PDA

View Full Version : Potency effects on tanky jewelry

konofo
11-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I've observed a <i>bit</i> of a trend among some new (ostensibly tanky) jewelry effects that have been shown to us so far.<br /> <br />Invigoration from Agility: Increase Potency by 10% when avoiding an attack, stacks 10 times.<br />Powerful Retaliation: Increase Potency by 11% when damaged by melee, stacks 10 times.<br />Pact of Constitution: Increase Potency by 2.5% and HP by 1,000 per raid member.<br />Power of Malice: Increases Potency by 50% & HP by 20,000, or by 80% & 32,000 if atop the threat list.<br />Amplifying Stamina: Increases Potency by 46-92% and STA by 500-983, scaling with Amplifying users in raid.<br />Building Furor: Increases Potency by 5% and STA by 75 when receiving damage, stacks 10 times.<br />Building Confidence: Increases Potency by 5% and STA by 75 when avoiding an attack, stacks 10 times.<br />Accursed Power: Increase Potency by 60% when taking damage > 25% of max HP.<br /> <br />I might have missed a couple. What I've also apparently missed are the effects that boost HP/STA along with... anything else. (I'm aware that some of the ToV effects are continuing in AoM.)<br /> <br />Maybe I'm a bad, but Potency just isn't very high on my wish list, unless I'm using Recklessness. Of course, if i'm Reckless, I probably don't care about the HP, and most of these effects are incompatible with Recklessness anyway. <br /> <br />Is this sudden focus on tank Potency deliberate? Is it up for discussion?<br /> <br />kono

Jrel
11-09-2014, 05:33 PM
I think potency also increases taunts/threat/hate gain. As a DPSer, I think that's great. Would be negligible gains for us damage-wise with high potency already, but for tanks with low potency, still a great gain.

konofo
11-09-2014, 06:35 PM
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Jrel"> <aside> <div class="attribution type">Jrel said: <a href="index.php?goto/post&id=6127167#post-6127167" class="AttributionLink">↑</a> </div> <blockquote><span class="ae_quote_symbol">“</span><span class="ae_quote_content">I think potency also increases taunts/threat/hate gain. As a DPSer, I think that's great. Would be negligible gains for us damage-wise with high potency already, but for tanks with low potency, still a great gain.</span><span class="ae_quote_symbol">”</span></blockquote> </aside></div>Sure, of course, so does CB. I'm not saying Potency is a <i>useless</i> stat for us, but it's not the go-to stat, and I don't think it's in need of this much attention. I'd personally rather see more variety.<br /> <br />kono

Ansom
11-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Usually most of tank dps is from the weapon, and weapon don't use pot. More dps you make, more agro you build. Of course free pot is not a waist.. but i prefer other thing.<br /> <br />I just hope the gear on the npc, is the old one, not the actual AoM gear.. and i hope on decent rare item.. Because the actual heroic gear on the npc, is make me sad.

Meshuggahx
11-09-2014, 10:56 PM
For sk, more pot helps alot on holding aggro because more potency= higher taunts values and higher spells dmg which result in better aggro holding without being dependent on hate gains or transfers.

Ansom
11-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Same thing with CB... but is effect weapon to.