PDA

View Full Version : You abandon your preparations to camp...

Elinea
10-23-2015, 06:23 AM
This is happening on a warden on beta. And it's never happened to my warden on live servers. It's like a spreading disease. A virus. This is how the zombie apocalypse begins!

seanabrady
10-23-2015, 06:59 AM
i had this happening to my AB character the other day during the merge. First time i tried to camp it would abandon. If I did it a second time after it would work fine.

azcn2503
10-23-2015, 11:55 AM
This has been happening on the live game for a few months now, I guess for me it happens about 20% of the time I want to camp to another character.<br /> <br />Here is a link to the previous discussion in the player support forums: <a href="https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/you-abandon-your-preparations-to-make-camp.560212/" class="internalLink">https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...bandon-your-preparations-to-make-camp.560212/</a>

Almee
10-23-2015, 05:51 PM
I just had this happen to a new fury I was camping to character select.

Raveen
10-23-2015, 05:54 PM
This happened to me on Permafrost I had to camp like 3 times to get it to stick.

Deveryn
10-23-2015, 10:18 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Elinea"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Elinea said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6270805#post-6270805" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I'm still thinking there's a proc somewhere that's going off, forcing the character to stand. With the summoners, people were saying it was pets, but a warden has no pets. I did have her merc up at the time, so again, maybe it's a spell proc forcing a stand up. Nothing showed in the chat/combat window though, and I didn't have ACT running on the beta server.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>It's certain maintained spells. In the case of the summoners, there are pet buffs that will refresh every time they zone, whether they have a pet up or not. These spells will then attempt to refresh as they camp.<br /> <br />I suspect if other classes are running into it, it's something that is potentially for a group / friend target. Wardens have a handful of buffs that fit this criteria. I'm sure furies have the same thing.<br /> <br />edit: I've found relief by not running any of these buffs and leaving off the AA that grant pet abilities.

Deveryn
10-24-2015, 08:09 AM
I think the /camp code definitely needs a look. Maybe it's time they looked into a fast camp option, like eq1 has. You get a prompt, hit 'ok' and it immediately takes you to character select.

Elinea
10-24-2015, 08:21 AM
I'm still thinking there's a proc somewhere that's going off, forcing the character to stand. With the summoners, people were saying it was pets, but a warden has no pets. I did have her merc up at the time, so again, maybe it's a spell proc forcing a stand up. Nothing showed in the chat/combat window though, and I didn't have ACT running on the beta server.