EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   In Testing Feedback (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=748)
-   -   [Withered Lands] - Zone Bugs and Feedback (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=516093)

Cyliena 03-15-2012 12:24 PM

<p><strong>"The Skies are Not Safe!"</strong> - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.</p><p><strong>Pathing Issues</strong> - My mercenary is randomly aggroing on things not even close to me (Guardian one). Sometimes it's things that another player has pulled, even if that player isn't nearby. The merc and mob pathing is pretty bad.</p><p><strong>Zone walls</strong> - What's the point of letting me climb/leap/fly way up on the wall if you won't let me OVER it? The ceiling needs to be higher so we can pass over these instead of be forced down a winding path. (example spot: -2800, -511, -446)</p><p><strong>Withering Shrubs (harvest node)</strong> - These seem a bit difficult to interact with.</p><p><strong>Weather</strong> - It seems to rain very briefly quite often. Very sporadic. Intentional? (rain also carries over into some caves)</p><p><strong>More Pathing Issues</strong> - My mercenary disappears (gets lost in geometry maybe?) for a short while entering and leaving caves. Happened to me at the corrupted protector of growth cave at -1944, -597, -909.</p><p><strong>Sanctuary of Mourning</strong> - There are no NPCs here even though there's areas that appear set up for some.</p><p><strong>Tears of Tunare</strong> - Toxic Roots (harvest node) that are under the "water" here do not have their name above them and are difficult to find due to that.</p><p><strong>Achievements</strong> - There is no achievement for exploration nor for questing.</p><p><strong>Village of Alivan</strong> - guards aren't aggro but everything else is?</p><p><strong>Zone to Skyshrine</strong> - You run in midair to here.</p>

Gninja 03-15-2012 01:22 PM

<p><cite>Cyliena wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><strong>"The Skies are Not Safe!"</strong> - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- There might be a way to get rid of this through the questlines. There is a reason the skies aren't safe. Have you spotted it yet?</span></p><p><strong>Pathing Issues</strong> - My mercenary is randomly aggroing on things not even close to me (Guardian one). Sometimes it's things that another player has pulled, even if that player isn't nearby. The merc and mob pathing is pretty bad.</p><p><strong>More Pathing Issues</strong> - My mercenary disappears (gets lost in geometry maybe?) for a short while entering and leaving caves. Happened to me at the corrupted protector of growth cave at -1944, -597, -909.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- We will continue to loook at these. We agree its a bit off currently.</span></p><p><strong>Weather</strong> - It seems to rain very briefly quite often. Very sporadic. Intentional? (rain also carries over into some caves)</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- See comment about "Skies not being safe" these are linked and there is a way to get rid of it.</span></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>Sanctuary of Mourning</strong> - There are no NPCs here even though there's areas that appear set up for some.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- If you notice that area is dying... It is not as green as the other "safe" areas. There may be a way to help with this through quests. But I will look at adding some corpses or something to the area to make it less empty before having done the quests.</span></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>Achievements</strong> - There is no achievement for exploration nor for questing.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- Achievements have not be completed yet. I will be working on these over the coming weeks. Keep an eye on patch notes!</span></p></blockquote><p>Few replies above.</p>

Cyliena 03-15-2012 01:34 PM

<p><cite>Gninja wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cyliena wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><strong>"The Skies are Not Safe!"</strong> - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- There might be a way to get rid of this through the questlines. There is a reason the skies aren't safe. Have you spotted it yet?</span></p><p><strong>Weather</strong> - It seems to rain very briefly quite often. Very sporadic. Intentional? (rain also carries over into some caves)</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- See comment about "Skies not being safe" these are linked and there is a way to get rid of it.</span></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>Sanctuary of Mourning</strong> - There are no NPCs here even though there's areas that appear set up for some.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- If you notice that area is dying... It is not as green as the other "safe" areas. There may be a way to help with this through quests. But I will look at adding some corpses or something to the area to make it less empty before having done the quests.</span></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>Achievements</strong> - There is no achievement for exploration nor for questing.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- Achievements have not be completed yet. I will be working on these over the coming weeks. Keep an eye on patch notes!</span></p></blockquote><p>Few replies above.</p></blockquote><p>Ah okay, I haven't done the quests yet, exploring currently. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /> Glad there may be a way to address the weather/sky not safe/sanctuary of mourning. And yes, at one point while hanging out on the zone wall trying to leap over I thought I saw a dragon flying around. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" /> I assume that's what makes it not safe.</p><p>Out of curiousity, is there a reason that we're helping droag after only ever slaughtering every single one that's stepped near us before? Dragons or not I can't recall us ever liking the Droag.</p>

