EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   PVP Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2589)
-   -   Exile PvP's last stand? (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=478270)

Shuai 05-10-2010 09:48 PM

<p>Those on pvp servers know that pvp in the world is dying. Even with the upcoming changes for battlefields it will be vitalized for a very short period. Give us a third faction. Give Exile an Overlord or better yet an Underlord! Let us have writs and pvp gear even if the pvp gear has a higher token price. Give the true pvpers a place to reside and not take away their ability to progress their character in the same fashion they would in an overlord faction.  Revive exile!</p><p>What do you guys think?</p>

Grayspirit 05-11-2010 12:49 AM

<p>Currently about half of the server population either stands idle or jumps around in circles in either qeynos harbor or north freeport because of the battleground NPCs (usually within hailing distance of them actually). They do this because they know there is no wild pvp.</p><p>When new halas is released most of the server population will be in the same zone. In arms distance of each other. Standing idle or jumping in circles. In immunity.</p><p>Most that could maybe happen is since it'll be like moors 2.0, is maybe people will make pets to talk to each other and swim out in the water to get out of immunity and maybe duel each other. The only way to fix this is to put all the battleground merchants in the middle of a zone and not in immunity.</p>

baldwinboy3 05-11-2010 11:42 AM

<p>I like the idea of exile faction "underlord" would bring new aspect to pvp that was once popular. I have a 42 warden all [Removed for Content] out waiting in limbo (since i dont play him with no pvp gear) and would go back to him in a second to play all the time if that happened.</p><p>I dont think it will though.</p><p>i say no perma immunity in zones that has open world pvp. meaning only in citys do you get the perma immunitys. this would help those who want to stay in immunity and talk with pets and stuff.</p>

Blambil 05-11-2010 02:10 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Currently about half of the server population either stands idle or jumps around in circles in either qeynos harbor or north freeport because of the battleground NPCs (usually within hailing distance of them actually). They do this because they know there is no wild pvp.</p><p>When new halas is released most of the server population will be in the same zone. In arms distance of each other. Standing idle or jumping in circles. In immunity.</p><p>Most that could maybe happen is since it'll be like moors 2.0, is maybe people will make pets to talk to each other and swim out in the water to get out of immunity and maybe duel each other. The only way to fix this is to put all the battleground merchants in the middle of a zone and not in immunity.</p></blockquote><p>You make a great point. The whole concept of "bubbles" of immunity, within a given zone, always struck me as lazy.. either too lazy to create the resources in a 2nd/3rd location, or to create a new zone etc..</p><p>From an 'immersion' standpoint, bubbles totally wreck it as well.. the fact that two mortal enemies can stand at a banker, unable to even talk to each other, and yet, if they move 100ft, they are now expected to kill each other.... .dumb...</p><p>I'm not sure the right way to fix it... but it's one MORE thing that is screwed up.</p>

Aldhissla 05-11-2010 05:05 PM

<p>I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it but world pvp does need a revival.</p>

Neskonlith 05-11-2010 05:37 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>the fact that two mortal enemies can stand at a banker, unable to even talk to each other, and yet, if they move 100ft, they are now expected to kill each other.... .dumb...</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Just like in real life where you ignore your "mortal enemies" if you meet them in line at the bank - you aren't going to gossip with them.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Also, if you kill your enemy in a bank line in RL, chances are good that you'll get your bullet-riddled carcass tazed into crispy bbq ribs long before you can finish tea-bagging them.</span></p>

Greggthegrmreapr 05-11-2010 06:20 PM

<p>PvP was ruined when they started bending to all the complaints that appear on these boards...  just sayin...</p>

Brynhild 05-11-2010 06:38 PM

<p>Here's a perfect solution to the problem:</p><p>Absoutely no immunity, ANYWHERE, from attacks.  If you are in an 'immune' labeled area you simply don't drop loot or coin if you get killed but you can still get attacked.</p><p>On top of this, if you are in a guarded immune area and you attack someone the guards will zerg you because you shouldn't be attacking people in their guarded zone.   If evil attacks someone in qeynos, the qeynos guards will hunt them down, but qeynos can attack evil people in qeynos with no problems and opposite for freeport zones of course.</p><p>So immune is changed to 'won't drop loot' zone instead of 'can't be attacked at all' (so you can use the banker and such)</p>

Killque 05-11-2010 06:56 PM

<p><cite>Brynhild wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Here's a perfect solution to the problem:</p><p>Absoutely no immunity, ANYWHERE, from attacks.  If you are in an 'immune' labeled area you simply don't drop loot or coin if you get killed but you can still get attacked.</p><p>On top of this, if you are in a guarded immune area and you attack someone the guards will zerg you because you shouldn't be attacking people in their guarded zone.   If evil attacks someone in qeynos, the qeynos guards will hunt them down, but qeynos can attack evil people in qeynos with no problems and opposite for freeport zones of course.</p><p>So immune is changed to 'won't drop loot' zone instead of 'can't be attacked at all' (so you can use the banker and such)</p></blockquote><p>This may make crafting expensive items a bit more difficult =)</p>

baldwinboy3 05-12-2010 01:40 PM

<p>I would make it so no permament immunity unless in a city or tradeskill area. All other places would have a count down and thats it. if u want out of zone call out or go zone imo.</p>