EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   Wurmbone’s End (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2875)
-   -   Prime magnate Mrelg (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=523696)

Chalysa 10-30-2012 07:12 AM

<p>made it to this oh so fun mob. doing the advanced solo, he started doing his script to be challenge mode, and there is nothing I can/could do to stop him as far as I can tell.  I will wait for a response from you before I continue this fight. so am camping out at that point.</p><p>Lvl 95 , some raid gear but the majority is still skyshrine stuff.</p>

Kander 10-30-2012 02:13 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>made it to this oh so fun mob. doing the advanced solo, he started doing his script to be challenge mode, and there is nothing I can/could do to stop him as far as I can tell.  I will wait for a response from you before I continue this fight. so am camping out at that point.</p><p>Lvl 95 , some raid gear but the majority is still skyshrine stuff.</p></blockquote><p>You should get a widget hand when you hover over him, when he starts summoning the darkness. Click on it.</p>

Uwopo 10-30-2012 06:17 PM

<p>The hand is there to interrupt challenge mode, but it takes so long to cast that it's almost impossible to finish with the constant interrupts from the mob.</p>

Nebbeny 11-02-2012 02:30 PM

I got the hand when i was doing this, but i figured i'd give it a shot at challenge mode anyway. My merc kept getting moved around and since they're too stupid to try and stay behind mobs, ended up eating a frontal before i could turn the mob around, but this was when he was at low yellow health so I got through alright. There was an awful lot of curses in this fight, but half the damage done to me was from raining blow. Not sure which that was, curse or trauma, but it ended up killing me after i'd killed the mob! Chest only had the usual solo end boss stuff in it, 1 chest of goodies and 1 clicky, little bit disappointing, I'd hope something get's added to his loot table considering the difficulty of the fight. On a side note, there were a few mobs sprinkled through the zone that had a ridiculous amount of health, I got 2 dev fist hits of 36 million damage on them, compared to a normal mob where it hit for 5 million damage. The cenobites also had ridiculous amount of health but that might of been intended.

Kander 11-02-2012 02:59 PM

<p><cite>Nebbeny wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>I got the hand when i was doing this, but i figured i'd give it a shot at challenge mode anyway. My merc kept getting moved around and since they're too stupid to try and stay behind mobs, ended up eating a frontal before i could turn the mob around, but this was when he was at low yellow health so I got through alright. There was an awful lot of curses in this fight, but half the damage done to me was from raining blow. Not sure which that was, curse or trauma, but it ended up killing me after i'd killed the mob! Chest only had the usual solo end boss stuff in it, 1 chest of goodies and 1 clicky, little bit disappointing, I'd hope something get's added to his loot table considering the difficulty of the fight. On a side note, there were a few mobs sprinkled through the zone that had a ridiculous amount of health, I got 2 dev fist hits of 36 million damage on them, compared to a normal mob where it hit for 5 million damage. The cenobites also had ridiculous amount of health but that might of been intended.</blockquote><p>I will take a look at the challenge loot for that boss.</p><p>Cenobites have a lot of health, yeah. I can bring them down a bit, what class are you playing?</p>

Kander 11-02-2012 02:59 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The hand is there to interrupt challenge mode, but it takes so long to cast that it's almost impossible to finish with the constant interrupts from the mob.</p></blockquote><p>I have changed it so he will be stunned while this is happening, so no interrupts, etc.</p>

Nebbeny 11-02-2012 03:29 PM

<p>I play a monk, currently in PoW/HMdrunder raid gear, typically these solo mobs melt in a few seconds, but the Cenobites took around 30 seconds to kill, at 130k dps. From what I saw, they sit there and do nothing (presumably waiting for the ritual their buff mentions to complete) then fully heal and start retaliating. Except that I only saw 1 mob with the end result buff on him (enlarge 70%, add 70% MA, and a 3rd part i don't remember) and that was one i'd disengaged with by dying or FD (was skipping most of the trash in the zone, untill i got to this section and Blood claws just brought me to my knees). The Cenobites aren't the mobs I had issues with health wise though, like i said, i expected them to have that much health so they could get the ritual off. It was the "a Devourite Protector" that came in pairs. 1 would have a normal amount of health and the other would have millions of hit points (hard to judge with dev fist). Just seemed out of place.   edit- for a reference, the ones with bumped up hp, hit for 36 million, the normal ones dev fist hits for 5 million.  So the seemingly buggy one has about 7x as much hit points as the other, roughly.  Thanks for taking a look at the challenge mode loot tables, going to head back in and clear it non-challenge and see what that gives me.  And yeah, killed it non-challenge, same drops, 1 chest and 1 clicky.  I think the range on interrupting him needs to be increased, stepped out of melee range and couldn't cilck.  I also got interrupted by a KB on my first try clicking, interrupted by a dot on the second go, 3rd got through luckily enough.  Him healing to full when interrupting the ritual seems a bit unneccessary though.</p>

Kander 11-02-2012 06:57 PM

<p><cite>Nebbeny wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I play a monk, currently in PoW/HMdrunder raid gear, typically these solo mobs melt in a few seconds, but the Cenobites took around 30 seconds to kill, at 130k dps. From what I saw, they sit there and do nothing (presumably waiting for the ritual their buff mentions to complete) then fully heal and start retaliating. Except that I only saw 1 mob with the end result buff on him (enlarge 70%, add 70% MA, and a 3rd part i don't remember) and that was one i'd disengaged with by dying or FD (was skipping most of the trash in the zone, untill i got to this section and Blood claws just brought me to my knees). The Cenobites aren't the mobs I had issues with health wise though, like i said, i expected them to have that much health so they could get the ritual off. It was the "a Devourite Protector" that came in pairs. 1 would have a normal amount of health and the other would have millions of hit points (hard to judge with dev fist). Just seemed out of place.   edit- for a reference, the ones with bumped up hp, hit for 36 million, the normal ones dev fist hits for 5 million.  So the seemingly buggy one has about 7x as much hit points as the other, roughly.  Thanks for taking a look at the challenge mode loot tables, going to head back in and clear it non-challenge and see what that gives me.  And yeah, killed it non-challenge, same drops, 1 chest and 1 clicky.  I think the range on interrupting him needs to be increased, stepped out of melee range and couldn't cilck.  I also got interrupted by a KB on my first try clicking, interrupted by a dot on the second go, 3rd got through luckily enough.  Him healing to full when interrupting the ritual seems a bit unneccessary though.</p></blockquote><p>I nerfed the protectors pretty hard. </p><p>He will not stun himself so he should not interrupt you.</p>

Nebbeny 11-09-2012 01:48 PM

As of just now the challenge version of this mob is still dropping the same stuff as every other solo named.

Kander 11-09-2012 02:32 PM

<p><cite>Nebbeny wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>As of just now the challenge version of this mob is still dropping the same stuff as every other solo named.</blockquote><p>He has a higher chance to drop Soul Stones. </p>

Nebbeny 11-09-2012 06:25 PM

Ah okay kander, thanks for clarifying that.