Mynda 03-15-2012 01:39 PM

<p>"Preserving the Flank" This is the quest where you have to cure the 5 meats after Porto Bunglefoot gives you the items to craft with. I had one failure while doing this and came up short on high quality salt. Not quite sure why, I have 1 left in my bags and the recipe calls for 2 of these, I received 10 at the beginning of the quest, I should have none in my bags at this point. However, my problem is that I didn't get anything in return when I had my failure and am now unable to finish the quest.</p><p>I've spoken with the quest giver and she just tells me to return when I finish (or some such thing) and I've looked for fuels in the vicinity around her to see if there are ground spawns, but I can't find any and I can't seem to find a vendor to sell me the salt.</p><p>Am I missing a vendor to buy the salt from?</p>

Cronyn 03-15-2012 01:52 PM

<p>What else is aggro in the Village?  The only things that should be are the elementals and the stormwings.  The villagers aren't trying to run you out of town, are they?</p><p>These droag have a different story... but don't worry, I'm sure you'll find plenty of droags to stab later on.  <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Cyliena 03-15-2012 02:11 PM

<p><cite>Cronyn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>What else is aggro in the Village?  The only things that should be are the elementals and the stormwings.  The villagers aren't trying to run you out of town, are they?</p><p>These droag have a different story... but don't worry, I'm sure you'll find plenty of droags to stab later on.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>It's the elementals and stormwings, just seems odd to see orange mobs but friendly guards so close. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /> So no, the villagers are fine!</p><p>Good, I haven't run a Droag through with a sword in about a week, getting a bit blood-thirsty!</p><p>Since you're looking here Cronyn... I know that the new sig quest on live servers ends up telling about the "New Combine Empire" or whatever, but those of us that can't access that quest walk into Withered Lands going "ehhh??". Any chance of sneaking in a book before GU63 goes live about what in the world is going on here, or maybe with GU63 explaining what happened to create the New Combine?</p><hr /><p><strong>Merchants/Banker/Broker</strong> - Not seeing any of these in Withered Lands. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /> (only found a mender)</p><p><strong>Combine Guards</strong> - Can't ask guards in the New Combine Foothold for directions.</p>

Cronyn 03-15-2012 02:14 PM

<p><cite>Cyliena wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Since you're looking here Cronyn... I know that the new sig quest on live servers ends up telling about the "New Combine Empire" or whatever, but those of us that can't access that quest walk into Withered Lands going "ehhh??". Any chance of sneaking in a book before GU63 goes live about what in the world is going on here, or maybe with GU63 explaining what happened to create the New Combine?</p></blockquote><p>Yes, actually - I'm going to put in a hand off quest that is given when you take the bird here (on the Thurgadin docks).  He/she will explain a little about what's going on up in the Withered Lands and bring players up to speed a little bit, then had off to the quest NPC that starts the storyline thread for the zone.</p><p>Expect it next week, I think.  <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Cyliena 03-15-2012 02:15 PM

<p><cite>Cronyn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cyliena wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Since you're looking here Cronyn... I know that the new sig quest on live servers ends up telling about the "New Combine Empire" or whatever, but those of us that can't access that quest walk into Withered Lands going "ehhh??". Any chance of sneaking in a book before GU63 goes live about what in the world is going on here, or maybe with GU63 explaining what happened to create the New Combine?</p></blockquote><p>Yes, actually - I'm going to put in a hand off quest that is given when you take the bird here (on the Thurgadin docks).  He/she will explain a little about what's going on up in the Withered Lands and bring players up to speed a little bit, then had off to the quest NPC that starts the storyline thread for the zone.</p><p>Expect it next week, I think.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Thank you, it's really appreciated!! <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Cronyn 03-15-2012 02:22 PM

<p><cite>Cyliena wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><hr /><p><strong>Merchants/Banker/Broker</strong> - Not seeing any of these in Withered Lands. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /> (only found a mender)</p><p><strong>Combine Guards</strong> - Can't ask guards in the New Combine Foothold for directions.</p></blockquote><p>We'll get some in promptly - there were some concerns with the population assets in the New Combine Camp especially, and we were waiting on a separate cave to be placed nearby for things like broker and banker (and the tradeskill guys, too).  It's there now, so we'll get those guys added in.</p><p>Alivan though, was an oversight.  That was my fault, sorry.  <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Cyliena 03-15-2012 02:23 PM

<p><cite>Cronyn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cyliena wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><hr /><p><strong>Merchants/Banker/Broker</strong> - Not seeing any of these in Withered Lands. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /> (only found a mender)</p><p><strong>Combine Guards</strong> - Can't ask guards in the New Combine Foothold for directions.</p></blockquote><p>We'll get some in promptly - there were some concerns with the population assets in the New Combine Camp especially, and we were waiting on a separate cave to be placed nearby for things like broker and banker (and the tradeskill guys, too).  It's there now, so we'll get those guys added in.</p><p>Alivan though, was an oversight.  That was my fault, sorry.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Ahh, I was wondering what the point of that cave was, it seemed very random. Thanks!</p>

