PDA

View Full Version : Pally Adept drops: Blinding Light, et al...

Lemli Wak
01-25-2005, 03:09 AM
<DIV>I once saw Blinding Light Adept1 being sold by the broker but didn't buy it. Really wish I had now, since I haven't seen it since. I've seen drops for Oath Strike, Blazing Faith and InFlame - all of which I have - but never BL. Has anyone seen this drop? I wonder if there just aren't enough level 20+ crafters for it to be readily available from the broker? </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Lemli - Pally on Mistmoore</DIV>

Dude420
01-25-2005, 03:24 AM
I saw this spell drop last night while hunting Giants at the Thundering Steppes. Not sure which Giant type though. Too bad I already had it.

Oxboy5
01-25-2005, 05:21 AM
<DIV>I am level 30 and group frequently all over Norrath, resulting in plenty of chest drops.  I have NEVER seen an adept spell drop that a paladin could use.  I've always had to shell out the 10sp to 1gp for the adept I've wanted.</DIV>

Kriterian
01-25-2005, 05:28 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Lemli Waker wrote:<BR> <DIV>I once saw Blinding Light Adept1 being sold by the broker but didn't buy it. Really wish I had now, since I haven't seen it since. I've seen drops for Oath Strike, Blazing Faith and InFlame - all of which I have - but never BL. Has anyone seen this drop? I wonder if there just aren't enough level 20+ crafters for it to be readily available from the broker? </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Lemli - Pally on Mistmoore</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Alchemists are very plentiful on all the servers, but they can't craft Adept I's. They can make you an Adept III version but that requires a rare metal from Thundering Steppes or Nektulos. The problem is that folks usually aren't willing to pay a high price for the Adept III of a spell, and alchemists don't have a choice because of the price that people charge for the rares. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Alot of the fighter adepts (including paladins of course) are very rare, or are just scooped up immediately as soon as they're sold. I know I check every night before setting up my merchant, and I have adept I's in just about everything except the taunts. Taunts are the main ability of all fighter classes and will be rarer than most because every one wants them. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My advice would be to level up a crafter, even on your paladin, and make your own spells. Once you start getting money or finding rares you'll have yourself outfitted in Adept III's in no time. Everynow and then you get folks that have no idea what a rare harvest is and they put them up for a few silver.</DIV>

Lemli Wak
01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
<DIV>Thanks Krit - yeah, my pally is actually level 10 artisan so I'll get him moving again toward alchemist. I can make spells for my alts as well. I think I knew that about crafters and what they could or could not make. I guess I should be looking for Ap IV spells from Alchemists in the meantime. Thanks again. </DIV>

Talinthor
01-25-2005, 10:47 PM
<DIV>Blinding Light Adept I dropped for me last night from a reverent soldier (skellie) in the dry riverbed in TS. The skellies are not too far from Thundermist Village.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Tal</DIV>

Platfing
01-25-2005, 10:54 PM
<DIV>Little tip...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Try the fence broker.  Guess how much demand there is for pally upgrades in Freeport (and the evils are getting them as well).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Fenra Fairheart (Butcherblock)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Karlen
01-25-2005, 11:00 PM
I often find Pally/Crusader Adepts on the fence for a lot cheaper than on the Qeynos broker. I bought a Demonstration of Faith Adept 1 a couple of weeks ago for 41s on the fence, while the broker wanted over 1g.

Lemli Wak
01-25-2005, 11:49 PM
<DIV>Where is the fence broker in Qeynos?</DIV>

Karlen
01-26-2005, 01:14 AM
<blockquote><hr>Lemli Waker wrote:<DIV>Where is the fence broker in Qeynos?</DIV><hr></blockquote>Find the regular broker in Qeynos Harbor. Jump into the water in the canal next to him and swim towards the harbour. You will go under a bridge. While you are under the bridge, look to the right and you will see a hole in the wall -- swim through that. You will come out in a little room where the fence is located.It might be best to practice swimming up and down before trying this. I drowned the first time I went looking for it as you have to go some distance underwater.

Lemli Wak
01-26-2005, 01:29 AM
<DIV>Nice info here Zotar.  I'll have to grp with a healer and get EB for the swim. Much thanks...</DIV><p>Message Edited by Lemli Waker on <span class=date_text>01-25-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:43 PM</span>

hieronym
01-26-2005, 06:37 PM
<DIV>a little swimming tip.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>just after you go into the tunnel from either side swim up, you can surface under the boards and breathe then swim to the hole and through.</DIV>

SanJ
01-26-2005, 07:22 PM
<DIV>Lemli,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>You don't need the "breathe" to make the trip.  An easy way to find Fence is to jump in the water behind the "city merchant" in QH.  When you hit the water, turn 180 degrees and swim down, the hole or crack in the wall is about half way under the tunnel.  At any rate, as previously stated, if your swimming for whatever reason was horrible, you could surface in the tunnel.  I can swim the full distance and have 80 percent of my breath left, so no worries.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The blackmarket broker is 40% commission instead of the Qeynos 20% ... FYI</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks,</DIV> <DIV>Kalen</DIV><p>Message Edited by SanJun on <span class=date_text>01-26-2005</span> <span class=time_text>09:22 AM</span>

Lemli Wak
01-26-2005, 10:37 PM
<DIV>Thanks for the additional info, Kalen. I'll give it a try this evening. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As far as the broker's commision being higher, I was hoping that the difference in actual item price would be significant enough to make the additional 20% negligible. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks again bro. </DIV> <DIV>Lem</DIV>

Lemli Wak
01-27-2005, 08:24 PM
<DIV>Went and found the fence broker last night and you were right, Kalen, didn't need EB. Saw someone dive in and followed them through. On a sadder note, I thought I was buying Blinding Light for 6S but I was actually browsing all spells instead of just the Pallys - had it set to search from grey to red - and bought Binding Light. Doh! There were no Blinding Light to be found and I checked all night. Guess I'll keep checking, level up my artisan skills and hope for a drop. </DIV>