PDA

View Full Version : Iksar or Troll....

Trant
12-21-2004, 01:26 AM
<DIV>I havent started a char yet, plan to tonight with the eventual goal of a SK. I have narrowed it down to Iksar or Troll. Not sure which to choose. In EQ1 I had both a troll and Iksar. Now here I know trolls get Ultravision, I like that, but whats the iksar benefit of seeing better under water all about ?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So break it down for me.....what are the pros and cons of each, iksar and troll sk.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks</DIV>

WuphonsReach
12-21-2004, 02:31 AM
Not much difference between any. Play whichever you'll think you'll enjoy playing.(I'd have played iksar if they had more color variation in their scales.)

Hysteric
12-21-2004, 02:51 AM
<DIV>Play what you wnat to play.  There doesn't appear to be any real advantages to either, other than color schemes as mentioned above.  Once you get to SK at lvl 20 your gear more than makes up for any difference in the starting racial stats.  Play what you want, as both are good choices.</DIV>

ZeroRyou
12-21-2004, 10:19 AM
<DIV>Like the two before me said, the differences between the races are so small that it doesn't really matter.  Just choose the race that you like the look of the most. :smileyhappy:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>To aswer your question about the underwater vision, it makes your vision beneath the water as crystal clear as on land.  Otherwise, everything underwater looks blurry.  If you plan on swimming underwater a lot, it could be useful.  But not useful enough to justify choosing Iksar over another race you might like more.</DIV>

Jhon
12-21-2004, 10:41 AM
<DIV> Personally, I think Ogres are the best for an SK, simply because they look very wicked (in the true sense of the word) and have great battle animations for an SK. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>  Choose whichever race you want, I'm sure the end-game of EQ2 will be just like EQ1 - race/class really doesn't matter, it's the gear the makes or breaks you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>  And as an aside, never group with Betrayers of Freeport. If we make life hard on those who are betraying us, perhaps they will reconsider and see the wisdom of life within the secure, fortified walls of beloved Freeport.</DIV>

Bihl
12-22-2004, 02:12 AM
<DIV><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=9&message.id=1681" target=_blank>See this thread</A></DIV>

Veradin Terr
12-23-2004, 08:09 PM
<DIV>Have to chime in.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>RATONGA ALL THE WAY.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thank you for letting me waste your time with an option you didn't even ask for lol.</DIV>