EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   Performance Support (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2637)
-   -   Game Crashing upon Camping to Character Select or Desktop (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=522622)

Zabjade 09-28-2012 06:25 PM

<p><span style="color: #00cc00;">I can give you <strong>no other information</strong>, as it causes my whole computer to hang and I have to do a hard-reboot. This is a recent issue.</span></p>

TSR-AlexS 09-28-2012 06:50 PM

<p><cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">I can give you <strong>no other information</strong>, as it causes my whole computer to hang and I have to do a hard-reboot. This is a recent issue.</span></p></blockquote><p>Since many things can cause the game to crash, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to our tech team so they can further investigate in the matter. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below)</p>

Lamatu 09-28-2012 08:12 PM

<p>Total guess on my part but you can try deleting the file everquest2.exe and repatching. Another suggestion is deleting one of your characters .xml files and see if that helps.</p>

Zabjade 09-29-2012 02:20 PM

<p><cite>TSR-AlexS wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">I can give you <strong>no other information</strong>, as it causes my whole computer to hang and I have to do a hard-reboot. This is a recent issue.</span></p></blockquote><p>Since many things can cause the game to crash, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to our tech team so they can further investigate in the matter. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below)</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">You may have to walk me through that I use XP still.</span></p>

Daryx 09-29-2012 06:12 PM

<p>This also has started happening to me since Thursday's hotfix. I'll submit a tech support ticket but it's not an isolated incident. (I have had Windows 7 for almost 2 years and haven't had any issues like this until Thursday.)</p>

SteelPiston 09-29-2012 10:16 PM

<p>The same thing happens to me now. This has never happened before, but I've done two  /camp <name > today and crashed to desktop the first time and booted to character select the second time.</p>

Zabjade 09-30-2012 04:16 AM

<p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Okay, I did a <em><strong>Validate Game Assets</strong></em> and although nothing was recorded as being downloaded or fixed, the problem seems to have vanished...for now.</span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Now if we could only get the t2 Guild-hall(Qeynos side) crashing issue fixed <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </span></p>

Sannavekk 09-30-2012 07:36 AM

<p>As I mentioned in another thread , which was moved, that validating the game assets ( full file scan) worked for me too.</p><p>BUT!</p><p>next time after a reboot I ran the game again I get the problem again. I am guessing the patcher is doing something that affects certain of us since thur.</p>

TSR-AlexS 10-01-2012 03:49 PM

<p><cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Okay, I did a <em><strong>Validate Game Assets</strong></em> and although nothing was recorded as being downloaded or fixed, the problem seems to have vanished...for now.</span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Now if we could only get the t2 Guild-hall(Qeynos side) crashing issue fixed <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /> </span></p></blockquote><p>Zabjade, glad to know that validating your game assets helped. I will make sure the crashing/zone issue is addressed to the proper team!</p>

Zabjade 10-01-2012 08:58 PM

<p><cite>TSR-AlexS wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Okay, I did a <em><strong>Validate Game Assets</strong></em> and although nothing was recorded as being downloaded or fixed, the problem seems to have vanished...for now.</span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Now if we could only get the t2 Guild-hall(Qeynos side) crashing issue fixed <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /> </span></p></blockquote><p>Zabjade, glad to know that validating your game assets helped. I will make sure the crashing/zone issue is addressed to the proper team!</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Unfortunately the problem is back and validating didn't work <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> could you walk me though the reports you need? </span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Looks like when I Ctr-alt-del to escape before the crash (It goes blank-screen rather than Character select) it looks like memory usage is quite high.</span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">I am using Window's X P in classic mode. (So methods using the 7 aren't quite the same.)</span></p>

TSR-AlexS 10-01-2012 10:01 PM

<p><cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>TSR-AlexS wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Okay, I did a <em><strong>Validate Game Assets</strong></em> and although nothing was recorded as being downloaded or fixed, the problem seems to have vanished...for now.</span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;"></span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Now if we could only get the t2 Guild-hall(Qeynos side) crashing issue fixed <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /> </span></p></blockquote><p>Zabjade, glad to know that validating your game assets helped. I will make sure the crashing/zone issue is addressed to the proper team!</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Unfortunately the problem is back and validating didn't work <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /> could you walk me though the reports you need? </span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">Looks like when I Ctr-alt-del to escape before the crash (It goes blank-screen rather than Character select) it looks like memory usage is quite high.</span></p><p><span style="color: #00cc00;">I am using Window's X P in classic mode. (So methods using the 7 aren't quite the same.)</span></p></blockquote><p>Oh I see! I'd recommend you contacting our support team via chat/phone/email so we can further assist you. PM me the ticket number reference number and I'll be more than happy to help you attain those files.</p>


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.