PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty Tokens

Optimist
10-25-2018, 11:21 AM
What benefit do these give you on beta, if all characters get wiped until the next beta?

Dude
10-25-2018, 12:46 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Optimist"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Optimist said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6526096#post-6526096" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">What benefit do these give you on beta, if all characters get wiped until the next beta?</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Let me first say that I'm not sure how this works for beta, but you should be able to see for yourself. Loyalty tokens are account wide, so earning them on the beta server should be a benefit to you on your home server. To test this out, do the daily loyalty quest on beta and see if the tokens show up in the currency tab of your characters on your home server. If they are there, that's your answer. If they are not there, then doing the daily quest on beta serves no purpose.

Xianthia
10-25-2018, 12:58 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Dude"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Dude said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6526101#post-6526101" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Let me first say that I'm not sure how this works for beta, but you should be able to see for yourself. Loyalty tokens are account wide, so earning them on the beta server should be a benefit to you on your home server. To test this out, do the daily loyalty quest on beta and see if the tokens show up in the currency tab of your characters on your home server. If they are there, that's your answer. If they are not there, then doing the daily quest on beta serves no purpose.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Ooh ooh I have some input for this! Doing the daily objectives on live/test servers is different than doing on beta.<br /> <br />Using my daily experience as an example : I complete daily objectives on test/live depending on my mood. I then log into beta, new daily objectives are there with a <i>very different</i> loyalty token total. I then proceed to do the Daily Objectives and the total goes up in beta, but doesn't on live. I've done it the other way around too, just in case. No change on the token pools.<br /> <br />That is different than it has been in prior betas. Each year the beta mechanics seem to be getting tweaked, this probably is one of those.<br /> <br />Even with this in place, I would hesitate to use any loyalty tokens on beta. After all it will get wiped at some point.

Cyrrena
10-29-2018, 08:08 AM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Xianthia"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Xianthia said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6526102#post-6526102" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Ooh ooh I have some input for this! Doing the daily objectives on live/test servers is different than doing on beta.<br /> <br />Using my daily experience as an example : I complete daily objectives on test/live depending on my mood. I then log into beta, new daily objectives are there with a <i>very different</i> loyalty token total. I then proceed to do the Daily Objectives and the total goes up in beta, but doesn't on live. I've done it the other way around too, just in case. No change on the token pools.<br /> <br />That is different than it has been in prior betas. Each year the beta mechanics seem to be getting tweaked, this probably is one of those.<br /> <br />Even with this in place, I would hesitate to use any loyalty tokens on beta. After all it will get wiped at some point.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>I have not even seen loyalty merchants in beta and the shopping cart is not available so no idea how to spend them, not that I would. And I have not seen my daily objectives or tokens change on live with completion of them on Beta.