PDA

View Full Version : What Adept would you choose?

SunT
01-10-2005, 02:02 AM
I have 2 Suzuri Ink in the bank. My Crusader is 14 atm.I plan to solo him or duo with a Shammy almost exclusively.My question is, what would you choose for the first two adept3?I use Demonstration of Faith constantly atm. I am thinking about making it my first. And I was thinking about using the second ink for some DD attack art. Little offense and a little defense.What I dont want to do is to use the ink on a skill that is replaced by an advanced training and or a new art right down the road. If you were to choose two for a fledgling crusader who wants to solo and duo only, what would be you choices that for 10 - 19 combat arts/spells?

AricLokar
01-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Closer to 20 Deomonstration of Faith does hardly no help. At 22 you get your heal which is much more useful. I only use Demo if I need that extra split second to get a heal off, IE I have already healed and still waiting for the ability to be able to recast. Grouped with a shammie your Demonst... would do nothing compared to his wards. Personally I would probably pick the buff you get and maybe Faithful Swing. I did use DoF quite a bit from my early teens to my mid teens. Around 17 though the mobs hit so hard with unmitigated damage that DoF is hardly up for more than a few seconds, if not just one hit.Of Course since I have no Adept IIIs I can't really tell you how any of them work.

hylozoist
01-10-2005, 02:48 AM
<DIV>I'd probably save them for Shammy spells, instead.  Demonstration of faith is useful but after level 22, you will find the heal more useful.  Further, I can't think of any of the damage spells that make any substantial impact, because none of them are high damage.</DIV>

Karlen
01-10-2005, 03:43 AM
<blockquote><hr>AricLokar wrote:Closer to 20 Deomonstration of Faith does hardly no help. At 22 you get your heal which is much more useful. I only use Demo if I need that extra split second to get a heal off, IE I have already healed and still waiting for the ability to be able to recast. Grouped with a shammie your Demonst... would do nothing compared to his wards. Personally I would probably pick the buff you get and maybe Faithful Swing. I did use DoF quite a bit from my early teens to my mid teens. Around 17 though the mobs hit so hard with unmitigated damage that DoF is hardly up for more than a few seconds, if not just one hit.Of Course since I have no Adept IIIs I can't really tell you how any of them work.<hr></blockquote>I don't know about that. I am 23 and have DoF Adept 1. It stops about 240 points of damage (compared with 190 with AppIII). If I am fighting anything that is white or yellow, I always use DoF, at least for the first half of the fight. By the time it falls, I can usually recast it, leaving me lots of health. Maybe it becomes less useful later, but it is very useful now.Until I upgraded it though, it was starting to wear a little thin, coming down pretty quickly. I'm thinking of upgrading it to Adept 3 (along with my heal).

AricLokar
01-11-2005, 12:17 AM
I have the adept I version of DoF, I just don't find it as useful. When soloing I normally target Green ^^ group mobs (the lowest green possible). When they do hit it is very low and with damage avoidance so high on those you hardly get hit at all. I do use DoF like I said to give me that extra second needed for my heal to come back up, it has saved me before so it is not completly useless but I don't know that I get enough use out of it to upgrade it to Adept III. To each their own though everyone has a bit different of a playstyle.

Karlen
01-11-2005, 12:49 AM
<blockquote><hr>AricLokar wrote:I have the adept I version of DoF, I just don't find it as useful. When soloing I normally target Green ^^ group mobs (the lowest green possible). When they do hit it is very low and with damage avoidance so high on those you hardly get hit at all. I do use DoF like I said to give me that extra second needed for my heal to come back up, it has saved me before so it is not completly useless but I don't know that I get enough use out of it to upgrade it to Adept III. To each their own though everyone has a bit different of a playstyle.<hr></blockquote>I don't turn my DoF on unless I am getting hit. I usually fight whites and yellows -- its marginally useful against whites and definately against yellows. If nothing else, when using it against whites, I don't need to be very careful -- sometimes if I am being lazy (or watching TV), I'll just pop DoF regularly and leave myself in autoattack mode.I use DoF a lot in groups. If I am tanking, I'll DoF myself to keep the pressure down on the healer (if we have a healer). If I am not tanking, I'll DoF the mob so it will protect whoever is being hit -- especially useful if the tank loses aggro.I also use DoF on whoever is pulling -- usually the mage. This gives him protection in case it takes too long to get the aggro off.

