PDA

View Full Version : Grouping Spells: Need Advice

KarayaO
12-14-2004, 09:19 PM
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>Hello,</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>I am a 20 SK who started grouping more actively.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>I am having problems really understanding what benefit my group spells have and most importantly when to use them.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>My goal is to be the best at my job and if anyone can give me advice about what these spells actually do, how long they last and when to use them it would be greatly appreciated.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>The examine spell function and other write ups I have found do not give me comfort that I clearly understand which each one is for under certain circumstances. Finding out in the heat of battle has been confusing to measure the effectiveness.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>Any teachings greatly appreciated.....</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>Storm</STRONG></FONT></DIV>

WuphonsReach
12-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Not sure what your question is...As the main tank, shield+1H with Blessed Weapon, Knight's Stance and Vigor of Trust cast on yourself. (Get adept1 versions of those 3.) Pulling is generally: Wait for the healer to BoV you, announce the pull, pull with Grim Coil, Start an HO, Advance with Righteous Anger, DoF yourself, then complete the HO with either Inflame or Shout. Use Unyielding Advance and Charge as your aggro spells during the fight, casting RA whenever it comes up (cheap mana cost on that spell), sometimes casting DoF if the healer is using too much mana.(Basically, your mana output during a pull/fight needs to match the healer's output. Too much and you can't pull non-stop, too little and you'll end up waiting on the healer's mana anyway.)Try to avoid casting Inflame/Shout after the initial cast at the start of the fight. If you can't stay on top by casting the 5 spells I listed (GC, HO, RA, DoF, Inflame/Shout) with a periodic RA/DoF, then the group needs to manage their aggro better (or you need to upgrade to a better weapon). Save the Inflame/Shout spells for when you need to quickly build up aggro to pull mobs off of someone. (A lot of SKs don't agree with me on this point and think you should spam your taunt spells. I prefer to have them as aces up my sleeve for when things go bad.)As the secondary tank, pull out your best weapon (2H for me). Toss Offering of Armament on the main tank, and keep Call to Arms and Unholy Order up (group buffs, one you get at 23). Use your DoF spell to lessen the healing load of the healer, but otherwise concentrate on doing damage and watching for adds / aggro-issues. If the healer gets aggro, just start tossing DoF on them then Inflame (I don't recommend using Graven Embrace on a healer). DoF has a pretty good aggro associated with it and sometimes will peel the mob back immediately. If not, at least the healer is warded while you cast Inflame. If it's a mage or damage dealer, try Inflame/Dof first, then use Graven Embrace. If the mob still won't pay attention to you, use your Harm Touch.

KarayaO
12-14-2004, 11:49 PM
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>Thank you </STRONG></FONT><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/view_profile?user.id=48104" target=_blank><SPAN><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1>WuphonsReach</FONT></SPAN></A><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>That is exactly what I was seeking. Needed validation that my sequence and tactics are somewhat in line with yours. Actually, yours is better than mine. Will give yours a try.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG></STRONG></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=1><STRONG>Thanks for the feedback!<BR></STRONG></FONT> </DIV>

Anash
12-16-2004, 02:02 PM
<DIV>Although this looks good on paper, in 10 more levels in runnyeye you will be lucky to get one spell off before 5 goblins are chain stunning you and beating the crap out of you. you better try to get a decree of decay off first before you try your ward or a HO.  your ward will be gone in one hit, mine wards 410 and its gone in one single hit.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Another option to pull aggro off someone is chain stunning between taunts and wards, like the other guy said graven embrace is for mages or a last resort for healer.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Anash on <span class=date_text>12-16-2004</span> <span class=time_text>01:10 AM</span>

Kanfo
12-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Another thing you might want to try:While grouping (especially with a heavy melee group with bruisers and/or scouts) try using Unholy Order during the pull. It creates an incredible amount of aggro, and has the added benefit of improving your other melee group member's damage output.

Coter
12-27-2004, 09:12 PM
For groups, if I'm pulling groups of mobs, I use RA to pull, Cry of Conviction when I get back to camp, then shout, then follow up with assault. Also if you are MT also make sure you are pulling, it's MUCH easier to hold aggro if you pull, then try to pull it off someone else. If you can also tell the group not to start until they see the shout animation you can save yourself a lot of headaches with holding aggro later in the fight. With my group of spells, I've had briggands and Assassins go full bore on a wrong target (not assisting,) and still had them beating on me through the fight.For single pulls, I pull with RA, Charge when they get back to camp (I love the knock down animation on this one,) inflame, then start my HO. With this 7/10 pulls I can usally pull of a Divine Blade HO with the healer in the group, kinda nice bonus.

Macki
12-28-2004, 01:32 AM
<DIV>if you are the secondary tank, put offering of armament, vigor and trust and ancient pledge on the main tank, it give them AC+STR, STA boosts, also ward them using DoF</DIV>

Coter
12-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Be careful not to chain cast DoF though, you can steal the aggro from the main tank.