PDA

View Full Version : Fount of Power problems

olleran
10-15-2018, 01:43 PM
I am having major issues with Fount of Power buff if I group with another player to run the solo zones.<br /> <br />Basic info : I am a tank with 100mil hp before the buff applies, grouped with another player ( both times a scout )<br /> <br />When Fount of Power buff applies I still only have a 100 mil hp.<br /> <br />Whilst running the zones ( for Waves of Order / Layers of Order / Gusts of Order quests ) the Fount of Power buff randomly recasts itself and suddenly I only have 56 mil hp<br /> <br />Anyone else have this issue ?

Goezer
10-15-2018, 02:04 PM
As a Conji, I have 95m hp, (I have enhanced vigor aa potency + crit bonus = health) with fount of power on, I drop to 84.1m hp. I tested and turned off fount in the solo zone to see my health went up, which should be opposite being we gain more potency from Fount of power than we are currently static. did a /bug report on it with steps to reproduce it. Hopefully gets resolved soon.

Sath182
10-15-2018, 04:16 PM
I have also noticed lingering issues with Font of Power.<br /> <br />While duoing my Channeler with another player, we found that getting too far from each other would change the state of Font from “Duo mode” to “Solo mode.” Moving back into range would incorrectly reapply its stats. For me, I would go from near 100mil HP to 48mil. My construct on the other hand would go from over 1Billion HP to about 1.1million and get one shot by everything. The first time I’ve ever seen my construct actually die was because of this.<br /> <br />We also noticed that if I recast Font while in range of each other, his health would take a hit down to around 48mil HP. When he would recast Font, the opposite would occur and I’d be back to 48mil and my construct would be at 1.1mil again.<br /> <br />We did not test this Duoing in a Duo zone, so that will need to be done.<br /> <br />I also noticed that if I turned off Font in a Solo, my construct had 1 health. Which seems odd since standing solo in Myrist Library it’s got just shy of 800mil HP.

Mermut
10-15-2018, 04:49 PM
Fount of Power has had this issue since it was introduced. Invariably, one person in a duo will not have the potency portion apply.<br /> <br />Work around: When you're duoing the solo zones, check your potency as soon as you zone in. If it isn't inflated like it should be, cast your font buff.

Golum
10-15-2018, 04:56 PM
It is not just potency. HP is wacky too. I run with a partner and we take them off and recast. It works sometimes and others no. The one I love, going from 110 mil HP with no fount; cast fount and BAM 47 mil HP. <br /> <br />This thing needs to be looked at. HELP US!

Mermut
10-15-2018, 05:22 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Golum"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Golum said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6523843#post-6523843" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">It is not just potency. HP is wacky too. I run with a partner and we take them off and recast. It works sometimes and others no. The one I love, going from 110 mil HP with no fount; cast fount and BAM 47 mil HP.<br /> <br />This thing needs to be looked at. HELP US!</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>You don't need to take it off.<br />It's supposed to be an group/AoE buff, but it has never worked properly that way. Whoever doesn't have the correct stats, just have that person cast their font of power. No need for anybody to toggle theirs off if it active.

Golum
10-15-2018, 06:05 PM
The two clicks, well four if you count both of us, were exhausting.<br /> <br />Bottom line, it is not working correctly.

Kamyo
10-15-2018, 06:21 PM
110 sk and 110 fury, running duo in solo or instanced zone<br />When we land in zone,<br /> <br /> my SK will have around 40m HP (up from around 20mil) <br />wifes Furry will be around 70m HP (I don't know her base)<br /> <br />I'll recast font <br /><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01">my SK will go to around 70m HP</span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01">wifes Furry will be drop to 39-40m HP</span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01"> </span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01">She recast font</span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01">my SK will drop to around 40m HP</span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01">wifes Furry will be jump back up to 70m HP</span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01"> </span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01">Since I'm her merc, we run with me at the higher HP. </span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01"> </span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01">something seems out of wack. </span></span></div><div align="left"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01"> </span></span></div><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="color: #200b01"><div align="left"><br /></div></span></span>

Sath182
10-16-2018, 08:20 AM
@Mermut We tried what you suggested as soon as we noticed it (recasting the buff) and the person with lower stats trades to whoever did not recast. Back-and-forth like ping pong.<br /> <br />It's also not the same issue as in PoP. In PoP one person's Font would not even be active at zone in. In this case, both players Fonts are active, but one isn't applying correctly and it's application is affected by separation distance.

Sath182
10-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Just looked at Solos on Live while grouped Duo.<br /> <br />Used Guk: Halls of the Fallen first. Right off the bat, my channeler’s Font was deactivated, and had no loss of HP. On activating Font, HP jumped from 83.4Mil to 118Mil and the other players HP did not change. Of note, when Font was not active my construct still had its normal 1.9Bil HP rather than the 1HP that I noticed in Beta Solos.<br /> <br />Next, I zoned in to Tower Breach Solo and had the same results for HP as above. So, no change between new and old Solos on live. Looking at the effects of being separated, 290m is how far Font reaches. The only change experienced when turning Font back off was losing Fervor. That dropped from 525 to 84, which is less than my static value at 121. Recasting Font outside of 290m corrected this and also did something that eliminated the problem when recasting inside 290m and walking back out.<br /> <br />On zoning into Winds of change, my Font was deactivated again. I paid more attention to fervor and potency and say 561 fervor but only my normal potency, 95k, at zone in. Activating Font reset these to 525 and 223k respectively. Stepping outside of 290m had the same effect on fervor. Recasting inside range maintained this effect. Recasting outside 290m corrected the drop off issue same as in tower breach.<br /> <br />No sudden drop-off or ping-ponging of HP was experienced for either character.<br /> <br />So yeah, there’s problems with Font on Live, but what we’re experiencing on Beta is new and not the same problem.<br /> <br />I /bugged my experiences this morning.<br /> <br />Edit: Just checked Molten Core and turning Font on and off has Fervor bouncing between 561 (off) and 525 (on), and potency bouncing between 95k (off) and 223k (on). Very peculiar. Still no drastic oddities with HP though.