PDA

View Full Version : shadownight only in Freeport??

gozz
11-27-2004, 03:56 PM
<DIV>I am a crusader in Quenos but i want to be a shadownight not a paladin is this still possible even if i dont do the betrayal quest...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>plz help</DIV>

vTenebr
11-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Shadowknight is considered to be the evil counterpoint to the Paladin. The Paladin being the epitome of the noble, kind, and genteel knight. The Shadowknight being vicious, brutal, and cruel. As such, it wouldn't even make sense to have an "evil" class in a "good" city. Why would the people of light wish to embrace one who dabbles in death, disease, and decay?If you wish to go Shadowknight, you haven't any choice but to betray. (Unless you reroll)<p>Message Edited by vTenebrae on <span class=date_text>11-27-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:11 PM</span>

Yinmaren
11-29-2004, 06:00 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> vTenebrae wrote:<BR>Why would the people of light wish to embrace one who dabbles in death, disease, and decay? <P> <HR> </P></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Chaotic good is pretty much like this. Do anything in your power to prevail for the side deemed good. Pallies are pretty much Chaotic good and SK's would be the same if they were allowed into Qeynos. It makes perfect sense in a role players eyes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Why turn down someone who wants to help your cause?</DIV>

Vai
11-29-2004, 03:06 PM
<DIV>Roleplaying can make up a ton of different reasons why a shadowknight <STRONG>could</STRONG> end up in Qeynos ... but in all reality, and even in a roleplaying perspective, nobody in their right minds would think that using evil methods and tactics is good.</DIV>

JFuller
11-29-2004, 03:33 PM
<DIV>All fine and good, but explain why Warlocks are allowed to be from Qeynos? It's my understanding Warlocks are evil-aligned.</DIV>

Vai
11-29-2004, 04:07 PM
<DIV>I'd try to make up an answer, but I won't.  Ask the devs on that one to see what their explanations are.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But it's pretty clear cut for a SK - anyone who summons a skeleton, described in the skeleton mastery skill as being 'the most evil of incarnations in Norrath ... risen from the graves ... have nothing more than an urge to kill', to fight alongside him/herself must be pretty evil and wicked.</DIV>

_Baal_
11-29-2004, 05:26 PM
<DIV>shadowknight is by no means a good guy. paladin is good and shadow knight is bad. shadow knights would ravage a large group of ppl just for fun. would a paladin do something like that? shadow knights are symbols of the most extrem corruption, paladins are that of salvation and all that other good stuff. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>as far as necros, the art and understanding of death isnt really evil. its more on how you use it.</DIV>

kenwood
11-30-2004, 11:05 AM
<DIV>It's really pretty simple.. If you look at the entire archetype, class and sub-class system, each archetype has two classes with sub-classes split between Qeynos and Freeport and one class that has sub-classes available in both..  For the fighter archetype it's the warrior class that is available in both, with crusader and brawler being split..  for priest it's druid available in both, cleric and shaman split..  for scout it's bard available in both, predator and rogue are split ..  so for the mage..  I guess they just figured a coercer was more evil than a warlock..  *shrug* .. hehe..  it doesn't necessarily make sense for the warlock, but in the overall scheme of the system it at least follows the form...   </DIV>

Greggthegrmreapr
11-30-2004, 08:05 PM
<DIV>Pallies are the crusaders who were molested by the druids...  stupid druids</DIV>

EDG
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
<DIV>Paladin:  Lawful Good</DIV> <DIV>Shadowknight:  Lawful Evil</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The basic rules of Lawful Good are:</DIV> <DIV>1) Order and Discipline are guiding principles for life.</DIV> <DIV>2) The needs of society trump that of any individual.</DIV> <DIV>3) The head should rule and control the heart.</DIV> <DIV>4) Support, aid, and protect non-Evil creatures.</DIV> <DIV>5) Defeat and destroy Evil<BR></DIV> <DIV>The basic rules of Lawful Evil are:</DIV> <DIV>1) Order and Discipline are guiding principles for life.</DIV> <DIV>2) The head should rule and control the heart.</DIV> <DIV>3) Only look out for number one.<BR></DIV> <DIV>Shadowknight, I'm assuming is a form of Illriger.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The main difference between the two would be the alignment.  Both are knight-like servants with purpose, one to evil, and one to good.</DIV>