PDA

View Full Version : 1st time playing bata

Price
10-09-2018, 11:53 PM
<span style="font-size: medium"><b>How to copy your character over to the Beta server:</b></span><br /><ul><li>Log in your character and then type the /beta command.</li></ul>then what happens . do i log in normally to my normal version, and type /beta command ?<br />and dose it have to reload all file every time i switch back and forth?

Bunji
10-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Yes, to copy just log into the character you want to copy over to Beta and use /beta. When you log back into Beta they should appear in your character list (might take a few minutes).<br /> <br />You do not need to reinstall files for Beta when switching back and forth from Beta / Live. Beta files are kept in a separate sub-directory called "BetaServer".

Shonshazzitt
10-10-2018, 12:15 AM
It creates another complete game folder within your main EQ2 folder, one game for reg eq2, the other for beta.<br />In order to switch around between the 2 games, use the launcher and change between beta server or us english (if you use that one lol)<br />One game will not interfere with the other.

Price
10-10-2018, 02:00 AM
Thanks so much guys that makes it clear , next question what happens to everything we do on Bata afterwords , all the mounts and things we have acquired in bata does it get rolled over to my normal server character ?

Naneel
10-10-2018, 02:11 AM
No, everything you do on beta stays on beta with one exception. You can complete content on beta that will unlock claimable rewards on the live servers. Once beta is over, the rewards will show up in your /claim window so that you can use those items on your live characters.

Price
10-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Ok I 'm curious , when I decide who i'm taking over what does she go with everything in her bag , and her merk's and armor or is she striped down to nothing, without bags, armor food and merks ?

Shonshazzitt
10-10-2018, 12:05 PM
if you type /beta on a live server, everything you have on you will come over, just you, no houses, no guild halls, just your toon and whatever is in the bags.... Same for every toon that you /beta on.