PDA

View Full Version : Dagger Storm

Loran
10-31-2015, 11:37 PM
Dagger Storm is broken for assassins.

Caith
10-31-2015, 11:44 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Loran"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Loran said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6276108#post-6276108" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Dagger Storm is broken for assassins.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div> <br />It's broken for most scouts at the moment, it is fixed internally and should be on the next beta build.

Loran
10-31-2015, 11:48 PM
Any word on when that could be? it's one of the highest hitting abilities for solos right now.

kluxor
11-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Looks especially broken for swashbucklers. Insane increase in dmg, but still confused as to why swash gets the boost while everyone else's stay the same. If the intention was to only boost swashies, perhaps via AA would've been a better way to accomplish it

Xuma
11-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Its friggen stupid. Dagger Storm - the highest damage CA in the GAME and EVERY scout class has it. Only now, its gonna be higher for Swashes. Makes sense? I think NOT.

Laserbeak
11-10-2015, 07:08 PM
I agree fully.. Why give the best AOE class in the game.. a better version of the best Blue AOE? makes no sense.

Errrorr
11-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Probably because it's easier to scale dps with 1 ability, that works both Single Target and AoE, vs many others that don't.

ZUES
11-10-2015, 10:39 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Laserbeak"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Laserbeak said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6281622#post-6281622" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I agree fully.. Why give the best AOE class in the game.. a better version of the best Blue AOE? makes no sense.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Swashies are stil WAY far behind assassins on aoe fights. You're a sin and complaining about another classes aoe damage? Really?! You guys are supposed to be single target scouts, not aoe scouts. They should nerf assassins aoe dps and put them where they are supposed to be on the parse. Swashies still cannot compete with sins, rangers, locks or wizards in equal gear. But at least now, even with lower aoe dps than an assassin, they bring enough utility to the table to justify their raid slot. Every raid force is going to want a swashy now, so I can understand how some of you assassins are feeling threatened enough to come here and ask for a swash nerf (or hint toward it with derogatory comments).

kluxor
11-11-2015, 03:03 AM
Personally I've never called for a swash nerf, but instead of just granting them a boost to a shared ability...either make it through AA or choose a different swashbuckler specific ability to boost.<br /><br />My hemotoxins aren't better just because I'm an assassin, they're better because I have an AA for it....well, I take that back...they're garbage now thanks to all the complaining

Germs
11-11-2015, 08:24 AM
I think Swashies need to be the warlock of the scout class. Assassins shouldn't be crying over dagger storm because they aren't hurting in the dps department. Swashies have been in the toilet for a while now.<br /> <br />(and no I don't play one. I only have an Inquisitor and a Necro)

Ruckus
11-11-2015, 08:36 AM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Germs"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Germs said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6281657#post-6281657" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I think Swashies need to be the warlock of the scout class. Assassins shouldn't be crying over dagger storm because they aren't hurting in the dps department. Swashies have been in the toilet for a while now.<br /> <br />(and no I don't play one. I only have an Inquisitor and a Necro)</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div> <br />There have not been many raid fights in the past few expansions that have a lot of mobs/adds in the encounter. A swashy wearing WDB gear in AoM did more DPS on fights with 1-4 mobs than a swashy wearing ab mod gear. The only time a swashy wearing ab mod gear improved, was in fights where there were lots of adds (like the Morin and Barin fight in Brokenskull Bay). Even then, you didn't really worry about all the adds, because it was pretty much a 2 mob fight, and the adds only caused issue if you AoEed like crazy and got aggro from them. That still didn't stop me from going crazy with my blue AoE buttons.<br /><br />I used to have 2 sets of gear to go with my 2 DPS specs. After awhile, I just gave up with switching spec/gear around, because raid fights were either single target or had only a few adds to worry about. Being able to AoE for clearing trash is fine and all, but having to switch specs/gear around is just too annoying and fills up my bags with too much gear.

