PDA

View Full Version : Horse changes

Disaster20
01-06-2005, 11:41 PM
<DIV>Finally! Looks like in addition to the hoof sounds they have sped up the leg speed of our horses. No more slow motion legs!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I have to say, this is a huge improvement.</DIV>

Till
01-07-2005, 01:15 AM
<DIV>This change is totally unfair to other classes and needs to be removed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Paladin is lucky enough to get a horse.. they dont need SOW too.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nerf the speed increase on the horse.</DIV>

thehunterhunt
01-07-2005, 01:28 AM
<DIV>They sped up the LEG ANIMATION SPEED of the horse, not the actual run speed.</DIV>

Historios
01-07-2005, 01:32 AM
<DIV>Hopefully they fixed the graphics glitch so that when I'm in 3rd person the top of my saddle stops sticking out of the middle of my back</DIV>

Valdak
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
<DIV>My goodness Till, did you even check this out before you start screaming nerf?</DIV>

robar
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
<DIV>Now they just have to make it so we can grab a mate and let him jump on as well for a double across the fields to battle.</DIV>

MeridianR
01-07-2005, 01:47 AM
<blockquote><hr>robaroo wrote:<DIV>Now they just have to make it so we can grab a mate and let him jump on as well for a double across the fields to battle.</DIV><hr></blockquote>/whineOMG NO you can't do this, please nerf it nerf it nerf it.It isn't fair to the other classes out there, first you get a horse.Then that horse runs faster then anything in the game, plus it jumps through zones to the magical fairy land where plat grows on the trees.Tress I might add that are only able to be reached by being on the Holy Steed....So you are faster, better looking, richer, and all around better then all classess.NERF TEH [email protected]!1 11<p>Message Edited by MeridianR on <span class=date_text>01-06-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:47 PM</span>

RioR
01-07-2005, 02:08 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Tilloy wrote:<BR> <DIV>This change is totally unfair to other classes and needs to be removed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Paladin is lucky enough to get a horse.. they dont need SOW too.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nerf the speed increase on the horse.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> The biggest mistake you can ever make is to wish another class to be nerfed. Cause one day the nerf stick will hit your class. You most likely will not like the outcome. Instead ask for something to postively help out your own class.

Seomon
01-07-2005, 02:31 AM
<DIV>I just wish they had fixed the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] spam messages.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And the horses hooves clicking when you jump is kinda... weird.</DIV>

DemosEye
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> MeridianR wrote:<BR><BR>So you are faster, better looking, richer, and all around better then all classess.<BR><BR> <P>  <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P>You forgot all the female templars we pick up...:smileytongue:</P> <P>Bit anyway, whilst you're in first person the whole up and down movement is a bit odd, like you're sitting on a carousel or something.<BR></P>

Michealt
01-07-2005, 09:03 PM
<DIV>how are people coming on our board [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing about our class.  If you don't like it, you can learn to love it.  Devs said they are not changing the horse BOTTOM LINE..........   So just delete your [Removed for Content] little character and make a palidan.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>STORMDOOR</DIV>

Illyakuran
01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
<DIV>Loving having a horse!</DIV> <DIV>After spending 3 hours riding around Antonica last night finishing off or redoing quests the clippty-clop of the hoofs was starting to get a little annoying though. But i guess that's what the speaker volume is for.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I have also seen a couple mid-20's level of non-paladins/sk riding around on the 3pp horse in TS.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Burs
01-07-2005, 09:54 PM
<DIV>TBH I'd wished they'd left the horse sounds as they were pre-patch. They sound absolutely dreadful, and there is very little to link the sound with the type of ground the horse is running over.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It would probably sound better if they just recorded a guy with two halves of a coconut. At least that would have comedy value rather than the irritating sound we currently have to endure.</DIV>

Gilasil
01-07-2005, 11:20 PM
<DIV>There's room for improvement but it's definately a step in the right direction.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It's VERY rare I see a horse in real life so I don't know how realistic the clip clopping sound is but I'm pretty sure that horses make SOME sort of noise.  So it's a step in the right direction.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I don't know about you the sound definately reflects the kind of ground I'm running over.   Maybe the leg animation speed could stand a twitch up.  Whatever.  No biggie.  If you can't stand the sound just turn off your speakers.  sheesh.</DIV>

