PDA

View Full Version : Does it really matter what weapon we use?

Wannabepaladin
02-20-2006, 02:47 AM
<div>I have been wondering lately if a weapon with a higher damage rating is actually worth much. Seems like the vast majority of the damage I use is from my spells anyhow, in which case the best weapon I have is the one that gives me extra mana--my screaming mace. (I don't have priasmatic, as lame as that may make me seem).</div><div> </div><div>But surely, someone out there has actually run some parsers, and knows this information?</div>

Jam
02-20-2006, 05:29 AM
<div></div>I still use SM just because of the mana proc too.

emr
02-20-2006, 08:29 AM
<div></div>I have both SM and prismatic.  I never use prismatic when solo or in a group.   I will use prismatic on a few raids were the AOE requires to all but MT to stay clear.  I often use SM when solo.   SM, a good shield and full defensive I can beat all most any blues by just wearing them down.   I think I will always use SM as long as I can hit with it.I do use the highest damage rating weapon I got for most situation including raids (especailly since with the nerf coming in update 20 SOE does not want us as tank or puller)<p>Message Edited by emras on <span class="date_text">02-19-2006</span><span class="time_text">07:31 PM</span></p>

Landaros
02-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I always use imbued scimitars since they are the fastest one handed slash weapon so I got a better proc per time ratio.<div></div>

CoLD MeTaL
02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
<div></div><p>Depends on level</p><p>Mammoth can't be beat for 30s</p><p>goes up from there.</p><p>since our dps is so low, you can say, no it doesn't really matter.</p><p> </p>

-Xande
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM
<div></div><p>If I am soloing, I typically use my 2-handed sword (Captain Everlings ever-shifting Vouge).  When I am in raids (which is every night) I use my Prismatic 2.0 for the power regen.  When I tank, I use my sword of sorrow. </p><p>I guess my answer would be "yes," it does matter which weapon you use.  The solo weapon is great when coupled with my offensive stance.  My raid and tank weapons have fantastic regen and defense when coupled with my defensive stance.</p><p>Xavian</p><p>Level 60 Paladin</p><p>Hands of Time      Blackburrow</p>

Nimington
02-21-2006, 02:22 AM
<div></div><blockquote><hr>Landaros wrote:I always use imbued scimitars since they are the fastest one handed slash weapon so I got a better proc per time ratio.<div></div><hr></blockquote><font color="#9933ff">Proc rates are normalized.  It dosen't appear so in the text but a 5% proc rate on a slow weapon actually procs more per swing then on a fast weapon.  Is supposed to even out the number of procs over any given period of time.</font>

Guiddian
02-21-2006, 10:02 AM
<div>that may be the case with the proc off the weapon itself. but a few logs parsed shows our 2 buff procs go on pure percentage of succesful swings and combat arts. it could just be coincidence (?spelling) but it appeared to be real close to 8% of total succesful attacks using a 2.7 second 2hander and a 1.4 1 hander. the one hander procced about twice as many buff procs as the 2 hander in about the same time with about double the total hits due to the shorter swing time. however the procs from the weapon itself were about even with both weapons</div>

Brigh
02-22-2006, 02:23 AM
- Combat arts will no longer be more likely to trigger a proc if you are using a slow delay weapon. These weapons will still retain a slightly greater chance of triggering a proc on auto-attack, but combat arts will no longer proc more or less often based on the delay of a weapon.

CrimsonValerian
02-22-2006, 04:13 AM
<div></div>I change up depending on the mob, skellies-hammer, orcs-hammer, humans -sword, sometimes increases the damage by around 40 points or so per swing depending on the mob, every bit helps to finish that fight sooner, soloing at level 59 was pure      h e l l