View Full Version : The trouble with mmorpgs...

Lemli Wak
01-12-2005, 12:20 AM
<DIV>. . . is that everyone is invited. You are going to run into the inevitable [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] down life's road, so it should come as no surprise that they turn up in mmorpgs. This is cruel irony though in that many of us play the game as a means to escape the daily grind and forget about the guy who cut us off on the freeway. What we didn't know was that guy cut us off to get home to play EQ2. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is my first venture into this genre and I must say it's been fantastic thusfar. I obviously don't have anything to compare it to but I think SOE has done an outstanding job in delivering a complex and immersive world in EQ2. 90% of the people I've met have been great and I've made some good friends here. IMHO, its shortcoming is its inability  to filter out the other 10%. Short of a psyche eval for everyone who buys the game (I can see the guy at Game Stop holding up ink blots prior to every sale) this is a wildly unrealistic request. But if it's all the same I'll continue to dream of a day when I can hit my "[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] eject" button and watch said [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] go flying in to the stratosphere. *Brings smile to face* :smileyhappy:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>For those of you that are among the 90%, thanks for the help and the kind words and for helping to restore my faith in the human animal. Good journeys to you! </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Lemli LVL 27 Pally of Mistmoore</DIV> <DIV>Divine Guardians</DIV>