PDA

View Full Version : Help Appreciated: How To Start The Expansion

Haff
10-17-2018, 05:34 AM
Hi all, I'm brand new to EQII. Have pre-ordered the expansion, and am looking at jumping into the beta to get a feel for things. <br /> <br />Unfortunately, I'm a little lost on how to get to the new zone. Upon making a boosted 100 trial character from the beta login screen, I ended up at the travel Spire plane with no explanation of what to do or where to go. I've read <a href="https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/welcome-to-the-chaos-descending-beta.586713/" class="internalLink">this dev post</a> about how to get started, but besides getting the equipment bags, that merchant didn't have a 110 beta buff. <br /> <br />The post also mentioned heading to the expansion starter zone to get that buff. Looking at the travel map, I see the Library, but I don't meet the requirements. I can't post questions in general chat because I'm a brand new F2P account, and apparently I can't use the broker (someone posted somewhere about getting a 110 buff via brokers) because again, F2P.<br /> <br />What am I doing wrong. Is it because I made a beta 100 trial character instead of copying over a character from the live servers? Or am I gimped anyway because I'm F2P. Thanks for the advise in advance!

Xianthia
10-17-2018, 05:41 AM
I believe F2P can read/chat in newbie channel. Are you in game atm? I can get a bauble to you.<br /> <br />Edit to add: As to your question about being level 100 heroic, I've no idea. I just copied characters from live and or made level 1s. Someone probably has the correct answer to this part.

Haff
10-17-2018, 05:47 AM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Xianthia"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Xianthia said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6524283#post-6524283" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I believe F2P can read/chat in newbie channel. Are you in game atm? I can get a bauble to you.<br /> <br />Edit to add: As to your question about being level 100 heroic, I've no idea. I just copied characters from live and or made level 1s. Someone probably has the correct answer to this part.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div> <br />Thanks for the reply! I'm not in-game at the moment as I've been waiting for the verification email to arrive, but the bauble (which I assume is the 110 buff?) would be very helpful. Ty! Character name is Taeyana.

Xianthia
10-17-2018, 05:56 AM
I'll mail it to you. Will take approximately 30 minutes so hopefully will be there when you get on. Make sure to /join Newbie. I think F2P can use that channel and someone will likely see your question/chat.

Haff
10-17-2018, 06:05 AM
Thanks again!