PDA

View Full Version : Who Knows For Certain What Skills Effect What Pools?

GreatReor
12-15-2004, 07:35 AM
<DIV> <DIV>With the up and coming reset of Character Traits I am wanting to get everything right this time round. </DIV> <DIV>As a Crusader/ShadowKnight what Skills effect our different Pools?</DIV> <DIV>Here is what I think and please correct me if I'm wrong</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Strength effects Damage Dealt</DIV> <DIV>Stamina effects Number of Hit Points</DIV> <DIV>Agility effects Armor Class</DIV> <DIV>Wisdom effects Number of Power Points</DIV> <DIV>Intelligence does nothing for us but is used for other classes </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Am I correct?</DIV></DIV>

DrAtla
12-15-2004, 12:13 PM
What reset of character traits? Fill me in...

WuphonsReach
12-15-2004, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><hr>DrAtlasX wrote:What reset of character traits? Fill me in...<hr></blockquote>Long standing bug (discussed periodically here and on the Crusader forum) where after a certain point, you no longer get the periodic upgrades (racial traits, class traits, ability to pick your undead mastery choice). I haven't seen any choices (where you get the green "+" sign in the corner of your screen) in about 6 levels.So, at some point, the devs are going to reset everyone's choices and you can pick them all again (including the ones you've missed).

GreatReor
12-16-2004, 01:48 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> DrAtlasX wrote:<BR>What reset of character traits? Fill me in...<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>read up on this </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=spellart&message.id=3460" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=spellart&message.id=3460</A></DIV>

GreatReor
12-16-2004, 02:04 AM
<DIV>here is what has been said if you don;t want to use link</DIV> <DIV>__________________________________________________ _____________________</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Just wanted to let folks know that we're aware of the issue of characters not receiving their traits, traditions, and tactics properly. We've got the issue corrected on our development server, but we want to test the system for a while before it goes live.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>When the update goes to the live servers, everyone's trait/tradition/tactics choices will be reset and will need to be made again. This means you will be able to make different choices if you so desire.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Sorry for the inconvenience.</DIV> <P>===========================<BR>Moorgard<BR>EverQuest II Community Guy</P></DIV>

Dazzler-
12-16-2004, 03:12 AM
<DIV>Which then brings up the "what do I pick" debate. Seeing how alot of ppl ive spoken too havent seen a trait since lv12....like me. Im going to have zero clue what skill or trait does what. Which are the Triggered or Innate skills....it will for sure be a daunting task. I just hope they decide to put better descriptions as to what each thing does and how it is implemented. Going back to my experiance in beta...the descriptions, well they sucked. Leading me to choose a couple skills that with prior knowledge I would not have chosen.</DIV>

Elmore
12-16-2004, 04:47 AM
<DIV>if your a Dark Elf don't pick the racial hide.....you have to be stationary (no biggie) 1800 sec refresh...only lasts for 3 MIN...what a waste..</DIV>

Jaranna
12-18-2004, 05:46 AM
<DIV>What I've heard is that Wisdom affects your base resists, while Intelligence determines how much damage you do with offensive spells.  Not sure if that's true, but it would fit the "every stat is useful for everyone" maxim stated by the devs.</DIV>

Ixnay
12-18-2004, 07:13 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Elmore24 wrote:<BR> <DIV>if your a Dark Elf don't pick the racial hide.....you have to be stationary (no biggie) 1800 sec refresh...only lasts for 3 MIN...what a waste..</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>I'm a Gnome, got the same choice, and made the same mistake.  I wish I had chosen increased power, faster power regen, or the cool sounding innate heat based ae thing instead.<BR>

Grimlott
12-18-2004, 01:17 PM
In order to answer the initial question this is taken from the crusader guideStrength – Strength determines the amount of weight a character can carry and modifies how much damage they do in melee combat.Agility – The higher your character's Agility, the greater their chances to hit an opponent in melee combat and avoid physical attacks.Stamina – Stamina modifies the amount of Health Points a character has. It also affects how much damage an unconscious character can withstand before dying.Intelligence – Intelligence modifies how much damage your character inflicts with magic-based attacks.Wisdom – The higher your character's wisdom, the more successful they will be at both landing and avoiding magic-based attacks.looks like Int affects damage, and wisdom affects whether or not you land. which ones modify resists or power I don't know.