PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else noticed this?

Dwergux
01-03-2005, 12:56 PM
<DIV>Yesterday I was playing in TS (being a lev 22 paladin at that time). I got aggro of a green ++ undead farmer and figured what the...I'll give it a shot. I could rather easily solo him.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>When I dinged 23 and could wear my AQ5 leggings I figured they ought to be easier so I tried to kill some more, but every time I had to flee from combat as I was beaten to pulp. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>How come mobs of the same level seem to get harder when you level instead of easier?</DIV>

Ixiter
01-03-2005, 01:04 PM
The greens you were soloing earlier were level 19. For whatever reason, when mobs <20 go green, they are practically unable to hit you. It makes no sense.

MeridianR
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
<blockquote><hr>Ixiterra wrote:The greens you were soloing earlier were level 19. For whatever reason, when mobs <20 go green, they are practically unable to hit you. It makes no sense.<hr></blockquote>I agree with this, I was leveling from 20-21 last night and soloing L18 ++ Rotcrows outside TS near the griffon station.Other then my power going down, they were not touching me at all.My AC @ L20 was around 1039 with Knights Stance running, but I was not running DoF at all.

Thematr
01-03-2005, 07:12 PM
<DIV>The Answer: Lvl 20 is a special level for Players and Monsters. Recall there was a patch awhile back that stated something along the lines of "players and monsters level 20 and above were given a significant increase in performance", therefore once you hit 20, you get a huge boost in ability compared to any other level advance, the same is true for monsters, this makes lvl 20 a breeze to solo 18^^'s and even 19^^'s with the right eq/spell ad/app's and lvl 21 is nice as well, but as soon as your targets are 20 or above they fight back much harder, don't expect to kill the higher level green ^^'s as a paladin with much ease after that.</DIV>

Deltree_c
01-03-2005, 08:59 PM
<DIV>I noticed this too. And in fact I griped a lot about it. Hehe.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>However, last night I was taking on drowned footsoldiers solo for a quest solo.  I thought they were gray++ to me at 26, but I got jumped by two green++. And I lived to tell the tale.  Sure, it took a while to kill them, but aside from a stray crushing blow they couldn't touch me.  I'm not quite sure what changed over the past week (I finished AQ6 at 24, and couldn't take green++ then), so maybe it kinda smoothes out toward 30.</DIV>

Oxboy5
01-03-2005, 10:16 PM
<DIV>I solo quite a bit (currently lvl 26) and use this rough gauge when attempting to take on green ^^ group mobs:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>4 levels below me = OK</DIV> <DIV>3 levels below me = tough fight, might need to LoH or run</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So at 26, if I spot a level 22 green ^^ group mob, I'll take a crack at it with maybe 80% chance of an easy fight.  If LoH is up or I don't mind running, I'll chance a level 23.  This not 100% foolproof, just my experience.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

AricLokar
01-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Alot of times it just depends on the mob too. Also there is some kind of wierd things going on with some classes and mobs. <a href=http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&message.id=95072#M95072 target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&message.id=95072#M95072</a><blockquote><hr>There are no race/class penalties, nor is there an XP bug. You're seeing the effects of a bonus system that I will explain in greater detail after I return to the office next week. Sorry for being vague, but it's a rather involved system and I want to go over it with the mechanics team before I post about it.===========================MoorgardEverQuest II Community Guy <hr></blockquote>

Cloudcr
01-03-2005, 11:35 PM
<DIV>First, don't just look at the color of the mob. If you are level 22, you might see a green mob that is level 18, but also a green mob that is level 19. The first time around you were probably fighting a level 18 green mob (if you were 22), When you leveled you tried to attack a level 19 mob. The reason why at level 18 you could easily win against a green mob (likely green mob four levels below you) is that you were probably very close to being level 23. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>When fighting green ^^, the only reason you win is because the green mob misses ALOT. Whether it misses or not is based on your defense (and parry) skills. If you just leveled to level 22, then you defense skill is 110 (i think it is 110 at start of level 22). Towards the end of level 22, your defense will be 114 (80% to level 23). That additional +4 to defense is what makes the green mob miss you ALOT, and the reason why you can win at the end of your level, but at the start of a level you get beat up easily. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Armor has VERY VERY little to do with winning against green ^^ mobs. </DIV><p>Message Edited by Cloudcrak on <span class=date_text>01-03-2005</span> <span class=time_text>10:37 AM</span>

Illyakuran
01-04-2005, 01:53 AM
<DIV>Ran into the same thing myself.</DIV> <DIV>I was soloing green level 19^^ mobs when I was 22 and not having any problems doing it. Then I dinged level 23 and tried the green level 20 ^^ mobs and got trashed. Dinged 24 and still cannot take the level 20^^ mobs.</DIV> <DIV>As another responded pointed out it looks like the creatures also get a serious increase in strength at level 20.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Burs
01-04-2005, 02:00 AM
<DIV>At 26 I can solo green lvl 23 ^^ mobs without any trouble, however, if I move up to lvl24 blue mobs, I get my [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] handed to me. That extra level really makes a difference.</DIV>

Dwergux
01-04-2005, 04:57 AM
<blockquote><hr>Ixiterra wrote:The greens you were soloing earlier were level 19. For whatever reason, when mobs <20 go green, they are practically unable to hit you. It makes no sense.<hr></blockquote> Thanks, I've tried some more of those famrers near the first tower in TS and now took their level into account. The level 19's were easy to solo. (Taking on a ^^ or 2 ^ or a group of 3 or 4 could be easily done)