PDA

View Full Version : Why is our "pet" resistable?

swampthing
12-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Our pet in my opinion is about the most useless 2 spells i've gotten in 26 levels. Not only did i get that was of a proc spell that summons the component now at 26 i have a "pet" that can be resisted when cast by the mob it's casted on AND still uses the component. And on top of this the "pet" is a long cast time.All these factors make our brown wisp pet pretty much useless if you ask me.

Bihl
12-11-2004, 11:01 PM
<DIV>I'm not level 26, or a shadowknight yet.  So this sorta sounds like gibberish to me.  But I think I get your point that the pet sucks?  That's dissappointing.</DIV>

swampthing
12-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah lemme make it more clear for those that aren't 26 yet.You get a spell at 24 that summons an essence. These essence are 100% useless till 26 when you get your "pet". To cast your pet it requires one of these essences that you get randomly from hitting the mob that you cast the spell one. The pet cast itself takes awhile to cast, couple that with the fact that the pet cannot move and lasts maybe 20-30 seconds, if even. Now on top of all that you're pet can be resisted when it's cast. Yes, that's right, it can be RESISTED. The resist not only wastes the 4ish second casting time but also the essence. Last night using it I had it resisted 3 times out of the 7 times i used it on BLUE mobs.To add insult to injury the "pet" looks absolutely stupid. It's a brown [Removed for Content] looking wisp.I could maybe live with the fact that i have to summon an essence, I can live with the fact that the pet can't move, but it being resisted is absolutely stupid and i sincerely hope it's a bug.

Anash
12-12-2004, 12:08 AM
<DIV>Its not meant to be uber at all, just a extra DoT to help in some situations, it does styles and stuff, and can do some good for when you need just a little more DPS. Also I have never had the actual pet summon spell resisted, now the componet one I have it resisted often.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'm not sure what you expected this pet to be like, but anything is a plus in my opinion.</DIV>

Drax
12-12-2004, 02:53 AM
<DIV>I haven't dinged 26 yet, very close though.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nothing said about the pet suprises me since I've heard its not very useful in most short-duration fight situations, however one thing stands out that shocks me: It can't move? So if the mob moves, it can't follow it?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also, what exactly is the cast time on this pet?</DIV>

Anash
12-12-2004, 03:28 AM
<DIV>Cast time is about as long as sickening decay and a pet window pops up for it, I would assume it moves, but cannot confirm it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

swampthing
12-12-2004, 03:49 AM
It's been said many times in the past it's stationary. I haven't tried making it move because of those statements so i suppose they could be wrong.I wasn't expecting anything uber as I knew it was sucky in the beta. But the fact that it's resistable is just downright disgusting considering all the trouble you have to go through to even cast the stupid thing. I would definately rank it as highly situational, or for a more mundane translation: Useless.If there's one complaint i have about this game is the fact that absolutely everything is useless. No one class or race gets any advantage over any other in any way shape or form. Take troll regen for example, you're thinking as you level up, cool, regen finally, a perk to work for. Nope, 3 min duration 30 min recharge. It's like nothing in the game is powerful or unique in order to maintain some kind of watered down bland balance. Everything that made classes unique and fun to play in EQ1 is missing here as most of the classes have no advantages over any other. Just really disapointed and annoyed by this "pet".

Kulleras_Ogre
12-13-2004, 10:14 PM
<DIV>Here's a little something that I initially missed on the essence summoning spell. In the spell description it says that ANYONE who hits the creature can get your essence. I thought the spell wasn't doing anything, checked the description again, asked my group mates and sure enough; everyone in the group had some essences in their inventory. Unfortunately they sell for a pretty fair amount so some people won't just give them to you....</DIV>

Rayx
12-13-2004, 11:24 PM
<DIV>awesome!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>a pet [Removed for Content] at lvl 26</DIV>

Roland_Descha
12-13-2004, 11:28 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Rayx0r wrote:<BR> <DIV>awesome!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>a pet [Removed for Content] at lvl 26</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> lol, <STRIKE>well its better than nothing.</STRIKE>.. actually no i'm lying its not better than nothing.

Zoradan
12-14-2004, 01:21 AM
<DIV>The pet is a waist of spell slots end of discusion. </DIV>

swampthing
12-14-2004, 02:25 AM
Ok i'm halfway wrong, the pet isn't 100% stationary. If the mob moves it WILL follow it. But if you tell it to move it will not.A pet command window pops up but none of the commands work, the pet just says "sorry i cannot do that".I assume that it's actually hitting the mob i casted it on and that's that.Yes the proc spell puts the essences in anyones inventory. Good luck getting them from a pickup group members once they see they can be sold for copper. Guild mates have no problems turning them over of course.As someone else said, these 2 spells are 100% worthless.

mnofdea
12-14-2004, 04:51 AM
<DIV>Sweet a mobile [Removed for Content] at level 26 nice cant wait. :smileyvery-happy:</DIV>

Siovineo
12-14-2004, 06:03 AM
<DIV>...I was assuming it'd be a skelly at least, so even if it was close to useless it'd at least look neat.  Oh well, I'm sure on their 3,000th patch at 10 am eastern EVERY morning they'll fix it.  </DIV>

EDG
12-14-2004, 07:42 AM
<DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>ok.. the pet graphic is crap.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>yes it does move (if you move, and the mob follows)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>the "tainted essense" goes into anyones inventory (always ask the berzerker, he usually has 15 after 10 minutes of play)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>noone would complain if it was just a DoT spell, but since it has the pet "graphic" attached to it, suddenly it's crap.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00><STRONG>Think about it...  essentially you're getting a DoT doing 20-30 dmg every 2 secs over 30 seconds.  Pretty **mods 4 teh win!!1!** good if you ask me.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>The only annoyance...  having to beg the group for the essences, and staring at that stealing pile...</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>one cool thing though is...  *sometimes* it speaks when called  :smileyhappy:</FONT></DIV>

Anash
12-14-2004, 04:12 PM
<DIV>Yeah I don't understand all the moaning going on here, ShadowKnights are a awesome fun class, the little pet you get is just some extra help if needed, if you hate it that much don't use it. </DIV>

Ransomv
12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
<DIV>Not sure what you guys are complaining about. Have any of you upgraded this spell? Also, remember the first couple of levels with a new skill are rough. I got it up to APP3 and I think it's awesome. My pet blob is hitting for 30s on special attacks and 20+ normally. Usually does 120+ damage for 36 power can't complain. Just another tool in the arsenal. Not to mention the "summon" spell effect looks/sounds awesome. By the way, I pull with tainted essence so I usually have more essences than I can use. </DIV>

Bihl
12-15-2004, 12:43 PM
<DIV>Why the Thule did I get a single star for that basic reply?  I said I don't fully understand, but I empathise, and for that I get a single star?  Maybe someone didn't READ it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>/angry</DIV>

Ransomv
12-15-2004, 10:51 PM
<DIV>I was soloing in Nek last night and decided to bring out the pet a bit. He must have grown.. I am still 26 but he had a couple of special attacks in the 50s. One round he did his basic attack for like 22, then his special for like 55, and then he stunned the dragoon I was fighting... I was happy. Sure this doesn't happen every fight but if you want a real pet I suggest rolling a necro.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think the pet is good for that extra push that you need when a battle is shifting away from you...</DIV>