Barx 03-15-2012 05:31 PM

<p><cite>Gninja wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cyliena wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><strong>"The Skies are Not Safe!"</strong> - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">- There might be a way to get rid of this through the questlines. There is a reason the skies aren't safe. Have you spotted it yet?</span></p></blockquote><p>Few replies above.</p></blockquote><p>Sure there's a reason... but it's still UNBELIVABLY annoying to zone in, fly allong happily only to hit the region where this applies and drop waaay down to your death.</p><p>IMO needs to be an invisible barrier (at least at high-altitutde) around the regions so that you don't simply stumble into it and die. Once the skies are safe, have the barrier go away with the dismount volume.</p>

Barx 03-15-2012 05:33 PM

<p>Another issue: When I died to the skies being unsafe, I revived at one of the outposts (Mourning, I think it was? I filed a /bug report with the correct name, but have since logged out).</p><p>The problem was it revived me inside invisible wall around the stone thing, so there was no way of getting out. Need to move the spot it revives you outside of that nasty invisible wall (or even better, just get rid of those annoying invisible walls).</p>

Gninja 03-15-2012 05:42 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Another issue: When I died to the skies being unsafe, I revived at one of the outposts (Mourning, I think it was? I filed a /bug report with the correct name, but have since logged out).</p><p>The problem was it revived me inside invisible wall around the stone thing, so there was no way of getting out. Need to move the spot it revives you outside of that nasty invisible wall (or even better, just get rid of those annoying invisible walls).</p></blockquote><p>Fixing this. Thanks for the heads up!</p>

Soresha 03-15-2012 05:47 PM

<p>Thorncreep is a 93^^ Heroic and I took him out easily with my level 90 fury in Ry'Gorr gear. Fun little fight with the adds spawning, but I'm not sure if it should be that easy, He doesn't hit that hard, and I could burn him down not much slower than the average trash mob in Mourning Lands. Had 2 adds up when he died.</p><p>EDIT:</p><p>Jenluk the Vigiliant was also a very easy kill for a 93^^ boss, went down even quicker. I remember having much more trouble with the equivalent overland named mobs when I started DoV. This character isn't in raid gear or anything too uber.</p><p>As for The Skies are not Safe! debuff - I'm going to risk getting flamed and say I LIKE the start of the zone not being so easy to fly around. Why should everything be easy? It shouldn't.</p><p>You can still fly, I stay fairly low. If I get knocked down I just glide along the ground for awhile until it's "safe" to fly again (debuf wears off). I like this idea, it's part of the story.</p><p>I have started the quests and seen mention of the dragon not letting anyone into the sky, and a hint that this needs resolving. Sounds like fun to me. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p>

Jrel 03-15-2012 06:26 PM

<p><span style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; color: #00ccff;"><span ><strong>Can't find a merchant at New Combine Camp.  Haven't tried finding a banker or broker yet.</strong> </span></span></p>

Cronyn 03-15-2012 06:28 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; color: #00ccff;"><span><strong>Can't find a merchant at New Combine Camp.  Haven't tried finding a banker or broker yet.</strong> </span></span></p></blockquote><p>That was actually answered above, but I'll touch on it here, too.</p><p>There were some concerns with NPC population in the New Combine Camp, so we haven't put them in just yet.  However, the cave we needed to help with some of the issues is in now, so we'll get those added in shortly.</p><p>Thanks for the heads up, though.</p>

Geothe 03-15-2012 06:41 PM

<p>Withered lands doesnt appear to be forming new instances.Lag is insane on test copy at the moment.</p>

Cronyn 03-15-2012 06:41 PM

<p>... yipes.  I'll look into that.  Thank you!</p>

Soresha 03-15-2012 06:55 PM

<p>Minor zone art bug:</p><p>I can see a break in the terrain, a jagged line on the ground running roughly East-West at -3029, -759, -138 in Withered Lands.</p>

Soresha 03-15-2012 07:44 PM

<p>Named mob loot in Withered Lands:</p><p>Why are the drops from Jenluk and Thorncreep flagged Hierloom? The equivalent in Great Divide/Eastern Wastes was all tradable. If you get something you can't use, even on an alt (or like me you don't have a load of alts!), why not be able to sell it or give to a guild mate?</p>

