EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   Itemization / Spirit Stones (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2850)
-   -   Myth Cloaks (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=523300)

Mogrim 10-23-2012 06:08 PM

<p>Let me preface this by reminding you that we were told that the rewards in PoW would be long-lasting in several cases. My hope is that improving the very underwhelming Myth Cloaks. For those who are head of the guild I'm in for progression, the Mythical Cloaks that drop in PoW have been largely a letdown and really need to be vastly re-itemized.The vast majority of the cloaks are worse than Vallons HM cloaks and the Raid Tradeskill Crafted Cloaks. Honestly, if these cloaks are fixed, it will give the zone at least some lasting value. Kind of like how Munzoks had lasting value due to the power of some items. I believe this is critical to the game, even though there is a chance I'll never see the items. I know that several people, Slippery/Buffrat/Myself (not that I put myself in any elite league, I'm just willing) are willing to offer some suggestions based on the needs/wants of the class to help make these cloaks better.</p><p>For starters, each cloak should also have a Red and Green slot. But more importantly, several of the effects on the cloaks are worthless or even... a net loss if they're used (The Warlock effect and its 2-second casting time is so inefficient a Warlock should never use it)Are you willing to look into this? </p>

Neiloch 10-23-2012 07:12 PM

<p>Green slots are only going to be on necks and rings from the start. They will probably add them to more stuff later but I doubt any time soon. The cloaks should <strong>absolutely</strong> have red slots though, that's the least they can do.</p><p>My worry with myth cloaks is them having an effect so indispensable they will have to change itemization or classes themselves later on because people are used to them or content was balanced with them in mind. Few examples of this happening before are focus effects, myth weapon buffs, and the scout miragul charms.</p><p>If there is a chance we could absorb them later like myth weapons then I definitely think we should upgrade them. Would be a nice compensation for not getting any new level 95 spells (outside of prestige).</p>

slippery 10-23-2012 08:26 PM

What's a mythical cloak

Shotneedle 10-23-2012 11:03 PM

<p>Two red slots, go.</p>

Xarc 10-23-2012 11:16 PM

wait theres mythical items in POW?

Maergoth 10-24-2012 03:18 AM

<p>"Oh man, I made those years ago"</p><p>At least the Paladin one is cool.</p>

Kander 10-26-2012 04:50 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Two red slots, go.</p></blockquote><p>Yes.</p>

Mogrim 10-26-2012 05:18 PM

<p>What about some tweaks to the abilities on the cloaks? Some classes have some really solid abilities and some have laughers/unusables.</p>

Maergoth 10-26-2012 06:17 PM

<p>Rebalancing or even tweaking old gear is an in depth, time consuming process. Adding 2 red slots and</p><p><span style="text-decoration: underline;">MAKING THEM REFORGABLE</span></p><p>isn't.</p><p>I didn't get to say a word to Kander at fanfaire, but that 3 letter confirmation makes up for all of it. Now I can spend all my DKP in peace.</p>

Mogrim 10-26-2012 06:52 PM

<p>For gear that is intended to be the best piece to drop at the climax of an expansion, improvements are warranted.</p>

Jezes 10-26-2012 08:40 PM

<p>Trying to justify spending a ton of dkp on the Inquisitor one, clicky for 100% AE Auto for 15 seconds or something, when I have 88% ae auto attack. </p>

Daalilama 10-26-2012 09:09 PM

<p>I'd take a dkp loan out if the damm templar one would ever drop</p>

Neiloch 10-26-2012 11:24 PM

<p><cite>Mogrim wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>For gear that is intended to be the best piece to drop at the climax of an expansion, improvements are warranted.</p></blockquote><p>Not to mention they have the 'mythical' label. Not sure what warrants that label these days.</p>

slippery 10-27-2012 03:00 AM

It'd be great if they dropped <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I'm pretty sure AB's rng is broken as hell. I really wish we could actually get someone to look at it, but it'll never happen.

Kander 10-29-2012 06:54 PM

<p><p>Plane of War: Inquisitor's Drape of War – Warbearer – This effect now gives the inquisitor 15% flurry, 100% accuracy and 100% Strikethrough for 16 seconds.</p><p>Plane of War: Conjuror's Banner of War – Has a new effect called Warbarrier – Grants 100% damage immunity to pets for 8 seconds. Reusable every 5 mins.</p><p>Plane of War: Warlock's Banner of War - Acidic Deathcloud – Now grants caster 10% spell double attack for 8 seconds in addition to the spell damage. Reuse remains 90 seconds.</p><div>Coming Soon.</div></p>

Mogrim 10-29-2012 07:13 PM

<p>Hopefully that removes the cast time for the Warlock Cloak or at least reduces it... 2 seconds cast time is brutal. Otherwise, these are definitely better than before. Nice!</p>

