PDA

View Full Version : My 2cp on the ShadowKnight class issues...

Jhon
12-21-2004, 09:55 AM
<DIV>  EverQuest 2, as do all games, reflects life. In life, you play the hand you're dealt and try to make the best of it, and 'God', Fate, or whatever you believe in, is not responsible for the choices you make or how you live your life, only the hand you're dealt at the start of it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>  The way I look at it, the Devolopers of EQ2 are like the Fates, and we are at their mercy. The ones who spend time complaining about their class balance, their horse graphics, their weak spell lineup...well, they're just weak in my eyes. Personally, while not a true ShadowKnight yet, I'm enjoying the roleplaying opportunities the Path to Darkness is offreing me. Instead of blathering on and endlessly on about the weakness of your class, take a moment to get back to the roots of the game. It's about <STRONG>roleplaying</STRONG>, not DPS numbers and calculations and endless item farming. With EQ2 being so fresh and new, and so visually rich, I've noticed a lot more people breaking out the roleplaying, even in /gsay and /gu, which is refreshing. To be honest, it's why I started playing games like this is the first place. I understand the importance of 'Torden you're MT because my AC is 291 and yours is 306', but I'd much rather hear 'Torden, you take the lead. My armour is paltry compared to yours.' or somesuch. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>  And as an aside, never ever ever group with Betrayers. Loyalty to Freeport, and to the Overlord, is loyalty to yourself. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>--</DIV> <DIV>Torden of Torvonnilus (13 Crusader, Ogdru Jehad, "Thunder and Darkness consume you!" -Torden)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Collaud
12-21-2004, 08:31 PM
<DIV>Sorry Torden.  While I respect your opinion on RPing (even though it creeps me out), most of the people who post in this forum, even if they actively RP, are out of character when they post.  They post about the lame horse graphic, broken spells, etc. because they enjoy the game and like their SK character.  They're not being "weak".  They're being proactive.  Assuming that the developers know all of the issues is a very ignorant point of view.  They're human just like you and me and, even though it may not seem like it at times, they rely on us to provide feedback.</DIV>

Bannon
12-21-2004, 11:12 PM
<DIV>While I'll agree that its a blast to RP a Big Dumb Ogre with his soul in the grips of the overlord...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'm gonna have to disagree on your opinions about the FEEDBACK we offer to the DEVs.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Yea, alot of it is [Removed for Content] and moaning...but if we dont bring it to the DEVs attention that something is broken or not working as intended...then it will stay broke.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also maybe your just a newbie to these forums...but incase your a newbie to all forum/game discussions..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER start any kind of conversation discussing ANYTHING about religion...at all...I dont care what it is...it will end up bad.</DIV>