Blacktemplar
01-08-2005, 01:35 AM
<DIV>The sounds are an improvment but my horse seems slower than before, I would out run my group then have to hold up for them, not now. Anyone else notice this or is it my imagination, and if so am, i'm looking for a reason to get angry and go to WOW?</DIV><p>Message Edited by Blacktemplar33 on <span class=date_text>01-07-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:35 PM</span>

Mephist
01-08-2005, 01:47 AM
I think the horse sounds are a step in the right direction also however I can see myself eventually turning the sound down when I ride. HEHEHE. After all its a horse not a magic carpet, we are fortunate not to have to feed or even clean up after it.

Lemli Wak
01-08-2005, 04:06 AM
<DIV>I disagree that this is an improvement. The horse and rider seem jerky now. Before, although somewhat unrealistic, it made the pally seem as though he were gliding along and gave the illusion as though he were moving faster. I'm pretty sure it's moving at the same speed as I still overtake normal runners on foot, but the animation makes him look like a novice rider. Just MHO. </DIV>

Alger
01-08-2005, 04:21 AM
<DIV>Well, if you want to look at it as a nerf... before the patch we all had Bionic Horses :smileytongue:</DIV>

Graven_Rockbit
01-09-2005, 08:04 PM
<DIV>speed of the Pally horse is a constant sprint speed+Free J Boots </DIV> <DIV><BR>Test the speed of the horse with a Gnome Wizard in Free J Boots and he was keeping up side by side until his power pool ran out! </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I want a better horse, but I will take what I get for now... just wish I could buy an adept or app scroll and it would increase the horse speed or If I clicked on Sprint the horse would start to gallop faster... </DIV>

gridlock
01-10-2005, 01:22 PM
<DIV>From my observations the horse runs slower while engaged in an encounter.  I can't outrun anything, its like sluggishly slow until the encounter breaks, then I notice a jump in speed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I can still trot faster then most mobs if I'm not in a battle... but as far as getting away when a battle isn't going my way.. I just can't seem to do it after the patch.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyone else notice this?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

prisoner
01-10-2005, 02:07 PM
<DIV>All speed increase buffs, (yes the horse is a buff) are turned off during combat,  thus moving slower.  If you need to run away,  you have to /yell to break the encounter.  Then everything returns to as if it were non-combat.  Regen rates and run speed buffs then increase to normal.  </DIV>

Hroga
01-12-2005, 12:11 AM
<DIV>@ Gridlock</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This may answer your question (it helped me...):  <A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=10&message.id=2597" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=10&message.id=2597</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

JanuHu
01-12-2005, 01:07 AM
<DIV>A guildmate of mine recently bought a misty mustang and we did some side by side racing.  Her horse blew the doors off my old nag.  Looks like as a counter for the exceptionally low price of our mounts, we're a little slower than the buyables.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <DIV>As far as the animation/sound improvements, I offer massive thanks.  I would like to point out there's still one inconsistency left.  When our horses jump, the hoof step sounds don't cut off.   A minor nitpick, to be sure, but one I thought I should point out for correction at some juncture.  </DIV></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Note:  I'm NOT complaining, I'm VERY happy with the horse I have and wouldn't trade it for a free ghoulbane.  I just wanted to point out that in the very long run, we're getting what we pay for.</DIV>

JanuHu
01-12-2005, 01:09 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> gridlock wrote:<BR> <DIV>From my observations the horse runs slower while engaged in an encounter.  I can't outrun anything, its like sluggishly slow until the encounter breaks, then I notice a jump in speed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I can still trot faster then most mobs if I'm not in a battle... but as far as getting away when a battle isn't going my way.. I just can't seem to do it after the patch.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyone else notice this?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> The horse does slow down at normal speeds during combat, but sprinting breaks that and puts him back to normal sprint speed.

JanuHu
01-12-2005, 01:11 AM
<DIV>One more thing. In an ad hoc test, I ran my horse at normal speed next to a character who had just cast SoW.   I edged him out over the long run from the Antonica Gate to Tower 2 in TS.  Not a lot, but I was able to creep ahead.</DIV>