Enica 03-15-2012 08:15 PM

<p><cite>Soresha wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>As for The Skies are not Safe! debuff - I'm going to risk getting flamed and say I LIKE the start of the zone not being so easy to fly around. Why should everything be easy? It shouldn't.</p><p>You can still fly, I stay fairly low. If I get knocked down I just glide along the ground for awhile until it's "safe" to fly again (debuf wears off). I like this idea, it's part of the story.</p><p>I have started the quests and seen mention of the dragon not letting anyone into the sky, and a hint that this needs resolving. Sounds like fun to me. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>I'm with you here. I kind of like it also. And I had a pretty good idea who was causing it the minute I zoned it. I'm still sore from that druid ring about 500 years ago, and I need some payback.</p>

Soresha 03-15-2012 09:31 PM

<p>The rain, fog, lighting and sound effects at the start of Withered Lands are cutting in and out very abruptly. Compared to in Freeport where it's a much smoother transition. Now I know the dragon is causing it intermittantly, but I think it still needs to have a bit of a fade in/out time.</p>

Ilyra 03-15-2012 11:11 PM

<p>The horse travel system in the zone is horribly slow. It makes me miss the lengthy scenic tours of Odus because even with a less-than-direct path, it was still much quicker. Is there a way to speed it up a little? Or make some flying towers, at least?</p>

Cronyn 03-16-2012 12:19 AM

<p>Heads up - I put merchants in the zone.  There's a food and general merchant in the Combine Camp, a banker, broker, and wholesaler in the cave near the camp, and a collector that's part of the Deepwater Circle.  I put a Supplier in the Combine Carvan (to buy and such), and another general merchant in Alivan.</p><p>Let me know if you see anything glaring that's missing.  These will miss the patch tomorrow, but should be in the one following that.  <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Mermut 03-16-2012 03:34 AM

<p>Potential major issue with the 'can't fly here until you do a questline'... there are tradeskill quests at the back of the zone and you can't use the transport until you've been there.Has anybody test to make sure that a high level crafter/low level adventure can get and do the tradeskill quests without getting flattened? One of the great stengths of EQ2 is that tradeskilling and adventuring levels are not linked. All past tradeskill quests in high level zones have been doable by low level adventures. Please check to be sure this is still the case.</p>

Alenna 03-16-2012 03:58 AM

<p><cite>Mermut wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Potential major issue with the 'can't fly here until you do a questline'... there are tradeskill quests at the back of the zone and you can't use the transport until you've been there.Has anybody test to make sure that a high level crafter/low level adventure can get and do the tradeskill quests without getting flattened? One of the great stengths of EQ2 is that tradeskilling and adventuring levels are not linked. All past tradeskill quests in high level zones have been doable by low level adventures. Please check to be sure this is still the case.</p></blockquote><p>I was going to but my low level adventuer/sage did not get copied over will create a new toon and just buff her tradeskill I guess,</p>

Landiin 03-16-2012 04:01 AM

I flew all the way to the Alivan with out getting agro. You just have to keep your eyes open. An untimely "Skys are not save" would be bad but hey, that is part of the fun.

Terrogaunt 03-16-2012 05:41 AM

<p><cite>Soresha wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The rain, fog, lighting and sound effects at the start of Withered Lands are cutting in and out very abruptly. Compared to in Freeport where it's a much smoother transition. Now I know the dragon is causing it intermittantly, but I think it still needs to have a bit of a fade in/out time.</p></blockquote><p>Freeport handles its rain very differently, since that actually seems to be built into the zone. We're playing deity here for the first time and controlling the weather. (Kind of fitting since we can turn on the lightning to strike the evil pose there) We'll do our best to tweak it to be a smooth, fun effect but do keep in mind that it is more "by hand" in this situation as opposed to Freeport. Thanks for the input!</p><p>-Terrogaunt</p>

Jrel 03-16-2012 12:54 PM

<p><cite>Cronyn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Heads up - I put merchants in the zone.  There's a food and general merchant in the Combine Camp, a banker, broker, and wholesaler in the cave near the camp, and a collector that's part of the Deepwater Circle.  I put a Supplier in the Combine Carvan (to buy and such), and another general merchant in Alivan.</p><p>Let me know if you see anything glaring that's missing.  These will miss the patch tomorrow, but should be in the one following that.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Cronyn,</p><p>  I appreciate the very quick feedback on these posts.  Very awesome!</p>

Jrel 03-16-2012 12:58 PM

<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The horse travel system in the zone is horribly slow. It makes me miss the lengthy scenic tours of Odus because even with a less-than-direct path, it was still much quicker. Is there a way to speed it up a little? Or make some flying towers, at least?</p></blockquote><p>I didn't think it was that bad.  I think Greater (or is it Lower) Faydark's mounted travel is really slow too, so the mounted travel in the new zone seems about the same to me.  I hurtled past a flying toon in a few seconds so it seemed pretty quick in that respect.</p>


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.