PDA

View Full Version : Pick upgrade to lay on hands as training skill - A MUST

Cloudcr
01-09-2005, 08:51 PM
<DIV>Don't pick anything else as upgrade at level 30. The reason? Virtious touch is the only upgrade to lay on hands and maxes out at level 44.Training skill ipgrade to lay on hands maxes out at level 40 BUT can cast it every 15 mins!. NO brainer. I picked upgrade to blessed aid and now realize that was mistake. At level 39 it only heals 50 hps more than devout aid and costs about 18 power less. Not worth it over long run. Plus at level 50 you get another upgrade to blessed aid (devout aid).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My level 30 training skill maxes out at 40 so assuming all level 30 upgrades also max at out 40.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Cloudcrak on <span class=date_text>01-09-2005</span> <span class=time_text>07:55 AM</span>

hylozoist
01-10-2005, 03:01 AM
<DIV>I also took the blessed aid upgrade, but I don't regret it yet, although I'm only a 35 paladin.  I use it constantly, and still use Virtuous Touch only in emergencies, and only one time was it not up when I needed it.  On the other hand, I heal myself quite often both in groups and solo.  I suppose your choice depends on your playstyle.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you can manage to properly time the Virtuous Touch, it probably becomes very useful; but I just can't see remembering to use it every 15 minutes in a group, and even while solo or duo, I will usually just burn a penitent essence and the virtuous touch and have them back available should I face another tough critter.</DIV>

Spiritkill
01-10-2005, 10:07 AM
<DIV>I took the lay hands upgrade and have zero regrets, its fantastic. I get a larger heal AND half the time to recast? No brainer.</DIV>

Ma
01-10-2005, 12:28 PM
<DIV>Yeah, i got the LoH upgrade as well, the only thing bugging me is im conflicted many times if i should use the LoH upgrade which heals around 400 on the 15 min timer or the Virtous touch which heals 750 on a 30 min timer.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But i have No regrets, im glad i chose the LoH upgrade.</DIV>

Spiritkill
01-10-2005, 10:27 PM
<DIV>You sure you only get a 400 heal from the LoH upgrade? I usually get off a heal around 800 from it.</DIV>

Tomodac
01-11-2005, 02:01 AM
I took the Blessing of the Penitent upgrade.Undecided at this point.At L35 it adds 80 or so hit points (about 30more than I was getting with Blessing of the Penitent), and a further 200 to divine resist.The normal blessing had not resist component to it.My indecision comes from the lack of an upgradeto it's defensive proc rate. An Adept I or Adept III version of Blessing of the Penitenthas a mad proc'ing rate, while the upgraded traitversion seems no greater than the App II Blessing of the Penitent I was using previously.As for LoH... I guess I rarely use Virtuous Touch, certainly not more often than it pops. Perhaps I would ifit were on a much quicker timer though. Of course,having Adept III Penitent Sacrament and Blessed Aidhas something to do with it as well.

Seomon
01-11-2005, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><hr>Spiritkiller wrote:<DIV>You sure you only get a 400 heal from the LoH upgrade? I usually get off a heal around 800 from it.</div><hr></blockquote>I get a heal around 800 too. Don't know what that guy's smoking.

Bladezil
01-11-2005, 12:03 PM
<DIV>I am about 20% from hitting level 30 and facing "the choice". I see everyone is happy with the LoH update.. but the Blessed Aid upgrade lessons the cost of mana.. making it a terrific heal spell I can see myself using much later in the game. Granted I am only level 29, but I only use LoH in emergency situations and that is far and few inbetween. I don't really think it would make a huge difference if it's on a 15 minute timer or a 30 minute timer.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So, my general dillema is.. will the Blessed Aid upgrade be useless later on because the better heals will just blow it out of the water? Or will it stay useful for those times when mana is lacking and you can only fire off a couple of heals?</DIV>

Dyvan
01-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Hmm.At 43 Virtuous Touch Adept 1 heals for over 1000. Devout Aid Adept 1 heals for around 530. (You get this spell at 36.6, Pious Aid is the level 50 heal) Devout Sacrament Apprentice IV heals for around 1000 also.I don't even bother with Blessed Aid and I doubt you will either.In my opinion the best level 30 upgrade is Caswon's. I even use it now. Around 150HP and 200 Divine Resist seems to be the best of the 3.Edit :. You also get a LoH upgrade at 48, Divine Touch.<p>Message Edited by Dyvanos on <span class=date_text>01-11-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:22 AM</span>

Ma
01-11-2005, 06:20 PM
<DIV>Im prolly smoking some of the stuff that makes you so [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] rude!</DIV>