Tomodac
01-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Assuming the ink you mentioned is of the pre-L20 variety...I'd upgrade Intervene or Toughness to Adept III.I don't believe they have caps listed to their effectiveness,and while Toughness does eventually grey out, I still use it on named pulls.Prior to getting your AE taunt (mid-20's) and self-heal, focuse on getting the skills to Adept III that'll you'll never out-grow. (I think redemption comes in the early 20's and rescue is around L25).After those I think it's largely influenced by your play style. I personally avoid bringing offensive abilities to adept III because: 1. I'm never chosen to join a group for my DPS anyway. 2. Attacks seem to obsolete much quicker than other abilities.Something else to consider, research what class traits you can choose from when hitting L10, L20, L30, etc. If you're going to pick the trait form oflay on hands, or shout, etc... don't upgrade the normal ability to adept IIIas well.

paladinwa
01-11-2005, 01:58 AM
<DIV>I am interested in this question as well. I have one silver cluster (makes Suzuri ink) and want to know what to upgrade to Adept III.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Note that Blessed Aid requires a different ink, so we cannot upgrade that. It seems that the only choices (for the ink) that I know of are: DoF, Cry of Conviction, Righteous Blow, Righteous Anger, Blessed Wpn, Knights stance, charge.</DIV> <DIV>(I dont know what book has Faithful Swing)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>More suggestions from more experience paladins would be most appreciated. (I am lvl 21 Pally)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Tomodac
01-11-2005, 02:14 AM
<blockquote><hr>paladinwayy wrote:<DIV>I am interested in this question as well. I have one silver cluster (makes Suzuri ink) and want to know what to upgrade to Adept III.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Note that Blessed Aid requires a different ink, so we cannot upgrade that. It seems that the only choices (for the ink) that I know of are: DoF, Cry of Conviction, Righteous Blow, Righteous Anger, Blessed Wpn, Knights stance, charge.</DIV><DIV>(I dont know what book has Faithful Swing)</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>More suggestions from more experience paladins would be most appreciated. (I am lvl 21 Pally)</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><hr></blockquote>Don't pick any of the AE's... they obsolete quickly and completely.Of the others, I think I used Charge to longest.Please read my previous post though, I think you'll find you have several sub-L20 defensive abilities you can upgrade that have no skill cap on them (which you'll be using forever).I haven't found a list of what obsoletes what yet, but it's a safe bet that nothing (except, perhaps the new class trait abilities) without amaximum skill rating is subsequently obsoleted. You can make a guess at when other abilities are obsoleted by looking at eq2.ogaming.com(it's down atm though).

Spiritkill
01-11-2005, 11:30 AM
<DIV>If it was me, I would definitly take Knights stance. I know you say you solo or duo, but if you adept 3 your defensive, you and your Shammy friend may be able to take on a bit more tougher mobs than without adept 3. Charge would also be a good choice aswell as it will last you the longest besides Intervene which is still white at 34.</DIV>

SunT
01-11-2005, 08:44 PM
<DIV>Thanks for all the advice.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I took Adept 3 DoF for the first one.  At 14 app 1 took 94 absorbtion, Adept 3 took 164.  Big move for that level.  I have been solo'n Blue stags and ^^ gnolls with little down time and am gaining a solo level every couple hours.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I am thinking about either Charge or the Faithful swing?  the one that give a heal back...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>How long does that one last? Do you think it is worth it?</DIV> <DIV>  </DIV>