PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Add Tinkering Recipes to TS Vendor

Meirril
11-13-2015, 12:47 AM
An entire new city that hasn't been contacted for hundreds of years filled with tinkering gnomes. There is a quest line to help them in their experiments. And yet...no new tinkering recipes. While it might not be possible to have them ready for launch, I really think at least a few new recipes should be added. Just add a book to the vendor and charge the standard 10 tokens for it. The recipes don't have to be serious. Heck, I'd be ok with making the exploding hammer from the quest line. Just a few quick ideas below:<br /> <br />House Actor versions of the clockworks. So they can stand still and give lines.<br /> <br />House Pet versions of the clockworks. More the free roaming type.<br /> <br />Tinkered Exploding Hammer. You're character equips a hammer and launches a firework. Both the hammer and the firework explode. You loose 40% of your health and get knocked down. 5 charges (or better yet, creates a stack of 5)<br /> <br />Gnomish Magnifying Range Finder. Allows camera to enter free roam, but you can only move forward and can't pass through solid objects. End effect by hitting mouse1, escape or any action key.<br /> <br />A new tinkered swarm attack, preferably the spider-bots from the abandoned labs.<br /> <br /> <br />Tinkering hasn't had any new recipes added in a long time. This seems overdue.

Niami DenMother
11-13-2015, 01:27 AM
Um, there are a few (5) new recipes for tinkering, and have been since the start of beta. You'll need 500 tinkerer to scribe them. I'm not sure if they not show up or not on the vendor if you're not skilled enough.

Meirril
11-13-2015, 08:29 PM
Ah, the character I had checking the vendor only had 210ish tinkering.

Mermut
11-13-2015, 08:37 PM
I find it odd that the recipe doesn't show at all until you've got the skill to use it.. rather then being able to see it, but not able to use it.

Niami DenMother
11-13-2015, 11:09 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Mermut"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Mermut said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6283000#post-6283000" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I find it odd that the recipe doesn't show at all until you've got the skill to use it.. rather then being able to see it, but not able to use it.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div> <br />Since they have the vendor filtered to only show recipes useable by your class, it makes sense that it doesn't show for a non-tinkerer. (I have NOT confirmed if it requires 500 tinkering to see it, only that it requires you be a tinkerer)

Mermut
11-13-2015, 11:28 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Niami DenMother"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Niami DenMother said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6283225#post-6283225" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Since they have the vendor filtered to only show recipes useable by your class, it makes sense that it doesn't show for a non-tinkerer. (I have NOT confirmed if it requires 500 tinkering to see it, only that it requires you be a tinkerer)</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>It does require 500 tinkering skill. My copied toon was 494. I didn't see the recipes until I skilled up to 500.<br />On the tradeskill recipe merchants, they only show 'your class' recipes, but they also show ones you can't scribe yet, so it that code is currently available and in use on numerous current NPCs

Sigrdrifa
11-13-2015, 11:56 PM
<a href="http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Deepforge_Tinkering_Blueprints" target="_blank" class="externalLink" rel="nofollow"><b>Deepforge Tinkering Blueprints</b></a>, buy them!<br /> <br />It includes a tinkered dumbfire pet, upgraded harvesting tool, SCUBA gear, a house pet, and a Maldura wormhole generator.