PDA

View Full Version : Missing Beta Reward

Annarosa
10-29-2018, 04:47 AM
I had 2 toons go through the Beta crafting timeline. When I returned to the live server there was only one (Kristhoph sp?) mount reward, not two.<br />My toon Annarosa went to the Beta server and her name was changed to Annarosax. She is still Annarosa on the<br />the live server. Could that be the reason there was no mount reward for her? How do I correct this so Annarosa<br />gets a mount reward for doing the Beta Crafting Timeline? I did petition and received a message that they could not deal with Beta issues.<br />Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XustinuS
10-29-2018, 10:18 AM
how do we claim beta rewards? I have completed adventure sig line on beta but dunno how to claim them on live server?

Celan
10-29-2018, 01:01 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Annarosa"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Annarosa said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6526674#post-6526674" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I had 2 toons go through the Beta crafting timeline. When I returned to the live server there was only one (Kristhoph sp?) mount reward, not two.<br />My toon Annarosa went to the Beta server and her name was changed to Annarosax. She is still Annarosa on the<br />the live server. Could that be the reason there was no mount reward for her? How do I correct this so Annarosa<br />gets a mount reward for doing the Beta Crafting Timeline? I did petition and received a message that they could not deal with Beta issues.<br />Any help would be greatly appreciated.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Usually the reason for the "x" at the end of a name indicates that the name already exists on the server. For example Bob from AB copies his toon over, there is no Bob named char yet on beta, so his toon will be named Bob on beta.<br />Then Bob from IoR decides to copy his char to beta and try it out. But now there is already a char named Bob on the beta server and two with the same name isn't possible, so Bob from IoR will find his char named Bobx on beta. But it is still a 1:1 copy to his Bob on IoR and has no effect on getting rewards for doing something or not.<br />Now imagine that Bob from MD copies his toon over as well. But the name Bob is already taken, as is Bobx. So Bob from MD will end up with his toon on Beta being named Bobxx.<br /> <br />This "x-ing" also takes effect if the same player is copies the same character to beta more than once, without deleting the beta toon on beta first. For example, Bob from AB decides to try beta and does a /copy which will create a toon named Bob for him (assuming there isn't another Bob yet). Now he suddenly remembers that he didn't take his Hammer of Doom with him when copying, so runs to his bank, equips it and does another /copy. Now, since he didn't delete Bob on beta before doing the 2nd /copy, his toon on Beta will be named Bobx, Bob will be overwritten by it and magically disappear.<br /> <br />So far rewards from beta are not tied to a specific character on live, so no matter whether the player used his toon Bob or Bobx or Paul or Mery to do the quests on beta, he could still claim the reward on live for Rosemarie, as long as Rosemarie is on the same account.<br /> <br />Unfortunately I can not know what happened that you didn't get a reward, I could only wildly guess, e.g. maybe you accidently didn't really finish the TS questline on Annarosa the first time around, then did another /copy and the Annarosa on beta got overwritten with your Annarosax on who you started the TS line anew and when you finished you got the mount.<br />Maybe take a look at the StaffPost Tracker (top of the Forum) and check who of the devs is doing the Tradeskill stuff and send out a private message about your issue. This is just a guess though, I neither know if there can be done anything about it nor if this way would get you any result.

Celan
10-29-2018, 01:18 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="XustinuS"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">XustinuS said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6526686#post-6526686" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">how do we claim beta rewards? I have completed adventure sig line on beta but dunno how to claim them on live server?</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>To claim a reward from beta on live, on a toon on live you do /claim, then change the drop down list on the top from "All items" to "beta rewards", choose your reward from what you can see there and hit the claim button at the bottom right.<br /> <br />Be aware though. There is <b>NO reward on live for completing the adventure signature line on beta</b>, so if this is all you did so far, you won't find anything to claim from Chaos Descending beta there.<br />There is a so called <b>Quest Beta Reward </b>which you can earn by<b> finishing the achievement called "Vanquishing the Chaos Descending".</b> You can check what is needed for it by (on beta) opening your Achievements --> Quests --> Chaos Descending.<b></b>