PDA

View Full Version : cant log into beta

Nizard
10-11-2018, 01:40 AM
ok will try again. when I log into beta server when the window comes up all I get is black screen. I can hear music and my pointer changes but cant see anything. works fine on live server.

olleran
10-18-2018, 10:35 PM
did you find a solution to this ? <br /> <br />As I am having the same problem on my 2nd computer

Arinna
10-19-2018, 02:16 AM
I'm having the same problem, as well. I can log into my account on Beta on my fiance's computer, but not on mine. We tried rebooting, deleting and reinstalling beta, performing a complete clean install of beta, alt + enter trick, copying files, etc. Nothing has worked.

Sigrdrifa
10-19-2018, 03:57 AM
Do not select a character on the Launchpad. Make sure that the region is pointed to Beta, then start 'er up.

Mosco
10-19-2018, 01:14 PM
You have to download the entire game into a separate Beta folder. Adv tools to Beta version and wait for the long download. When finished go back to live. Once that is done port your toon from live via the /beta command. Then log out. Restart launchpad and change game version to Beta via the advanced tools icon. Do not select a toon and login to the game. Your BSOD is due to Beta looking for files which need to be downloaded separately.

Sigrdrifa
10-19-2018, 07:19 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Mosco"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Mosco said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6524834#post-6524834" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">You have to download the entire game into a separate Beta folder. Adv tools to Beta version and wait for the long download.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Actually, there's a better way. If you are copying over a character from Live, log in to that character and use the /beta command. Then you need the Beta install. <br /> <br />Start the Launchpad. At the bottom left, it will show you the Version you currently are using. Click the Advanced Tools button (crossed wrench and hammer icon), click Select Game Version, then select Beta and click the green Apply button.<br /> <br />Let the download start and run for a minute or two so that it creates its file structure, then close the Launchpad. If you look in your main EverQuest II installation folder, you will have a new folder, /BetaServer. Copy the /paks and /music folder from your main EverQuest II folder and copy them into the /BetaServer folder. These contain the biggest files in the installation.<br /> <br />Once that's done, start the Launchpad again, make sure it's still pointed at Beta, and start it downloading again. It will update any files it needs to, and download any new files, but it will be a LOT quicker since it doesn't have to download the many megabytes of data for those two folders.

Nizard
10-20-2018, 01:45 AM
yes I was able to fix my problem. found out that even though I was running win10 and using dx12. the beta version had to have dx9 loaded onto my pc. although everything uses dx12 to run the beta version had to have it loaded. haven't had any trouble since