums and now I remember why. I'm on the Freeport server and if you think that I am in support for this you should come visit and see that whenever i'm on in the game world I am in fact at my keyboard minus the occasional food or bathroom break. Is powerleveling against ToS because I definitely have been doing that lately to my other paid account. </p>

SOE-MOD-02 05-02-2012 12:43 PM

This post has moved: <a href="/eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=499962&post_id=5752382" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">/eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5752382</a> Trolling is not permitted.

Sinnous 05-02-2012 12:46 PM

<p>You're welcome.</p>

Lempo 05-02-2012 12:49 PM

<p><cite>Sinnous wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Lempo. I am not a troll nor am I trying to justify. I really am getting sick of trying to reason with you to be a friendly member of the forums. Calling people names and being rude is not acceptable and is against forum ToS. So with  that I give up. I don't usually visit the forums and now I remember why. I'm on the Freeport server and if you think that I am in support for this you should come visit and see that whenever i'm on in the game world I am in fact at my keyboard minus the occasional food or bathroom break. Is powerleveling against ToS because I definitely have been doing that lately to my other paid account. </p></blockquote><p>You need to carefully read my replies, I called you no names, nor was I rude at all to you. I'm sorry if you took it that way.</p>

Gilasil 05-02-2012 12:51 PM

<p>Interesting how the op kept talking about oh they just had the merc out and went afk and got banned.  Only later do we find out they were really afk leveling.  Looked to me like the op was trying to sneak one past.</p><p>As far as I'm concerned SoE's ONLY obligation is to have something referring to this in the ToS and it doesn't have to be all that specific.  I'll check when I logon tonight but if they talk about any sort of exp gain while afk that's all the warning anyone should need.  If that's not enough then you know now and have no excuse.</p><p>Perhaps there's things SoE can do without breaking other stuff, perhaps not.  While it would be nice if they could design the game so cheating just wasn't possible it's probably not realistic to expect that in a game as complex as EQ2.  Banning cheaters seems to me to be a perfectly acceptable alternative.</p><p>In any event, everyone here now knows not to afk level with a merc so no one here has an excuse.</p>

Hateeternal 05-02-2012 01:01 PM

<p>I didn't read through all of the pages, but the first few answers</p><p>seemed unreasonably angry.</p><p>I can't see where that comes from, I mean seriously,</p><p>if people want to cheat or autolevel or do afk-whatever</p><p>they'll just do it no matter what.</p><p>SOE implemented those Mercs, telling us</p><p>this is what we wanted and what we all needed...</p><p>They seem to work the way SOE intended them to,</p><p>otherwise, I assume, we would see a rapid fixing of said behaviour.</p><p>I also think a customer should not be banned over a thing that is so obviously</p><p>under the developers control and even more obviously "working as intended".</p><p>If such a thing happened to me and I'd be as sure about the developer's responsibility</p><p>as it appears to be in the case told by the OP,</p><p>this would sure as hell be the last day that they's see any kind of money from me</p><p>ever again.</p>

SOE-MOD-02 05-02-2012 01:08 PM

<p>Closing this down now. Thank you for the feedback!</p>