EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   The Eidolon Jungle (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2856)
-   -   Shades of Drinal: Puzzle Pieces (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=523737)

Silmeria 10-31-2012 01:35 AM

<p>Don't think Rikantus is spawning to talk to him to update the quest...or im just bad at finding NPC's.</p>

Reptilgubben 10-31-2012 02:39 AM

<p>can't find him either. used track over the whole zone and nothing</p>

Reptilgubben 11-01-2012 02:14 AM

<p>any updates on this quest?</p>

Cronyn 11-01-2012 02:49 PM

<p>ACK!  I didn't see this!  I'll look - there might have been some data that didn't make it up.</p><p>Sorry - I'll look right now.</p>

Cronyn 11-01-2012 04:16 PM

<p>K, I believe I know what the issue is.</p><p>I suspect you don't have Unexpected Consequences completed.  Since the bauble bug caused a lot of people to skip over that quest for beta, he's probably invisible to a lot of people.</p><p>The problem is that a few NPC's on this line share that predicate, so there's going to be other places that you get stuck.  If you can, I'd recommend completing Unexpected Consequences so that you don't run into the issue again.  Note that on Live, this shouldn't be an issue - the quest will require that you complete Unexpected Consequences before you even get the Shades of Drinal line, so you should be okay there.</p><p>If you do have it completed already though, let me know.  I'll proceed to slam my head on my desk for 20 minutes then I'll figure out why computer logic hates me.</p>

Silmeria 11-01-2012 08:38 PM

<p>I completed  Unexpected Consequences.</p>

Cronyn 11-01-2012 08:54 PM

<p>Please imagine 20 minutes of *headdesk* here.</p><p>After that, I'll let you know what I found out.</p>

Irgun 11-02-2012 07:29 AM

<p>After the step of Wurmbone Crag/End you gotta go to "Chelsith: The Lost Vault" , but there is only a "Chelsith: The Ancient Vault" - no updates in/around there.....so.....stuck!</p>

Reptilgubben 11-02-2012 07:35 AM

<p>also completed unexpected consequenses</p><p>can only see the normal npc's and ravinus in the ferrott camp .</p>

Cronyn 11-02-2012 03:07 PM

<p>Ugh - I'm stumped.  I've looked at it, I've had QA look at it, we're not able to reproduce this.  We can see him once we've completed Unexpected Consequences.</p><p>Can one of you PM the character name you're seeing this on?  I'd like to get a copy of the character and see if I can figure out how you got into this state so I can fix it.  I don't want players on Live getting in this state.</p>

Cronyn 11-02-2012 03:09 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>After the step of Wurmbone Crag/End you gotta go to "Chelsith: The Lost Vault" , but there is only a "Chelsith: The Ancient Vault" - no updates in/around there.....so.....stuck!</p></blockquote><p>Oh heh, that's a text bug.  I'll fix it - sometimes names on things are temporary during development.  <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>So yes, Ancient Vault is where you want to go.  <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Reptilgubben 11-02-2012 03:31 PM

<p>charname is reptilgubbenx.</p><p>completed unexpected consequences on live ages ago</p>

Irgun 11-02-2012 04:27 PM

<p><cite>Cronyn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>After the step of Wurmbone Crag/End you gotta go to "Chelsith: The Lost Vault" , but there is only a "Chelsith: The Ancient Vault" - no updates in/around there.....so.....stuck!</p></blockquote><p>Oh heh, that's a text bug.  I'll fix it - sometimes names on things are temporary during development.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" /></p><p>So yes, Ancient Vault is where you want to go.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Well, nevertheless theres no update on the step where you have to find Ancient Vault, theres the POI missing to update it I guess.</p><p>Offtopic: same on POI of Harrow`s End, there is none, which means you cant complete the exploration Obol plains achievement since you dont get a pling. (pls let Gninja know, thx) <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Arweena69 11-02-2012 06:45 PM

<p>So in reading the text for this there's a part that's a little confusing.</p><p>Copy from my log</p><p>Drinal's Steward<img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />rinal's Steward/a says to you, "When the other gods left Norrath, they closed off their planes of existence to mortals.  The beings of Norrath continued to perish, but their spirits had final resting place... except Ethernere."</p><p>I think it's supposed to be:</p><p>Drinal's Steward<img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />rinal's Steward/a says to you, "When the other gods left Norrath, they closed off their planes of existence to mortals.  The beings of Norrath continued to perish, but their spirits had <strong>no</strong> final resting place... except Ethernere."</p>

Nebbeny 11-02-2012 07:12 PM

I ran through Ancient Vault whilst on this step, after spending ages running around trying to find another zone near the old chelsith, didn't get an update. Any ETA on when the fix for this will be in so we can carry on doing the quest?

Arweena69 11-02-2012 07:36 PM

<p>So I have not completed '<span style="background-color: #221f1c; color: #d2c5a9; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Unexpected Consequences' on live so I just did it real fast  and I was able to update my quest with no problems.</span></p>

Cronyn 11-02-2012 07:58 PM

<p>OKAY!!!  After much pain and suffering and more pain and more suffering (with some pain and suffering thrown in), I believe we figured it out.</p><p>On the characters we copied and looked at, they each had completed the quest Shades of Drinal: Fate's Crusade - that's the last quest in the sig line.  Rikantus, Erus, and The Duality (when he's put proper - his predicate is gone right now) all disappear when that quest is completed.</p><p>It looks like these characters have already run through the Obol Plains signature line, which will break the progression for Puzzle Pieces.</p><p>However, this is not a problem you should run into on Live.  The quest should naturally progress lineraly, which means you can't pick up Shades of Drinal: Cardin Protection until you've completed Shades of Drinal: Puzzle Pieces.</p><p>So, if you HAVEN'T finished Fate's Crusade, and you HAVE finished Unexpected Consequences and you STILL can't see Rikantus when you're supposed to, let me know.  Then the pain and suffering can resume over here.  <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Now I think I am going to collapse and drool on my desk for a while.</p>

