PDA

View Full Version : Future Planning

taa
11-23-2004, 12:26 AM
<DIV><FONT size=1> <P><FONT size=2>I have done a search and found hints to the following questions but not enough to say, yes I understand. Please excuse the noobiness of this, call it annal for wanting to know. I saw the post on what life is like post lvl 20 which gives me some ideas, but does not help me right now with wanting to plan for it. </FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>I am a level 15 DE Crusader in Freeport.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>My current AC is around 398. I am using a Wastewater Edged Tulwar (2H slashing). </FONT><FONT size=2>Half of my armor and equipped items con blue or green, the rest is a mixture of mostly yellows and some orange.</FONT><FONT size=2>My leggings are grey (yes I know, useless).</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>I have no "spells" or attacks beyond App II. Most of the new ones are App I, but con white or yellow. </FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>I have saved around 1 and half gp.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>So -</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>(1) ware do I find adept books and which ones are worth getting?</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>(2) should I be upgrading my armor now with as much orange stuff as possible. I am an old EQ1 player and I knew then I had to be frugal with the cash and I am with that now. So, that is why I have not bought new leggings.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>I am looking for fairly specific ideas of what the future is like once I become an SK - I plan on going for the quested armors found in Freeport around level 20. I am not worried about weapon either, since I mostly group and I am not the main damage dealer anyway. A soulreaver would be nice but the weapon I use now has a 2 sec delay and is giving me a max DPS of 17 (base). It does not have any stats on it though so that makes me wonder. Thoughts?</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>I am planning on doing the FG quest this week and leveling their once I hit 16. I know there are good drops to find and that I will make some decent cash. But still, I see that SK's will have to find a balance between equipment and upgrading spells in the future.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>I greatly enjoy being the MA in a group and have done that a great deal unless their is another higher level tank present. With that said, this is why I am worried about AC.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>I hope this is clear and that I can tap your ideas.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>It is greatly appreciated.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2>Thank you</FONT></P></FONT></DIV> <P>Message Edited by taahl on <SPAN class=date_text>11-22-2004</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>11:28 AM</SPAN></P><p>Message Edited by taahl on <span class=date_text>11-22-2004</span> <span class=time_text>11:31 AM</span>

Tako
11-23-2004, 01:18 AM
<DIV>Hiya,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I wrote the post on post 20 so I thought I would try to take a stab at your questions. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>1.  Adept Books - Here you will have to check the brokers.  They added brokers to all the Freeport Zones in live so its pretty easy to find one, also check the Fence in East Freeport to check Qeynos markets (can be found in bay on a little island).  Adept 1 are drops only so players usually sell these to other players via in game markets after they quit for the night.  At 15 your going to want to find Righteous Anger, Righteous Blow, Determined Faith (ward).  My own experience is most people way over value Adept 1 and charge way more than its worth.  I found a guild crafter than made me App III scrolls for almost all my lvl 10 - 19 Combat Arts and paid around 10 silver each for them.  Damage increase isn't huge going from App III to Adept I but choice is yours.  If you really wanna spend the money on them Always upgrade DD spells first as they seem to cost the least power and damage increases the most from spells.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>2.  I used almost the same armor from 10 - 19.  I did upgrade here and there as I came across new pieces but I spent no money from these lvls as they go by very fast and medium armor is exspensive to buy compared to money coming in at those levels.  The armor you get from the 6 armor quests @ 20 is SOO much better than anything you can buy its really not worth spending the silver.  From lvls 1 - 19 I think I saved 90% of my money and just bought good water to impove power regen (food is a waste in a group imho, water is essential).  Having said that if you are taking a pummeling as MA then its worth spending the money upgrading armor or shield.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>3. Weapons - I know you said you weren't concerned about these so much, but if you are MA try getting a good shield as this will bump your AC alot and not cost a fortune.  There are several nice 1h weapon quests in the 15 - 20 range and once you get into FG try to get the Skullbreaker quest as soon as possible.  Its the nicest weapon for 1h users for a long time.  In Nek there are fairly common shield drops called Firwood Shield (round and kite) that have excellent stats and AC for when you are MA.  At 22 is the weapon quest in EFP INN that gives a nice weapon for 22 - 27.  From 27 - 32 is the quest weapon from NFP (FG Gong) that will last awhile.  At 27 I just started using it and its very nice.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>4. Lastly if you have silver to spare and you need more stats/AC look for a crafter to make some jewelry for you, you can bump stats and AC pretty cheaply using some low level crafted jewelry which is pretty easy to make.  20+ there are a few nice ring and earring quests in FG that will help alot too but most of the good quests require a chest drop item to start.</DIV>

taa
11-23-2004, 01:25 AM
<DIV>Takoda,</DIV> <DIV>you are the man!!!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thank you very much - that helps a great deal. What I was looking for.</DIV> <P>Message Edited by taahl on <SPAN class=date_text>11-22-2004</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>12:25 PM</SPAN></P><p>Message Edited by taahl on <span class=date_text>11-22-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:26 PM</span>

WuphonsReach
11-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Must be nice... my AC is only 299 at level 15.It's becoming very critical that I find some upgrades, a lot of my armor has gone green and one piece has gone grey (still wearing a lot of leather / light armor). I keep hoping to find a chainmail or medium armor quest in Freeport that I can do in my mid-teens.

archangelm
11-25-2004, 05:26 PM
<DIV>What is the name of the quest for Skullbreaker? I am assuming FG is Fallen Gate ( or whatever its called). I don't see any info about it on Allakhazam, but that doesnt mean much as they are not yet up to par on all the info out there. Just want to make sure I know where to go for the quest when I go after it. Thanks for the info tho, very helpful.</DIV>

EvilHarbing
11-26-2004, 04:03 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> archangelmc3 wrote:<BR> <DIV>What is the name of the quest for Skullbreaker? I am assuming FG is Fallen Gate ( or whatever its called). I don't see any info about it on Allakhazam, but that doesnt mean much as they are not yet up to par on all the info out there. Just want to make sure I know where to go for the quest when I go after it. Thanks for the info tho, very helpful.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> The item that drops in FG to start this quest is call Military Pick Axe and the reward is the Skull Crusher.