PDA

View Full Version : Shadowknights....

Abyssi
11-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Are shadowknights damage dealers or damage takers? I have asked at many places and gotten a different answer. At one place they tell me that SKs damage is laughable, and does not even compare to other classes. While at other places they tell me SKs are pure DDers, and darn good ones. What is the story with Shadowknights? From my prospective, with all the DD spells and whatnot, it seems they would make good damage dealers. However, as a 15 crusader on the path to a SK, I can hardly solo a white.

Anxe
11-26-2004, 09:22 PM
<DIV>SK's deal damage well, and take damage well</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>they also can hold aggro like you wouldnt believe</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>solid class all around from what i have witnessed so far</DIV>

EvilHarbing
11-26-2004, 09:25 PM
<DIV>We are niether but we are both. Any SK can take and they can do dmg but they can't take damage as good as a guardian nor can they do the damage of a caster or rouge type. However we are good to have in groups for additional buffs and as a secondary tank. SK's are very versatile.</DIV>

WuphonsReach
11-27-2004, 12:06 PM
My role when not MA at level 17...1) Put intervene on the healer or maybe the lowest member in the group2) DoF on the MA periodically, hopefully just before they pull the next mob3) If we pull a really tough mob, Offering of Armament on the MA4) Dish out damage on whatever mob the MA is beating onSometimes I'll mez-tank adds, or at maintain some control over additional aggro'd mobs. Better that they beat on me as the SA then one of the robe/leather classes. The MA can then snag them off of me at their leisure (usually with a group taunt).

Shadame
11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I don't know about damage dealing, but I know with the proper strategy I find I hold agro as good as or better than a warrior of equal level.Through a mix of spells, abilities and those wonderful wards that act as healing spells, I'm quite capable of getting mobs to super agro on me in all but the most extreme stupid circumstances (like the wizard droping his entire mana bar in the first 5 seconds of a fight).