PDA

View Full Version : Prepping for the long Road ...

Charinida
12-12-2004, 06:04 AM
<DIV>Vendui abbils.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Coming from EQ1/Xev and SWG/Starsider...  I've played a SHD and enjoyed it, and thought of making another SHD for EQ1.  I already have a wizard in the making again (Permafrost).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Mind you, I'm coming from the mindset of EQ1 SHD and just need to figure some things out (i.e., ideas that needs to be tossed out since they don't work here anymore).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>1)  What are the primary attributes I should look into, when it comes to outfitting and upgrading?  Again, my new SHD will be a teir'dal, thus looking at STR for one.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>2)  In EQ1, we Knights relied heavily on INT for our mana.  Yet in EQ2, we rely on WIS?  This is true?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>3)  In EQ1, I primarily concentrated on my 2h swords, and 1h sword and shield - with a bow for pulling.  Later levels (late 40s), someone said I should learn more than just two two weapons.  Do I really need to learn more than just two primary weapons?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>4)  Since there is no more factional group "The Dead" and I have no Queen to serve...  Which factional group would be good to work with overall?  (in EQ1, I fought Freeport and, um, Lucan and Slate several times - will they remember me!?)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Bel'la dos...</DIV> <DIV> - Kellisanth, newly arrived at Antonia_Bayle</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

WuphonsReach
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I'd say everything but INT is important. STR to carry the armor and do more damage on your attacks. AGI for dodging attacks. STA for HP. WIS for mana pool size.You don't get to pick at the start where to allocate points. As you level, you'll get those choices every so often (racial traditions and the like).AC is king, but not at the expense of wearing heavier armor (heavy armor mitigates more damage then medium once you get hit).Resists seem to matter a good bit. Try to get everything over 100 (there are 6 or 7 resists compared to EQ's 4 or 5) by level 20, then shoot for everything over 200 by level 30.