PDA

View Full Version : PoP and new Potency conversion

Dolgrin
10-11-2018, 06:54 AM
So with the nearly 50% reduced potency due new conversation, PoP Content (Solo, Heroic and Raid) is no more doable. Correct?<br />All ppl not buying new expansion at start are locked out.

Arieva
10-11-2018, 09:49 AM
I'm kinda concerned about this as well. Rumor has it there may be something from SoH Udder zone after getting all the no trade body drops. Considering how often they drop (or don't) it could take me well into the next xpac to even have a serious shot to loot them all. Will I walk in there on day one of Chaos descending and be unable to kill any trash? ugh

Fredero
10-11-2018, 10:33 AM
On Beta I was still able to solo Storms Heroic the same as I would on live, there didn't seem to be any noticeable difference from my potency level drop (from 112k on live to 60k on Beta). However, this was the only zone I did, I didn't try SoH etc.

Dolgrin
10-11-2018, 04:52 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Korucuu"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Korucuu said: </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">On Beta I was still able to solo Storms Heroic the same as I would on live, there didn't seem to be any noticeable difference from my potency level drop (from 112k on live to 60k on Beta). However, this was the only zone I did, I didn't try SoH etc.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>So a question for you. How many casuals do have 112k pot?<br /><iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ER9bo0UR440?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dolgrin
10-13-2018, 09:59 AM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Leginoair"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Leginoair said: </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">If you compare. 50k potency with 100 fervor, its almost equivalent to having 100k potency and 0 Fervor.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>You are missing the key point.<br />1. Potency Mitigation on all current PoP content.<br />2. AFAIK Fervor is not applying to all kind spells, eg. pet damage, taunts (not taunt damage) and some heals/wards.<br />If their is no prove that i am wrong, this is a net loss.

Legionair
10-13-2018, 08:40 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Dolgrin"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Dolgrin said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6522815#post-6522815" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">So with the nearly 50% reduced potency due new conversation, PoP Content (Solo, Heroic and Raid) is no more doable. Correct?<br />All ppl not buying new expansion at start are locked out.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>If you guys do the math it actually balances out. Since divine potency in diety tab is now going to be fervor. Fervor is basically Back End potency which is applied After everything else. If you compare. 50k potency with 100 fervor, its almost equivalent to having 100k potency and 0 Fervor. 100 fervor is basically taking your current potency and x it by 2 as if being a 100% overall increase. However, In comparison I honestly think that 50k potency with 100 fervor might actually be better since fervor is applied After stats instead of before stats like regular potency. This change was probably intended to slightly bottle neck stats and limit potency and also to not make the dps jump to 10x last expacs stats and output. Fervor is like taking your current potency amount and adding overall %'s to it. If you were to sit on a flat 100k potency, any 1 fervor on average would be equivalent to 1k potency. This is honestly the best way I can think of how to explain these 2 stats combined.

Legionair
10-13-2018, 09:19 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Dolgrin"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Dolgrin said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6523381#post-6523381" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">You are missing the key point.<br />1. Potency Mitigation on all current PoP content.<br />2. AFAIK Fervor is not applying to all kind spells, eg. pet damage, taunts (not taunt damage) and some heals/wards.<br />If their is no prove that i am wrong, this is a net loss.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Correct, I wasn't sure how specific you were getting. Part of that is going to be how much pot mitigation and what fervor will apply to in new content but as I feel in the end it should balance with adjustments. Hence the point of playing beta. Plus it looked like you were testing this in torden which is POP content. Not CD.