PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Lee vs. Heather Graham

Lemli Wak
01-27-2005, 03:55 AM
<DIV>I need to preface this post by saying two things: </DIV> <DIV>1. I love this game!</DIV> <DIV>2. I could have easily posted this on another board, but I can't find one that just covers general discussion. If anyone knows of one, please let me know. Henceforth, I promise not to burden you with this rhetoric. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As a pally, I obviously make my home in Qeynos. But I thought it would be interesting to see how the other half lives so I developed an alt and made him (*touches pinky to lower lip*) evil - but more on Austin Powers in a bit. There really is no comparison between the two cities, but after spending just a few moments in Freeport, I can see why the citizens there refer to Qeynos as Disneyland. Mt. Doom had a cozier feel - but more on Lord of the Rings in a bit. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Besides the ghetto-like atmosphere and the malevolent nature of its inhabitants, there is one other notable difference that needs to be mentioned here: its leaders. I'm not talking about their game personas, but the actors who play them. For those of you that weren't aware of it, our own Antonia Bayle is played by the lovely and talented Heather Graham (think Felicity Shagwell from The Spy Who Shagged Me). Lucan D'Lere is portrayed by the not-so-lovely but hugely talented Christopher Lee (think Saruman from LOR). </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As you well know, when you become a citizen, you receive a commerative coin. If you examine it, you hear your respective leader give a little speech on what it means to be part of their cities. Have you heard the Freeport coin? Lee gives a stirring speech that reminds one of his performance in LOR, with that distinct tone that commands your attention and respect. I was almost ready to delete my pally and set up permanent residence in the slums, er Freeport. D'Lere also warns of the price of betrayal and it immediately quashed my plans to defect to Qeynos, which I had intented to do at lvl 15. He had me shakin in my Journeyman Boots. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Heather, on the other hand, doesn't really have the chutzpah to pull off the role. Her speech has more of a "we're having a slumber party and you're all invited" tone. Ok, that's a bad analogy. Now you're all picturing a pillow fight with Heather in her jammies...focus, people, focus! I think a better choice might've been Kate Beckinsale. Or Cate Blanchett. Or Kate Winslet for that matter. Hell, anyone named Kate with an English accent. Don't get me wrong, Heather is still in the top 3 of people I'd like to be marooned on the Isle of Refuge with but...</DIV>

Kriterian
01-27-2005, 05:32 AM
<DIV>What struck me as funny is that the statue of Lucan D'Lere that you get with the collectors edition looks like Sauron but sounds like Saruman. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I also agree with you on Heather Graham not sounding very Queen-like, she sounds more like the spoiled princess type. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>PS: I don't picture pillowfights when I hear her voice, I picture Roller-girl kicking the crap out of some kid that disrepected her, hehe.</DIV>

Sgleor
01-27-2005, 06:44 AM
<DIV>in her jammies? i rather rem her in killing me softly XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD~~~~~~~ </DIV>

Lemli Wak
01-28-2005, 12:08 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Sgleoreo wrote:<BR> <DIV>in her jammies? i rather rem her in killing me softly XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD~~~~~~~ </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Hehe - was trying to keep it clean. Your mileage may vary. Haven't seen Killing Me Softly, but will have to rent it now...</FONT></DIV>

Frostborne
01-28-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm hoping if I do enough writ quests, there will be some OTHER reward waiting for me in Queen Antonica's castle - and no I'm not talking 50 cp's!<p>Message Edited by Frostborne on <span class=date_text>01-28-2005</span> <span class=time_text>10:01 AM</span>