Kander 10-29-2012 07:30 PM

<p><cite>Mogrim wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Hopefully that removes the cast time for the Warlock Cloak or at least reduces it... 2 seconds cast time is brutal. Otherwise, these are definitely better than before. Nice!</p></blockquote><p>The Warlock and Conjuror effects are now instant cast.</p>

lodgepark8485 10-29-2012 07:30 PM

<p>why can i find no info on assassin myth cloak?</p>

Orienne 10-29-2012 07:45 PM

<p>Quick question if I may. Are there any plans in the future to allow these Mythical cloaks to be reforgeable, or is that something that will never happen?</p>

Jezes 10-29-2012 07:47 PM

<p>Definite imrpovement from 'useless' on the Inquisitor one. However, 16 second clickys just make me sad. I would love a passive ability. But I shall not hold my breath.</p><p>Thanks for actually changing it though!</p>

Kander 10-29-2012 07:52 PM

<p><cite>Orienne wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Quick question if I may. Are there any plans in the future to allow these Mythical cloaks to be reforgeable, or is that something that will never happen?</p></blockquote><p>There are no plans to allow these to be reforgeable.</p>

RogueSpideyChick 10-29-2012 08:55 PM

<p>Could you please look at the druid ones? They are terrible, along with the fact that they are EXACTLY the same. All of the other subclasses at least got unique cloaks, while the druids both got the same horrid cloak. It's not even a guaranteed clicky proc, it's only a chance during the time when the clicky's active. I don't think a single druid will even bother spending the dkp on theirs when they're the only ones left in guild without them, unless it's just for the standing stats, & how are standing stats mythical?</p>

slippery 10-29-2012 09:50 PM

Can we just scrap the entire Warlock cloak for 1 additional dot tick. 10% SDA for 8 seconds means you likely won't even double 1 spell, combined with the completely terrible damage of the proc, yea.

Shotneedle 10-30-2012 09:10 AM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Could you please look at the druid ones? They are terrible, along with the fact that they are EXACTLY the same. All of the other subclasses at least got unique cloaks, while the druids both got the same horrid cloak. It's not even a guaranteed clicky proc, it's only a chance during the time when the clicky's active. I don't think a single druid will even bother spending the dkp on theirs when they're the only ones left in guild without them, unless it's just for the standing stats, & how are standing stats mythical?</p></blockquote><p>Hey if you're going going to spend dkp on these, I will gladly take them for my alts.</p><p><img src="http://i.imgur.com/NPcF7.png" width="610" height="622" /></p>

Chronus1 10-30-2012 01:02 PM

<p><cite>slippery wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Can we just scrap the entire Warlock cloak for 1 additional dot tick. 10% SDA for 8 seconds means you likely won't even double 1 spell, combined with the completely terrible damage of the proc, yea.</blockquote><p>Agreed. We don't exactly need another terrible damage spell to go with the dumbfires, dissolve, distortion etc.</p><p>10% SDA clicky is near useless as we have Focussed Casting and Timewarp to rely on. The chances of somthing meaningful to double is useless. 1 dot tick will actually be useful and we don't have to add it to the list of all the temps we have to click already if it's a passive effect.</p>

Mogrim 10-30-2012 01:06 PM

<p><cite>slippery wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Can we just scrap the entire Warlock cloak for 1 additional dot tick. 10% SDA for 8 seconds means you likely won't even double 1 spell, combined with the completely terrible damage of the proc, yea.</blockquote><p>I agree. Insta cast low damage and a chance for an extra SDA here/there is better than it was. I would've just preferred...1) 2 extra seconds of FCor2) Make Gift of Bertox Maintained instead of a teampor3) 1 extra tick</p>

Piropiro 10-30-2012 05:05 PM

<p><cite>Kander wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Plane of War: Warlock's Banner of War - Acidic Deathcloud – Now grants caster 10% spell double attack for 8 seconds in addition to the spell damage. Reuse remains 90 seconds.</p><div>Coming Soon.</div></blockquote><p>10% sda for 8 seconds? really? 10% sda means it MIGHT put the warlock at a whole 20%. That's a pretty insulting "fix". for a frame of reference, the wizard mythical buff is 10% passive. a mythical cloak with an 8 second 10% reusable every 90 seconds... i hope you dont expect us to dance a jig in thanks.</p><p>Like said previously dot tick it or make the sda passive.</p><p>*edit* if FC duration was increased it'd need to be closer to 5 seconds not 2. between recovery and cast duration 2 seconds could very well not even net 1 extra spell.</p>

Nidy 11-01-2012 07:32 PM

<p>How about the brigand cloak with the puncture effect. !!!! Nothing mythical about that.</p><p>Nidy</p>

Ambrin 11-06-2012 11:18 PM

<p>Could you please take a look at the monk cloak? Adding an extra 6 seconds to an ability that is primarily used to give us more snap agro really isn't very useful. The cloak will still be useful for its stats and redslots, but the effect is crappy and will not offer any reason to continue using this cloak once a cloak with better stats can be found.</p>

Shotneedle 11-07-2012 01:01 AM

<p>Really? Because I use it for death touches.</p><p>Granted, 6 seconds to it doesn't change that either.</p>


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.