Striinger
11-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Why do people constantly expect every class to dps like the T1 dps? <br /> <br />Next I'd like to see the healers complaining that they aren't doing enough dps to compete with the warlocks. Come on...no furies in the bunch think it's unfair that warlocks can outparse a fury in offensive spec? <br /> <br />My only wish (that won't be an expec decision) is that the gaps between different tiers for roles (dps, heals, utility) should be MUCH wider. It'd be less confusing for the masses.

dngrmse
11-11-2015, 12:31 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="kluxor"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">kluxor said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6277211#post-6277211" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Looks especially broken for swashbucklers. Insane increase in dmg, but still confused as to why swash gets the boost while everyone else's stay the same. If the intention was to only boost swashies, perhaps via AA would've been a better way to accomplish it</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Why should that make a difference? DPS is DPS...it doesn't matter if it comes from a mechanic tuned specifically to provide it, or an AA choice that does what amounts to the same exact thing.<br /><br />Swashies needed this. They got it. It has no impact on any other dps class in the game. I honestly can't even understand why people that play other classes feel threatened by this.

kluxor
11-11-2015, 04:09 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="dngrmse"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">dngrmse said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6281896#post-6281896" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Why should that make a difference? DPS is DPS...it doesn't matter if it comes from a mechanic tuned specifically to provide it, or an AA choice that does what amounts to the same exact thing.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />Swashies needed this. They got it. It has no impact on any other dps class in the game. I honestly can't even understand why people that play other classes feel threatened by this.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div> <br /> <br />Can you name any other shared ability that is drastically improved for one select class that isn't through AA?

dngrmse
11-11-2015, 04:11 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="kluxor"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">kluxor said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6281983#post-6281983" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Can you name any other shared ability that is drastically improved for one select class that isn't through AA?</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Can you explain under what physical conditions liquid water can form on the sunlit surface of earth's moon?

ZUES
11-11-2015, 04:16 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="kluxor"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">kluxor said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6281983#post-6281983" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Can you name any other shared ability that is drastically improved for one select class that isn't through AA?</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Your hangup is not because it's shared, it's because swashies got it. If it makes you feel better tho contact Caith and ask him to change it to "Dagger Hurricane". LOL! Is a swashy about to take your raid slot or something?

Laserbeak
11-12-2015, 10:47 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="ZUES"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">ZUES said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6281735#post-6281735" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">Swashies are stil WAY far behind assassins on aoe fights. You're a sin and complaining about another classes aoe damage? Really?! You guys are supposed to be single target scouts, not aoe scouts. They should nerf assassins aoe dps and put them where they are supposed to be on the parse. Swashies still cannot compete with sins, rangers, locks or wizards in equal gear. But at least now, even with lower aoe dps than an assassin, they bring enough utility to the table to justify their raid slot. Every raid force is going to want a swashy now, so I can understand how some of you assassins are feeling threatened enough to come here and ask for a swash nerf (or hint toward it with derogatory comments).</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>You must have bad warlocks or Beastlords.. cuz I got decimated on aoe fights by mogrim and othion on his beastlord on beta.. the single targets I won 2.. the beastlord won the rest.. mogrim won the AOE fight then beastlord then sin. And threatened? you're obviously special. No assassin is threatened by any swash. I was simply asking why make the best AOE class's in game dagger storm so much better than any other class.. when they could simply up their blues by a %...or up their single target CA's..Just baffles me why they took a shared aa ability..and raised it for one class. Sin's AOE dps was drastically nerfed.. when they hit hemotoxin for 400% nerf. my max hemo hit was 4.9 mil on beta...(live it was 40+mil) and it was 12th on my parse in zone wide. The reason you see sins wreck on aoe on live is strictly because of poisons. This has been addressed in beta.. I hate that hemos got hit as hard as they did.. but people complained. and the squeaky wheel gets the oil. But I agree with the striinger.. swash.. brig.. conj.. and necro are supposed to be t2 dps.. they're not supposed to parse like t1..they provide util AND dps. while t1 provide mostly dps and/or max health debuffs... to say anyone is threatened by these changes is stupid.. and overly defensive..imho. cheers.