PDA

View Full Version : What armour should lvl 20-25 SK use?

Tavairy
12-17-2004, 07:43 PM
<DIV>im about to be lvl 20 and gotta good amout of money what armour and weapons should i get?? post or send email <A href="mailto:[email protected]" target=_blank>[email protected]</A></DIV>

Poena_De
12-17-2004, 07:53 PM
<DIV>As soon as I hit 20 I bought a full suit of Vanguard because it looks cool.  I am 27th level now and I am wearing my Cold Forged armor set.  From what I have seen for the most part everyone will wear that into their late 20's and early 30's the only exception to that is some people prefer Gauntlets of Hate from Fallen Gate.  Also be aware that there is no helm quest at this time.  That being the case just pick up a pristine forged carbonite helm or something else to your liking.  As for weapons that really depends on if you use 1h or 2h most of the time.  I would recommend picking up a good quest/mob dropped shield from the market and heading to Fallen Gate and trying to make a Skullcrusher for 1h and for 2h just buy whatever you like or run the quest to get a Nerius Pirate Great Sword.</DIV>

WuphonsReach
12-17-2004, 09:43 PM
What armor?Whatever you can get your hands on, preferably heavy or vanguard with as much AC as you can find.Start your level 20 armor quests (the bowyer in EFP), then start checking the market every night as you log to see if there is better armor for sale for a reasonable price. Right now, I wear a large mishmash of equipment and have AC values of 1100 (unbuffed, no shield) and 1300 (unbuffed, with shield) with all resists at 320+ (level 24).The carbonite vanguard seems to be a nice set of armor... I just haven't found anyone on my server who can make the chest item (and keep it on the market long enough for me to see it and purchase it).

swampthing
12-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Buying vanguard is a waste of money unless you can find a crafter willing to get you a deal. Your only going to be wearing it for a couple levels, that cash is better spent on spell upgrades and jewelry and such. I bought 2 pieces of vanguard at 20 because i knew i wouldn't be able to wear my legs or bp till 23 and 24.

Tsimhno
12-18-2004, 01:02 AM
<DIV>If you want the best AC don't get pristine stuff... pristine has better stat mods, but less AC. my just plain shield is better than the pristine version for shield rating.</DIV>

Xili
12-18-2004, 04:07 AM
Well, you could sell it when you upgrade to quested and recoup the cash...

Dracoviol
12-18-2004, 07:47 AM
What I did was what was as mentioned earlier buy armor from the npc's in efp and also bought a pristine helmet sinced those arent in the quest. A good temporary breast plate is the elephant hide bp you get from a quest starting in long shadow alley from yarana. its 206 ac and will tide you over till you finnish your armor quests. A good neck is also the lightstone quests started from the lightbringer wisp at the druid ring in the commonlands

Darkness
12-19-2004, 01:47 AM
If u can find some vanguard off of a player that is real cheap and has a required skill of 100 *watch out for the ones that are higher* get a piece or two of that so u can take advantage of the huge ac boost while u do your cold forged armor. I suggest grabbin vanguard helm (you dont get a forged helm) and vanguard legs/chest (cold forged versions cant be used til like 24). I found a normal vanguard helm for 25s and vanguard arms for 28s. Later found out that they sell to a merchant for 25s apiece so ill be gettin my $$$ back =D. Strollin thru the commons and i picked up the BP for 40s from a player and now im doin AQ's. If ya have the money, get the Pristine Forged Carbonite Vanguard Helm cause it has nice ac/stats and will keep ya set for quite a while. Also try as hard as you can to grab A Broken Military Pick and A Dark Pair of Gauntlets from Fallen Gate. You will be very pleased with your Skullcrusher and Plate Gauntlets of Hate and any equipment that u don't use can be sold for extra cash =). Gl to ya