EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   PVP Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2589)
-   -   PvP Class (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=523638)

Meph144 10-29-2012 02:03 AM

<p>Which class does best at pvp?</p><p>Brigand,Berserker..or maybe iquisitor,warlock mage.</p><p>I am a pvp player and I want to make the best choice.I read some topics and I understand that the game is not too balanced..wouldnt want to pick one of the useless classes.</p><p>So,actually which one is better,berserker or brigand?</p><p>And if there is some class that beats those 2 I would like to hear.</p><p>EDIT:Also,which AA is best at pvp?</p><p>PS: Free Classes</p>

Meph144 10-29-2012 05:52 AM

<p>*BUMP*</p><p>Nobody knows?</p>

Delethen 10-29-2012 10:32 AM

<p>If you are trying to do this totally for free, without paying to unlock spells / gear, then it doesn't matter what class you play, you'll get rolled repeatedly.</p>

Meph144 10-29-2012 12:36 PM

<p>I dont plan on playing for free.</p><p>First I want to see if I actually enjoy the game..without needing to roll another class.</p>

crazyeyes321 10-29-2012 01:31 PM

<p>What is your current mode of pvp preference?  Battleground instances or open world environment on naggy?  The two are vastly different.  For open world the brig/swash would provide good dps, stealth, and tracking, while in bgs stealth and track have far less utility and I would recommend the zerker, or a mage if you play with people that will keep you alive.</p>

Delethen 10-29-2012 02:33 PM

<p>Both brigands and berserkers are op really, berserkers probably more so.  At least as far as tracking goes i'm not sure its such a big issue in open world (and yes I know I don't play on nagafen) simply because certain races get track anyway.</p><p>If on the unlikely chance it did come down to a choice of brigand v swashbuckler, brigands have an easier time of it as far as killing other chars goes.</p>

Balrok 10-29-2012 06:44 PM

<p>I think the class track doesn't track PvP targets.  Maybe it does... I really don't care about track at all.  I like it for allowing targets to find me better, but that's about it.</p><p>And lets be honest, zerkers are just plain dumb.  And by dumb, I mean unreal to the point of making no sense.  A terrible Zerker I can blow up... but a good one I really don't know what more I can do.  Zerkers would be annoying to play solo though... just chasing people around, never dieing.  Brigs can jump in.. lock up, burn and bolt.  So yeah.</p>

Vlahkmaak 10-29-2012 10:30 PM

<p>It really doe not matter - play the one you enjoy the most because even if you think you have the current FOTM alpha class two things are going to happen:</p><p>1.) Your going to run into one or more people that can destroy you solo or even solo vs your 2-3 players on a class that you have been told cannot pvp well.  </p><p>2.) SOE will change the mechanics/gear/ or some other thing that changes your FOTM class to mid range or balanced or even bottom barrel for the next year or two.</p><p>Of the classes you listed they all generally solo and grp well if played right and can be deadly in the hands of a good player but there is always going to be someone better than you.</p><p>If your planning on playing solo go with a scout - track has proved invaluable during extreme luls in server population. As Exur pointed out Brigs (and scouts in general) ahve great utility for pvp - track, snares, mana/vitality poisones/ etc that can help control the battle in their favor (all these can be countered though to varying degrees with pots/signets/clickys/class skills etc).</p><p>The game is really best enjoyed in a grp/grp+ pvp/e manner IMHO though. Best of luck with the game.</p>