PDA

View Full Version : Resource Spawn Rates

Curmudgeon
10-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Doing the quests in Fens to allow me to find Greshdek. First time I did this I was the only one there, gathering the materials for the various tasks wasn't a problem. This time there were three of us there and we were running around like crazy people trying to find wood. Now imagine 20 people on that step of the quest. <br /><br />I think the resources for these quests need to be coded for instra-respawn so there is always a minimum number of spawns up

Elowith
10-26-2016, 04:32 PM
I agree, either that or more locations.

Curmudgeon
10-26-2016, 05:02 PM
This problem also applies to the non-trackable Chokidai poop

Mermut
10-26-2016, 05:21 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Curmudgeon"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Curmudgeon said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6384519#post-6384519" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">This problem also applies to the non-trackable Chokidai poop</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Why are any tradesskill update/gather bits non-trackable anyway?

Iglu
10-27-2016, 02:49 AM
I can see that the timber and fire wood are going to be a problem in the Fens. Only one wagon was spawning when I was there yesterday.

Slappywhite
10-27-2016, 08:07 AM
This seems tp be a theme throughout the expansion. Quests where you have to gather/collect anything are fine in the context of one or two players simultaneously doing them, but when this goes live, it's going to be spawn-camp city and frustration all around. The bushes in Warslik, the dog poop, the little artifacts in Giant's Walk...it's going to be ugly.

Domino
10-28-2016, 12:01 AM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Curmudgeon"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Curmudgeon said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6384507#post-6384507" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Doing the quests in Fens to allow me to find Greshdek. First time I did this I was the only one there, gathering the materials for the various tasks wasn't a problem. This time there were three of us there and we were running around like crazy people trying to find wood. Now imagine 20 people on that step of the quest.<br /> <br />I think the resources for these quests need to be coded for instra-respawn so there is always a minimum number of spawns up</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Every single quest harvestable in this questline is already coded for insta-respawn so there is always a minimum number of spawns up. Sometimes that number is 1 or 2, but this is already there.

Curmudgeon
10-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Then perhaps the number needs to be higher then 1 or 2, especially for wood in the Fens area. And back on the poop subject, maybe there were spawn points I couldn't find because it's non-trackable, but I ended up standing on the log surveying the area looking for respawns with no one else there. I suppose there might have been a spawn or two under the slugs but without them showing on track there's no way of knowing since I'm playing as if I were sub-100 adventure and not killing anything.

Wurm
10-29-2016, 11:15 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Iglu"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Iglu said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6384679#post-6384679" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I can see that the timber and fire wood are going to be a problem in the Fens. Only one wagon was spawning when I was there yesterday.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Same thing right now, I /feedbacked it, there definitely needs to be more carts out there.<br /> <br />There is like 6 of us out here right now camping the cart spawns. And each spawn for the home fires only gives you one wood.