EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   General Beta Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=5502)
-   -   why do my toons need to finish ToT to start the new expansion? (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=910226)

Castles 10-14-2016 12:55 AM

will everyone need to finish ToT story line to get the cookie crumb email to start the new quests when KA goes live?

Belenos 10-14-2016 01:30 AM

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Castles"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Castles said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6379915#post-6379915" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">will everyone need to finish ToT story line to get the cookie crumb email to start the new quests when KA goes live?</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Nope:<br /> <br /> <br /><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01"><div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Kander"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Kander said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6379916#post-6379916" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">We will no longer be requiring the Terrors of Thalumbra Signature quest line to start the Kunark Ascending quest lines. Changes should be in on beta ASAP.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div></span></span>

Xevran 10-14-2016 07:19 PM

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Wurm"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Wurm said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6380041#post-6380041" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Unfortunately they are removing the requirement, which from a story point makes no sense at all,</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>I haven't bought an expansion in a while, but I bought this and upon discovering that I had to do the ToT signature line I went and did it. I have no clue what any of the NPCs are talking about, a primordial menance? I guess that lady at the start of KA? I don't know who any of these NPCs are and I just felt lost the entire time. Having expansions rely upon each other in this way is completely ridiculous, I shouldn't have to play through AoM and ToT just to understand what these dumb NPCs are talking about. I bought this expansion because I was fairly impressed by the first two islands of AoM, not because I wanted to do homework before I can play the new content.<br /> <br />So far I turned some dwarf into a fairy and now I have a stone I need to keep safe from a giant blue lady. I'm completely lost, I have no idea what's going on.

Wurm 10-14-2016 08:37 PM

Unfortunately they are removing the requirement, which from a story point makes no sense at all,<br /> <br />I also think they should remove the whole starting quest line from those who either won't or can't do the TOT signature quests.<br /> <br />Just dump them in the middle of the new zones and let them go from there.<br /> <br />Mark my words, the next thing that will be removed is the epic 1.0 must be done requirement to update to Epic 2.0.

Kaitheel 10-14-2016 09:50 PM

I think you'll find this change helpful:<br /><ul><li>Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil - Starting this quest no longer requires "Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice"</li></ul>I don't know when this changes will be on Beta, but it should be included in the update notes at that time.<br /><br />~ Kaitheel

Wurm 10-15-2016 08:42 AM

The only problem with the requirement was for beta testers to be able to get quickly up to speed.<br /> <br />You say you bought the new expansion since you were impressed with the first two Islands of AoM, BUT you don't want to play AoM? Or you want to play AoM and ToT but only when it goes live and only want now to beta test the new content?<br /> <br />This I can understand.<br /> <br />You see I took a long break after DoF all the way up to the middle of EoF, so I understand what you mean about it being confusing trying to catch up, but what I did do was go back to DoF and PoF and finish up as much as I was capable of then I moved on to both KoS and Mara before going on to EoF content. But I didn't have your problem since the betas for everything I missed was all ready over.<br /> <br />You should look at buying the newest expansion as not only getting the new expansion but a ton of other content you can do as well.

Castles 10-15-2016 10:07 PM

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Kaitheel"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Kaitheel said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6380314#post-6380314" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I think you'll find this change helpful:<br /><ul><li>Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil - Starting this quest no longer requires "Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice"</li></ul>I don't know when this changes will be on Beta, but it should be included in the update notes at that time.<br /> <br /> <br />~ Kaitheel</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div> <br />i would have thought that the beta instant 100 token would gave a toon access to the new content. most players are 100 and have finished the ToT quest line with at least one toon per account; so the instant 100 is useless for most testers. my necro has not finished ToT, so my testing will be delayed until i get him leveled up. maybe on live it makes sense to not open that area until ToT is finished.

Katz 10-16-2016 01:16 PM

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Kaitheel"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Kaitheel said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6380314#post-6380314" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I think you'll find this change helpful:<br /><ul><li>Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil - Starting this quest no longer requires "Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice"</li></ul>I don't know when this changes will be on Beta, but it should be included in the update notes at that time.<br /> <br /> <br />~ Kaitheel</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Is there any way we can have the lore forum put back? If we had it someone could have explained what the story is and that poor guy up there would have been directed to the story in the lore forum.

Alenna 10-16-2016 05:22 PM

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="guard"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">guard said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6380854#post-6380854" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">i can understand removing the earlier sig quest's being needed to speed up testing but i do hope once it goes live they put it back in</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>I hope not and there is presedence for not doing so they did not require you to have finished the cobalt scar questline to go on to Tears of Veeshan and there was not problem with lore they just did a quick summery to the charaters using the sames quest giver that had not done that questline they can do the same here.

guard 10-16-2016 08:32 PM

i can understand removing the earlier sig quest's being needed to speed up testing but i do hope once it goes live they put it back in

Wurm 10-17-2016 09:37 AM

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Katz"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Katz said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6380899#post-6380899" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Is there any way we can have the lore forum put back? If we had it someone could have explained what the story is and that poor guy up there would have been directed to the story in the lore forum.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div> <br />That's what happens when a certain "community manager" thinks they know what's best for all of us and makes changes without asking the community if they think its a good idea or not.

Bardonio 10-17-2016 10:52 AM

What was a well thought out plan of action failed due to the assumptions made about the community. These days, and without taking a negative stance here, people want things faster and easier and really do not want to rely on their wits and brain power in order to achieve success in a video game. It's unfortunate that the ToT requirement is being removed. From the first day of this beta, people have succeeded with what was given to them. So many others did not want to put forth the effort so they complained and now beta has become easier. I love the challenge of quests, especially in new content. It's unfortunate that there can't be 2 versions of the game available to the community. The one intended for the thinkers, and the one made so easy a monkey can do it. And to the trolls who want to bash me for this post, your opinion does not matter to me because its JUST an opinion- just like this post. Bash away monkey's!

Feldon 10-17-2016 02:22 PM

-

Nkito 10-17-2016 02:33 PM

Or perhaps a lesser reward for fast trackers that skip prerequisites. Same could apply to epic 1.0 or anything else moving forward. I do agree the "challenge", if you can call it that, is enjoyable for some. I do also see that a shortened version appeals to many. I could support a 2 tier reward setup for lengthy quest lines like this.