PDA

View Full Version : Something bugging me...

gromn
01-10-2005, 06:02 AM
I love my paladin but for some reason I am bugging out. For my first time in 28 levels of playing I can't enjoy myself because of a level 10 training! So tell me honestly, are all the new crusader trainings on existing timers or could i have picked the AoE taunt and gotten a second AoE taunt on a different timer? The irony is i picked Theron's Call which doesn't even give me the stamina bonus it says it does! Believe me i created a ticket right away...Nonetheless my fears are still there. Did I miss out on a much needed upgrade to my AoE taunt repetoire?

Kerri
01-10-2005, 10:38 AM
The training options REPLACE existing abilities. If you wanted to get a better AE taunt, and picked the AE taunt, you have a better AE taunt, but you can't use the new AE taunt AND the old one. You're still a better AE taunter, though.

Darki
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
I took the AE Taunt thinking it would be sweet to be able to have two AE Taunts, what I got was an upgrade to shout which is worthless to me since I have been using Blinding Light for 10 levels. =/

prisoner
01-10-2005, 02:13 PM
<DIV>Yeah I took it too heh.  I didn't think that it would be on the same timer for some reason,  mainly cause I wasn't thinking ;p The problem is,  I think they are meant to be used for the chunk of 10 levels we get them.  We were supposed to have got them at 10 to use them for 10-19(22 or 23 actually is when we get a new AE taunt..I think).  It WOULD have been a nice upgrade over shout for those levels,  but now its just worthless cause of our new AE tant upgrades.  However,  they are supposed to be of adept II quality,  so if you only have app2 or 3 or adept 1 of the others,  this one may not be too shabby.  /shrug only more testing will find out for sure. </DIV>

Darki
01-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Yes, I to realized that is how it was supposed to work. So my level 10 and level 20 powers are pretty much worthless to me. I took the Blessed Aid upgrade for my level 30 power. If I knew it was going to be on the same timer I would have picked something else as my Blessed Aid is already Adept 3. At lest it looks like the heal will be better than my Adept 3 Blessed Aid in a few levels as it gets mastered at level 40, where as Blessed Aid is mastered at level 33.

gromn
01-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Ok I am actually feeling a lot better now, thank you. True we really didn't get that much at the 10 and 20 levels, but we also really didn't miss out on anything. If you are a level 10 crusader you get a nice taunt upgrade, and if you are a 2.x paladin well you already have blinding light, inflame, and divine inspiration.