PDA

View Full Version : Smite Prayer Folbar'd?

gsxdarkk
01-26-2005, 10:47 AM
<DIV>bah.. never can get these boards to work right for me.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyways Smite Prayer seems to be bugged.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Skill:  Determined Faith</DIV> <DIV>Required:  180</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I am a lvl 35 Pally and I still can not use this combat spell because I only have a max of only 175 available to me for Determined Faith.  I checked with another lvl 35 Pally and his says the same thing.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I did report it as a bug.  Nice to be given a spell so early on in our levels, and we can not even use it till much later.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anybody else notice this, or got a bandaid fix for raising Determined Faith up?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Darki
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
It was a bug that you got it at level 23/24. They fixed it so that it now requires the correct minimum skill to use, IE level 36, but they did not take the skill away from people that had gotten it already so that any upgrades they had used on it would not be lost.

borblefo
01-26-2005, 03:01 PM
<DIV>And they did a very poor job of communicating exactly what they did too. I have a post in the spells section about it if you care to search for it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Darki
01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Funny, when I read the patch notes I knew exactly what they did.

prisoner
01-26-2005, 04:18 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Darkith wrote:<BR>It was a bug that you got it at level 23/24. They fixed it so that it now requires the correct minimum skill to use, IE level 36, but they did not take the skill away from people that had gotten it already so that any upgrades they had used on it would not be lost.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I guess I should /bug that then,  cause I had the adept 1 of the skill,  but when they changed the minimum skill to use it,  it became apprentice 1 again.

Darki
01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I'd petiton it. I had Smite Prayer App IV and it remained App IV when the patch went in and I leveled to 36.

Matheos
01-27-2005, 11:01 PM
<DIV>Off topic,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Being from the UK I am interested to know what Folbar'd means.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I have heard of the 1940's expression [Removed for Content]  (messed up beyond all recognition) used by WWII GI's but never Folbar, what's the acronym stand for?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thx</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Matheos</DIV> <DIV>26 Paladin - Oggok</DIV>

borblefo
01-28-2005, 09:05 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Darkith wrote:<BR>Funny, when I read the patch notes I knew exactly what they did.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Its nice to know you either follow the paladin board discussions closely or are Physchic as  here is what the patch message said.</P> <DIV>L36 Smite Prayer: Corrected the skill required from 115 to 180.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>No mention that the spell would no longer be awarded at level 23 and awarded at level 36 instead</DIV> <DIV>No mention that this was fixing a bug in the game that was awarding the spell to Paladins at level 23 instead of level 36</DIV> <DIV>No mention that for those who already got the spell that it would remain in your spell book, though unuseable, and that there should be no adverse affects for dinging 36 with it in your spell book already.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Now from the time of realsease until the fix paladins got smite prayer at level 23. The only reason I was aware that  most likely this meant they were changing the spell level was becuase I happened to follow the paladin disucssions about us getting two identical spells back to back. If you hadn't been following that I would find it very unlikely you would have known thats what they meant.</DIV>

Darki
01-28-2005, 12:42 PM
It had been that way since before release. We had to deal with the smite prayer bug in beta as well.Yes, I [Removed for Content] the Paladin forums soaking up every little bit of info I can, but I think understanding the patch message has nothing to do with that.All you need to know is that you get 1 skill point for every 20% of experience you have attained, or 5 skill points for each level you have attained. Simple math will tell you that you now have to be level 36 in order to have a high enough Determined Faith to use Smite Prayer.180 / 5 = 36