PDA

View Full Version : Found some T3 rares... which spell to get?

Dad
01-05-2005, 10:52 AM
<DIV>Heyas!  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I mined some Tier 3 rares, palladium and jasper.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'm level 24 with very good gear and average level spells.  </DIV> <DIV><BR>What spells should (or should I?) try to upgrade to Adept 3?  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I dont want to upgrade just to have the spell become obsolete in 2 or 3 levels.  Also, if there is a great spell coming up for me that would be better to have at A3, I can bank it.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks for the help guys!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>--Dador</DIV>

HeraklesMolt
01-05-2005, 11:22 PM
<DIV>Any sort of Taunt.  I think an AE taunt is preferable.  Blinding Light comes to mind.</DIV>

Spirit
01-06-2005, 12:03 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> HeraklesMolten wrote:<BR> <DIV>Any sort of Taunt.  I think an AE taunt is preferable.  Blinding Light comes to mind.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>I agree here, but your playstyle might be a deciding factor. If you primarily group, definately taunts. If you primarily solo, I'd go for Blessed Aid.</P> <P>You might also want to wait it out a week or so especially if you solo. There's new solo content coming in The Big Patch (TM), and that may also influence your choice.</P>

Karlen
01-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I've been looking for some rares to get my blessed aid upgraded. But my primary reason is that I find myself as the group healer more often than not.... Upgrading my ward is pretty tempting too, but that requires a tier II rare.

Aenari
01-06-2005, 03:42 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Zotar99 wrote:<BR>I've been looking for some rares to get my blessed aid upgraded. But my primary reason is that I find myself as the group healer more often than not.... Upgrading my ward is pretty tempting too, but that requires a tier II rare.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>If you're well into your 20's I'd wait to upgrade the next ward (Faithful Zeal) rather than DoF.</DIV>

Karlen
01-06-2005, 06:25 AM
The new ward uses a lot more power than the old one, doesn't it?

Dad
01-06-2005, 06:43 AM
<DIV>Fellas,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks for the replies so far.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I primarily solo.  I have grouped quite a bit, but rarely have to get into higher level tactics due to the pick up nature of my groups.  Generally, I more knowledgeable about group tactics than they are; therefore I end up using fairly basic tactics. When things go bad, it usually happens so quick that there is little chance of saving it.  I'm usually the last one standing before the swan song...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So, I'm leaning toward something that would help me in a solo capacity.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If new solo content is coming in the patch, wouldn't that lead me more to a solo type spell?  Or, am I missing the point?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>--Dador </DIV>

Aenari
01-06-2005, 11:18 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Zotar99 wrote:<BR>The new ward uses a lot more power than the old one, doesn't it?<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>I wouldn't say a LOT more power, but naturally if something's better, it will cost you more power.  If you're looking at Apprentice 1 Faithful Zeal versus Adept 1 Demonstration of Faith or some such then the higher spell won't look so nice, but after you bring them up to par and then combine the spell performance boost with levelling, it's better bang for the buck.</P> <P>As for which is a better solo spell choice, it's debatable as one heals damage while one prevents it.  Some argue the ward absorbs before AC mitigation kicks in, but that's awfully difficult to really conclude without vast numerical testing!</P>

klav
01-06-2005, 10:46 PM
<DIV>I am pretty sure the ward takes dmg before ac and mitigation kicks in,  there are plenty of times when ill cast FZ  and in one hit it absorbs around 300dmg,  drops the ill end up taking 10dmg or so.  The mob must be hitting for like 700 for my AC and mitigation to knock a 400dmg hit down to 10.  I am going to get blessed aid adept 3 just because its way more handy than an adept 3 taunt.  I dont have any trouble keeping aggro,  I start with a nuke to pull , my taunt then aoe taunt,  Divine inspiration ,  FZ comes up,  group wisdom buff,  plessing of the penitent then when call to arms comes back up cast that.  Heals and taunts every so often and it drives the mob crazy. Oath strike when you can because that adds to your dmg a lot.  uses lots of power but if your drinking good drink and have a chanter in group then you can still chain pull cause of how much you regen.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

avand
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
<DIV>the best spell in T3 to upgrade to adept3 is faithful zeal, hands down.</DIV> <DIV>At adept3 is has the same power cost as blessed aid ( both on ad3 ), but holds off dmg for about 100 points more and <STRONG>AND</STRONG> it is cast much faster.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>With the use of this skill you will be able to solo green ++ again.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Besides this is very handy when your group fights red ++ encounters, as it adds up to the hate, keeps you or anyone beaten on alive much longer.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Generally speaking any taunt is second rating for me, as their effectiveness is greatly limited. Most of the time even multiple tauntings wont get the attention you want. Dishing out one ward after the other will get the attention sooner or later though. Especially combined with additionally taunting. Plus, it will keep everyone alive.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is my single most useful spell, I have it up non stop usually. Before any hard pull, during any combat and it enables me to solo powerfully. Meaning green ++ enc or orange-red solo encounters without losing a bubble of health.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Of course, no skill will make up for bad equipment.</DIV>

avand
01-06-2005, 11:08 PM
<DIV>apart from that : </DIV> <DIV>As soon as the recipe for Smite Prayer is added I would ALWAYS choose this AE taunt over blind light.</DIV> <DIV>smite prayer has a built in divine dmg debuff. ... Most of our attacks are based on divine dmg. Meaning, you will do more dmg, as your spells will get resisted less.</DIV>