PDA

View Full Version : Pony speed info:

Zoradan
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
<DIV>Info for you all take it or leave it:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I ran a course in Commons at lvl 25 (didn't think of it at 20) to compare the horse speed to that of running. I ran it twice, each direction got an avrage then used the horse on the same rought, did it twice for an avrage. The horse at lvl 25 was 24% faster than running (I didn't bother with sprint).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>At 30 I redid the same path and came up with the exact same numbers, literealy to the second. Horse still 24% faster than running.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Hope the info helps.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Z-</DIV>

Zutan
12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
<DIV>I've been thinking the horse stops speeding up around level 25 or 26 as I've ridden side by side a level 27+ SK at level 26 but at level 24 (he hadnt leveled since I was 24) I couldnt quite keep up.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I have noticed that my friend on Jboots cant keep up even if he sprints..(sprint comes close to keeping up but I still leave him behind eventually)</DIV>

Kanfo
12-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Also, Jboots seem to function on horseback as well. :3

Drax
12-14-2004, 10:00 PM
<DIV>A note about jboots:</DIV> <DIV>collectors edition jboots are supposedly (though I can't confirm this myself) NOT as effective as quested jboots, not nearly as effective.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>That would make sense, if thats the case - As the quested jboots are hard, hard earned. Interesting note about them functioning with the horse though, wasn't aware of that.</DIV>

Kanfo
12-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Wasn't collector's edition, it was preorder (though maybe collectors gave it as well.)The boots are pretty crappy, until you remember that you can switch them out for long runs. Any increase in speed is nice for getting to TS from freeport, so even if it doesn't help much in combat situations, or in short runs, over the long haul they're fantastic.

Bannon
12-16-2004, 10:56 PM
<DIV>Where do you start the jboot quest in freeport?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I know of a spot on the qeynos side...but where abouts in freeport?</DIV>

vwlsskng
12-16-2004, 11:12 PM
<DIV>JBoots and Steed stack? LoL! I'll have to try that this evening. I wonder how long it will be until they nerf that.</DIV>

Pheeb
01-15-2005, 03:44 AM
At lvl 20 I don't find the horse faster than running - I barely escape mobs where I have no problem while running...I hope the speed increases as I level up...

Macki
01-15-2005, 09:40 PM
<DIV>horse speed has always been faster than running and jboots.</DIV>

MF2K|Wh
01-16-2005, 01:11 AM
<DIV>You're pony will slow down to the normal running speed, once you engage in battle. So while you're fighting if you turn to run away you are going to run just as fast on the horse as off, but when not in combat the horse speeds up 24% faster than regular running</DIV>

Gropp Da'Bash
01-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Shadowknight with lvl 20 steed is faster then a troll with SoW.We tested this yesterday with a run from the commonland docks to the griffon station. He was on the griffin before i could even see the tower.So this 25% speed increase sounds pretty good to me, while sow gives ~15% ?