Cronyn 11-02-2012 08:03 PM

<p><cite>Nebbeny wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>I ran through Ancient Vault whilst on this step, after spending ages running around trying to find another zone near the old chelsith, didn't get an update. Any ETA on when the fix for this will be in so we can carry on doing the quest?</blockquote><p>Actually, I put a pointer in for this today.  BUT, you can get to where you need to go if you talk to Clessi Hergravis on the ship where you find Erus Dal'viv.  She can port you right outside the Ancient Vault.  <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Cronyn 11-02-2012 08:13 PM

<p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So in reading the text for this there's a part that's a little confusing.</p><p>Copy from my log</p><p>Drinal's Steward<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" />rinal's Steward/a says to you, "When the other gods left Norrath, they closed off their planes of existence to mortals.  The beings of Norrath continued to perish, but their spirits had final resting place... except Ethernere."</p><p>I think it's supposed to be:</p><p>Drinal's Steward<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" />rinal's Steward/a says to you, "When the other gods left Norrath, they closed off their planes of existence to mortals.  The beings of Norrath continued to perish, but their spirits had <strong>no</strong> final resting place... except Ethernere."</p></blockquote><p>You are correct!  I will fix this.  <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  Thank you!</p>

Nebbeny 11-02-2012 09:44 PM

<p><cite>Cronyn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nebbeny wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>I ran through Ancient Vault whilst on this step, after spending ages running around trying to find another zone near the old chelsith, didn't get an update. Any ETA on when the fix for this will be in so we can carry on doing the quest?</blockquote><p>Actually, I put a pointer in for this today.  BUT, you can get to where you need to go if you talk to Clessi Hergravis on the ship where you find Erus Dal'viv.  She can port you right outside the Ancient Vault.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>I went to the zone in prior to posting and ran through the zone hoping to get an update somewhere in there but no such luck.  After seeing this post and using the teleport, quest dinged whilst swimming between port point and the zone.  Unless you fixed this recently then the update area must be pretty small since I missed it the first time <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>However, rest of the quest updated just fine and I got the disco on the reward, so first I guess <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Arweena69 11-03-2012 08:52 PM

<p>So where in JW are we supposed to find the Deepwater Circle people? I can't seem to find them, hoping I didn't bug myself by finishing the Obol quest line before this one</p>

Meare 11-03-2012 10:07 PM

<p>There is a boat in the water SE of the dock. That where I saw the deepwater NPC</p>

shannontroester 11-03-2012 10:38 PM

<p>hmm, so anyone find the map and 2 halves? they must not glow or anything cause I ran through the whole zone without finding one <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Arweena69 11-03-2012 11:11 PM

<p>the 2 pieces are little dragon statues in the back of the room with fire and ice guys, the map is on the ground under the statue in the last named room of the solo instance of ST</p>

Reptilgubben 11-04-2012 03:29 AM

<p>i have finnished unexpected consequenses and fate's crusade</p><p>and i can't see rikantus in feerrott camp</p>

Gaarysal 11-04-2012 09:01 PM

<p>Is it possible to fix the Rikantus step on beta? or are we SOL till live? If it's too hard to fix would it be possible to permaspawn the npc visible to all on beta? The only reason I did Obol first is because the weapon racks were broken <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I'd hate to have spent 3+ hours on this questline just to get gated at the end here.</p>

Arweena69 11-05-2012 01:23 AM

<p>Looks like I've managed to bug my Templar on the step where she needs to talk to Erus Dal'viv in JW <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>My monk who has not completed the Obol quest lines can seem him fine but the Templar who has can't see him.</p>

aphf1d 11-05-2012 07:30 AM

<p>yeah, echoing others,  it would be nice to see Rikantus and to be able to continue.</p><p>I've just spent 12 hours on my day off doing the solo quest line so I could see what happens at the end and am stopped at Rikantus.  On Obol plains I'm stopped on the "Out of the fire"step.</p><p>I know it's beta and all, and the problem is occuring coz i didn't finish unintended consequences before I copied over...but you guys made the starter available knowing this.  Kinda bad form to block us now.</p><p>Xpac is looking aweseome by the way<img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

RogueSpideyChick 11-05-2012 10:28 AM

<p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Looks like I've managed to bug my Templar on the step where she needs to talk to Erus Dal'viv in JW <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p><p>My monk who has not completed the Obol quest lines can seem him fine but the Templar who has can't see him.</p></blockquote><p>i was bugged yesterday, deleted the drinal quests for odol plains that i had just started while i'd been waiting for the other quests in eidolon to be fixed, relogged & he was there. it was weird because the map showed he was there with the ?, tracking showed he was there, but i just couldn't see him. i relogged without deleting the quest, still a no show, deleted the quest, relogged again, poof, he was there.</p>

Arweena69 11-05-2012 02:27 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Looks like I've managed to bug my Templar on the step where she needs to talk to Erus Dal'viv in JW <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p><p>My monk who has not completed the Obol quest lines can seem him fine but the Templar who has can't see him.</p></blockquote><p>i was bugged yesterday, deleted the drinal quests for odol plains that i had just started while i'd been waiting for the other quests in eidolon to be fixed, relogged & he was there. it was weird because the map showed he was there with the ?, tracking showed he was there, but i just couldn't see him. i relogged without deleting the quest, still a no show, deleted the quest, relogged again, poof, he was there.</p></blockquote><p>Unfortunately deleteing the Obol quests is not an option for me as they are all completed <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.