PDA

View Full Version : Ghoulbane - Dusty Blue Stone

Kanfo
12-14-2004, 08:52 PM
At what point of the quest with the Dusty Blue Stone does the quest item need to be handed to a Shadowknight for the quest to be completable.From what I've seen, from when the low level mob gives you the dusty blue stone, you need to visit numerous places in Qeynos, including North Qeynos. I'll go guard hopping if I need to, but I'd like to know from someone who's tried it what part needs to be handed off. -Foxpaws

Ka'gor
12-14-2004, 11:09 PM
<DIV>Ok i      got the blue stone useing a goody alt and got it to my SK.  I tried for 3 hours lastnight to get past the guard that is RIGHT near the NPC i need to talk to (the gem guy) in gray.  I can use the bell from ant to get into there and make it to right before the guard and have not found anyway to get around him.  Have tried camo, jumping over the wall scaleing the rocks and nadda.  Camo did  drop teh red around the guards name but he still agro'd and he was a green con to me.  Do I need to wait till hes a grey con to me to try it again camo.  One Iiiiiidea I havent tried yet would be to get another evil to agro the guard to pull him off his post while I stand on the rock cliff out of agro, minute he moves I  sprint to my npc.  Any suggestions from anyone that has done this part post please.</DIV>

ChaosImbu
12-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Who gives this quest?

swampthing
12-15-2004, 01:27 AM
<blockquote><hr>Ka'gor wrote:<DIV>Ok i got the blue stone useing a goody alt and got it to my SK. I tried for 3 hours lastnight to get past the guard that is RIGHT near the NPC i need to talk to (the gem guy) in gray. I can use the bell from ant to get into there and make it to right before the guard and have not found anyway to get around him. Have tried camo, jumping over the wall scaleing the rocks and nadda. Camo did drop teh red around the guards name but he still agro'd and he was a green con to me. Do I need to wait till hes a grey con to me to try it again camo. One Iiiiiidea I havent tried yet would be to get another evil to agro the guard to pull him off his post while I stand on the rock cliff out of agro, minute he moves I sprint to my npc. Any suggestions from anyone that has done this part post please.</div><hr></blockquote>ROFL. Go the bell in antonica by the lighthouse and bell to oakmyst forest, oakmyst zones right into the yard next to gruffin or whatever his name is, no guards required. For the rest of the quest try using the sewers.Read the whole quest before you start it though. There are some seriously crappy parts.

Ka'gor
12-15-2004, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>ROFL. Go the bell in antonica by the lighthouse and bell to oakmyst forest, oakmyst zones right into the yard next to gruffin or whatever his name is, no guards required. For the rest of the quest try using the sewers.<BR><BR>Read the whole quest before you start it though. There are some seriously crappy parts.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Ok so hoiw do u get past the guard at oakmyst dock.  There is one sitting there just as you come off the dock.  I tried that one also, and there are guards at the entrance to gray in oak.  </DIV>

swampthing
12-15-2004, 02:58 AM
They don't oust you, just walk right past. The only zones that the guards seem to do anything in are the qeynos proper zones and starter zones. I walked right up to the guards in oakmyst and flipped em off.

Ka'gor
12-15-2004, 04:51 AM
<DIV>Ok I ll try it the one in Gray keeps booing me to near north Q bridge</DIV>

DrAtla
12-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Is this weapon any good? Lots of people are talking about it but since everyone seems to be doing it at 25 or so and the mobs people are killing are in Stormhold I have a feeling it's not great at 30+. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth my time or not. Anyone have the stats on the completed item?

Ka'gor
12-15-2004, 06:51 PM
<DIV>Ok went in from Oak and it worked great the guards didnt agro at all, now iam running under griffs in Ts praying that I wont get agro and trying to mine from the farthest distnace lo.  the rock u need to mine for the ore seems to be right under a huge herd of griffons.</DIV>

Kanfo
12-16-2004, 08:47 PM
WHEE! Just finished Weakened Ghoulbane (No links yet in EQ2 DB, and can't link off my char, since I'm only 28 so far)Base damage is 11-33, one hander, 1.7 delay with decent stats. For a weakened version of the sword, boo yeah!By the way, I would make friends with 2 other helpful people, healer and a scout, preferably. They can help you get to the mage college and greystone yard, then help you clear through all the things you need in stormhold to get ToV access. Now on to hunting down the lich and spirits!

swampthing
12-16-2004, 10:37 PM
<blockquote><hr>Kanfoxy wrote:WHEE! Just finished Weakened Ghoulbane (No links yet in EQ2 DB, and can't link off my char, since I'm only 28 so far)Base damage is 11-33, one hander, 1.7 delay with decent stats. For a weakened version of the sword, boo yeah!By the way, I would make friends with 2 other helpful people, healer and a scout, preferably. They can help you get to the mage college and greystone yard, then help you clear through all the things you need in stormhold to get ToV access. Now on to hunting down the lich and spirits!<hr></blockquote>That's absolutely horrid. I've had a better weapon than that since level 18. Hope to god the restored ghoulbane doesn't suck that bad.

Shadame
12-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Anyone want to post the weakened/ strengthened ghoulbane quests here?Thinking about going over to qeynos to make a drop for an alt of mine, might get started on a new weapon while I am there...

EDG
12-18-2004, 01:02 PM
<DIV>Full Ghoulbane walkthrough</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=quest&message.id=20056" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=quest&message.id=20056</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kanfo
12-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Swampthing, please post said better weapon.Best weapon I've found (and had) was steel scimitar, sitting firmly at 10 avg dps. Ghoulbane is a significant upgrade to 13 avg dps, and better stats.